Game Day: Manly v Titans [Round 15, 2016]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

HappilyManly

Journey Man
NRLTeam

1. Brett Stewart 2. Jorge Taufua 3. Tom Trbojevic 11. Lewis Brown 4. Brayden Wiliame 19.Pita Godinet 7. Apisai Koroisau 8. Darcy Lussick 9. Matt Parcell 10. Martin Taupau 15. Josh Starling 12. Jamie Buhrer 13. Jake Trbojevic
Interchange: 14. Blake Leary 5. Matthew Wright 18. Liam Knight 17. Siosaia Vave

McRae_ManagingExpectations.003.jpg

Last edited:
So any predictions on the team line up?

Remember that Walker won't be available due to NSW selection and its probable that Myles will also be out. On the plus side we get Martin Taupau back from suspension.

I wonder if Killer is a chance to play? Probably not I'd imagine, but who knows?

For mine, the team should be:

FB - Brett Stewart
WG - Jorge Taufua
CE - Tom Trbojevic
CE - Brayden Wiliame
WG - Matthew Wright
FE - Feleti Mateo
HB - Api Koroisau
PR - Darcy Lussick
HK - Matt Parcell
PR - Josh Starling
SR - Martin Taupau
SR - Jame Buhrer
LK - Jake Trbojevic (c)

Res - Lewis Brown, Addin Fonua-Blake, Siosaia Vave, Liam Knight.

However, what I think our best team will be and the team that runs out next Monday night in Robina will probably be two different things.

I can see Knight missing out and Leary playing. I can also see TB selecting Taupau or Jake in the front row (with the other at lock), Brown in the second row and Starling on the bench.

With Walker, Killer and DCE out, Mateo is now a must at 5/8. But will it happen?

We can win this game if last week hurt as much as I think it will. Bird is a big out for them.Titans play tough but they are hardly unbeatable. Just because we are going very ordinary doesn't mean we have to anoint our opponents as superstars every week. A lot of very ordinary teams in this comp.

Interesting game. If they roll over easily this week then we can say for sure the cue is in the rack for the year. I suspect they won"t but we will learn a lot about this lot given the eight is gone. A few careers on the line here and rightly so.

Whatever the results for the rest of the year doesn't change the fact we need at least one and probably two power forwards next year to be competitive.

Last edited:
Mateo did enough in 2nd grade to deserve the shot at #6 in my opinion, though who knows if it'll happen, at this point i wouldnt be at all surprised to see Turbo thrown in at #6 and Satini given another shot at centre just as a see what happens thing if there is any 2nd tier space at all. I'd say Symonds going paves way the for Knight to move out of 2nd tier and get his run as a straight BJ replacement.

Sea Eagles: Dylan Walker’s recall to Origin will likely see Samoan international Pita Godinet back into first grade. Despite only joining the club in the weeks before the season began, Godinet has been handed the captaincy of the Sea Eagles NSW Cup side. The injury to Nate Myles could open the door for Liam Knight to make his first grade debut.

Yes. I'd give Potato a try at 5/8. If he is totally out of favour with selectors then I'd opt for Buhrer.
Our backline and fullback should be carved up by the pace of the Titans.
I'm really hoping Knight gets a chance. He is one player who never gives up.

Well get set for the game that follows , you reckon the Titans will be bad , the Cowboys will be downright UGLY!!
Rubbish. Losing to the Titans has to hurt more than the expected loss to the Cowboys. Or has it now reached the point where a match against the Titans is also an expected loss? Deep down I know the answer to that too.

Sea Eagles: Dylan Walker’s recall to Origin will likely see Samoan international Pita Godinet back into first grade. Despite only joining the club in the weeks before the season began, Godinet has been handed the captaincy of the Sea Eagles NSW Cup side. The injury to Nate Myles could open the door for Liam Knight to make his first grade debut.

If that is true then Feleti Mateo may as well just pack up and leave now because he won't be playing first grade at Manly.....

If that is true then Feleti Mateo may as well just pack up and leave now because he won't be playing first grade at Manly.....
Manly wants to flick him, but no one will pay his 600k p.a.

Good on Mateo for looking after his family :clap:

I still think Manly cut off their nose to spite him.
Why sacrifice a whole season on the Walker experiment? That kid does nothing but run with the ball or throws forward passes in panic :mad:

I think Killer moving to 5/8 before his injury saw the end of the Walker experiment. Unfortunately Killer's hammy gave the experiment new life for a couple of more games.

:mad:
Are you serious? Are we really paying him that much? He was in reserve grade at the Worriers when we recruited him (or Newcastle, I can't remember). But I do know he was unwanted.
If that salary is true then our recruitment team is no better than Parramatta.

Rubbish. Losing to the Titans has to hurt more than the expected loss to the Cowboys. Or has it now reached the point where a match against the Titans is also an expected loss? Deep down I know the answer to that too.

Sadly I also know the answer to that one, at this point ( may change before round 26) we might be a chance v Rorters and Newcastle, as to the rest , well that's in the lap of the gods!!

Good on Mateo for looking after his family :clap:

I still think Manly cut off their nose to spite him.
Why sacrifice a whole season on the Walker experiment? That kid does nothing but run with the ball or throws forward passes in panic :mad:
Did exactly the same with the wolfman.

Are you serious? Are we really paying him that much? He was in reserve grade at the Worriers when we recruited him (or Newcastle, I can't remember). But I do know he was unwanted.
If that salary is true then our recruitment team is no better than Parramatta.
The story was that the Warriors were paying the bulk of his remaining 3 x 600k. But presumable, that's not transferable.
I still like how he plays and given a regular first grade gig, would have stabilized our halves this year.

Mateo was tapped last year. but he and Burgo wanted to stay local and get the big dollars that they know, no one else will pay them. @:cool:

The story was that the Warriors were paying the bulk of his remaining 3 x 600k. But presumable, that's not transferable.
I still like how he plays and given a regular first grade gig, would have stabilized our halves this year.

Mateo was tapped last year. but he and Burgo wanted to stay local and get the big dollars that they know, no one else will pay them. @:cool:
He's on big money, pretty sure he was the marquee player we sent to the 9s?

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6