Manly v Rabbits Vegas

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
They are apparently splitting transport - some today and rest tomorrow

I think the main reason is there are 33 Business class seats on Fiji Airlines A350's.

Would be nigh impossible to fit all the players, coaches etc on one flight business class, hence the 2 flights.

The Risk Management Stategy is a nice story, but if half the team were lost in a plane crash - the game would be cancelled.

Last edited:
Nothing like a bit of fuel in the fire for our fiery grudge match ....
NRL FOX

Demetriou responds to Seibold sledge as war of words lights fuse for Vegas grudge match​

South Sydney coach Jason Demetriou has responded to criticism from Anthony Seibold that the Sea Eagles were failing to promote the game in Las Vegas.

The Manly coach lit the fuse for next week’s historic season-opener by calling out the Rabbitohs for basing themselves in San Diego.

Manly is the only team to be based in Vegas for the double-header, with the other three clubs setting up camp in California before they arrive in Sin City for the matches at Allegiant Stadium.

Earlier in the week Demetriou aimed a light-hearted jab at Manly, saying he would put some money behind the bar for Sea Eagles players to enjoy themselves prior to the round one blockbuster.
Seibold didn’t see the funny side, however, firing back it: “would be nice if the Bunnies came to Las Vegas to promote the game.”

Seibold used to coach the Rabbitohs and famously had some words in the media with Demetriou when he moved to Brisbane.
Demetriou was asked about the comments on Thursday and was relucatant to fan the flames.

“I’m not going to buy into it, really,’’ Demetriou told the Daily Telegraph.

“It (came from) a comment I made to a ridiculous question about players going out and it couldn’t be more tongue in cheek.
“In terms of promoting the game, our club is renowned and putting our hand up to come over here in the first place, shows how committed we are to promoting the game.
“We’re promoting it to America, so it’s good the clubs have spread themselves to different areas.”

Speaking at Sydney Airport as Manly prepared to fly out to the United States, Seibold was adamant they were doing their part to grow the game.

“One of the reasons we’re going there 11 days beforehand is to promote the game.

“The NRL have wanted to take the game to Las Vegas so we’re doing our job. All our training sessions are open sessions so supporters and the media are more than welcome to come to all of our sessions.

“We’ve got a lot of corporates and members and supporters coming across so we want to do the right thing by the game.
“I’m not concerned about other clubs.

“Every team has their own way to prepare, but we feel obligated and obliged to promote the game in Las Vegas where the game is being played.

“There have been some comments from others, but that’s okay. We know what we need to do to minimise those distractions. We’ve got a fantastic group of adults in our squad and there’s a lot of trust.
End NRL FOX story ...
Priorities Perspective Time .........................
NRL Priority is to Promote the Game
Manly Sea eagles Priority is to Promote the Manly Brand as a World Winning Brand
So Lets Get our Priorities Right Boys and Win the Fcking Game
This is a BIG Game on a Big Occasion
Lets us Soar Like the Eagles that we are and Shine like Beacons on the NRL World Stage
1708644658667.png

Last edited:
The game -
  • bit worried about Alaoi's match fitness
  • Souths will try to expose our middles late in each half
  • They'll also pressure Garrick's defence at centre
  • also Brooks (who can tackle but it's not exactly his strength).
  • Manly will depend on kicking and using our speed men to pin Souths in their own territory.

Because the NRL is trying to showcase the product, I wonder if the ref will be told to treat it like an Origin game, ie don't be pedantic, let the game flow as much as possible, put the whistle away...??

The game -
  • Manly will depend on kicking and using our speed men to pin Souths in their own territory.

Because the NRL is trying to showcase the product, I wonder if the ref will be told to treat it like an Origin game, ie don't be pedantic, let the game flow as much as possible, put the whistle away...??
My take…

• bit worried about Alaoi's match fitness I am more worried about his mistakes
  • Souths will try to expose our middles late in each half Agree that this remains our biggest “back-to-the-pack” area
  • They'll also pressure Garrick's defence at centre Yes but I think he is capable in defence and his speed will (hopefully) getting him out of trouble a lot of times
  • also Brooks (who can tackle but it's not exactly his strength). I am actually not overly concerned with this as (similar to Mitch Moses) it is an area that he has improved immensely in recent years. I watch more tigpies games than I wish to admit (got mates that go for them and I love to put the boot in 😂) and I actually think that Brooks (whilst not a tackling machine) hold his own these days
  • Manly will depend on kicking and using our speed men to pin Souths in their own territory. This has been an issue for us for a long time. We need 2 kickers to be kicking well in a game to be competitive. Too often we give up cheap yardage due to poor kicks and get punished for it. Chez was on fire last year (after the first few rounds) but we really missed having a consistently good kicking option beyond him.
Hopefully Turbo is fit and firing and makes up for a lot of our concerns. Going to be interesting watching the plays they work up for Turbo with Garrick in the centres…

I am excited about this year - which makes me feel a bit sick in the stomach tbh…

The game -

Well to be honest they’d be wise to do that , not sure if you’ve watched grid iron ( I have but only a few times) and they don’t have a lot of penalties.

However they stop every 5 minutes for 3 minutes of advertising.

Games can go for 3-4 hours

I agree feathered friend . Put the whistle away

This game will go down in History as the first game refereed without a whistle
The NRL promoted the game with No Helmets No Pads and Big Hits
So the NRL Big promotional Big Hits are on and the Whistle should stay in the refs pocket
Other wise the NRL will make a mockery of their Big Bash promo

The Enemies weaknesses we should to target
1. The Enemy has both their marquee centres out
2. 5/8 Walker has been in injury doubt and his fitness level should be tested with lots of hard running plays down his way all day
3. Their young half is under pressure to perform and we should also put pressure on him as well
4.Keppie is a confidence player and prone to errors
5. Latrell is an emotional player and we need the Niggling Pest Nathan Brown to put him off his game

Both teams physically make a close contest and the team that will win is the one that will psychologically get the better of their opponent

The game -

Aloiai has had a huge pre-season from all accounts. In terms of pre season performance/fitness he has been up with Jake as our best.

I reckon Manly are at least a 50/50 in this opening game.
What I really want to see is Manly match the Bunnies up the middle because if they do, will get the 2 points
Some key big men missing in Lodge and Sipley, but would really love to see an aggressive, rugged approach to set the tempo for 2024 in the way of attitude.

So I guess we are waiting until team list Tuesday to find out who went , TBH, I find that a little dissapointing I’d have thought they’d announce the “ touring squad “.

So I guess we are waiting until team list Tuesday to find out who went , TBH, I find that a little dissapointing I’d have thought they’d announce the “ touring squad “.
Guess so, unless they're waiting till after tomorrow's game and/or the last two are on the plane on Sunday (one of whom was going to be Schu till he was withdrawn, according to Seibs). Maybe then they'll release the "touring squad", in which case may as well wait till Team List Tuesday!

Guess so, unless they're waiting till after tomorrow's game and/or the last two are on the plane on Sunday (one of whom was going to be Schu till he was withdrawn, according to Seibs). Maybe then they'll release the "touring squad", in which case may as well wait till Team List Tuesday!
Our media only arrived in Vegas late yesterday arvo our time, approx 10pm Vegas time. Plenty more to come after some sleep and recovery etc I reckon

We are still light on in the rampaging Prop position ... they could mash us through the middle

We are still light on in the rampaging Prop position ... they could mash us through the middle
Missing Lodge and Sipley definitely makes us a bit light in the middle and with the smaller field this could hurt us.

I’m not worried about Garrick in the centres, Souths don’t have Wighton or Campbell Graham playing. Our backs are superior.

But unfortunately, the game might be decided in the middle. If we can match them there then we win.

As I’ve said multiple times now , I think we are short some forwards , and not having Lodge or Sipley really will hurt in these first 3-5 rounds , especially if we get any injuries.

And this place will blow up deluxe if we have to get a dispensation to play Aaron Woods.

But if we get a couple go down , and without the other two , that’s possible I guess.

I Pray to God Parker and Woods do not appear anywhere on the field

And this place will blow up deluxe if we have to get a dispensation to play Aaron Woods.
Don't worry Mark. God has turned a blind eye to an awful lot of stuff in Vegas over the years, but surely He will act on Bozo's prayer and prevent such a travesty.
prayer GIF

I Pray to God Parker and Woods do not appear anywhere on the field
My understanding is that Parker is playing trial. Also it was stated early on that it would take maybe 5 to 6 weeks before he would even be considered for top grade.

Also for Woods, when he initially came it was a good move. He was like a non playing mentor that occasionally found myself on the field. I wont be surprised if he went with team but shocked if he had a playing role.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8