MANLY V Penriff -Pre-game discussion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Our team have there own reasons to be up for this game as well. It's another chance for our boys to show the world that they are one mental tough team.

Judging by this thread, Manly fans have been severely distracted for the past few days, worrying about smear campaigns against DCE and the entire club. We fans have to get our minds back on the job, we'll need a fast start against Penrith or we'll be in a real dogfight (and you'd have to tip a panther to win a dogfight).

Only watched the last ten minutes of the Panthers - Souths match last week but it seemed more of a case of Souths having a particularly good on day because the Panthers at least on paper are certainly no easy beats . Although Manly have not experienced good outcomes at Penrith in recent seasons, providing the team can continue with the same consistent level of commitment and intensity tomorrow, this should be enough to gain two more important points . Good that Manly "s back line stays intact and the forwards still look a strong unit. Kennedy apparently played some time as a centre earlier in his career and so should not lack any attacking ability and seems to have a good work ethic and as usual i guess the hope is that Lane can lift his input and be effective for his game time . General team confidence definitely seems good and hopefully this will also translate into a good showing and win for tomorrow for Manly.

I'm in the, like to see some hair, crowd. Bald little badgers just don't do it for me. Remember, that stuff is at my eye height, so it's really important to short-asses like me.

Panthers: James Fisher-Harris could be a late inclusion after being named among the reserves, Sitaleki Akauola is the man most likely to make way. Tyrone Peachey will move to the centres for Dean Whare (jaw) and Mitch Rein will return at hooker.

Sea Eagles: No late changes expected with Jarrad Kennedy to start for Lewis Brown (knee) and Darcy Lussick replacing Jake Trbojevic at lock.

nrl.com

Only watched the last ten minutes of the Panthers - Souths match last week but it seemed more of a case of Souths having a particularly good on day because the Panthers at least on paper are certainly no easy beats . Although Manly have not experienced good outcomes at Penrith in recent seasons, providing the team can continue with the same consistent level of commitment and intensity tomorrow, this should be enough to gain two more important points . Good that Manly "s back line stays intact and the forwards still look a strong unit. Kennedy apparently played some time as a centre earlier in his career and so should not lack any attacking ability and seems to have a good work ethic and as usual i guess the hope is that Lane can lift his input and be effective for his game time . General team confidence definitely seems good and hopefully this will also translate into a good showing and win for tomorrow for Manly.

I watched most of it - cause I had Panthers last leg of multi sadly - don't get be wrong they were ordinary in some ways BUT we shouldn't forget Panthers led 8-0 and Moylan threw an intercept that butchered a chance to be 12 or 14 nil and the air went out of Penriths balloon. Souths also scored 4 or 5 tries from kicks and Reynolds & Johnston had the games of their lives. If we turn up a bit down we'll get beaten.

And echo an earlier call - Mitch Rein "dummies and go's " from dummy half EVERY TIME from near the line.

Good that we are talking about this important game again and not focussing on what some dimwitted journalist wrote for click bait!

Very ( very) tough game this one , we've been weakened , and they will be highly motivated.

Will be interesting for me this weekend, down in Moree helping mind the grandkids and being support for my now very sick son in law and he's a mad Panfers fan.

I'm guessing he will be giving it to me non stop if we lose and vice versa.

Could be fun!

Seeing as Moree is only a couple of hours from Lightning ridge...and you don't mind driving for weeks on end anyway.....

Can you please go to LR and find me an opal? Opals are uber-awesome and under appreciated!

- All the best to your son in law as well.

I wish we didn't have long term injuries (der) but we have Jorge...Curtis so it's slowly getting worse.

Mathew Wright has been excellent and I'm hoping the forward re-shuffle clicks quickly. I'd be happier with Jake in this weekend.

I dunno too much about Lane (tall af) and Kennedy but in Trent we trust!

Seeing as Moree is only a couple of hours from Lightning ridge...and you don't mind driving for weeks on end anyway.....

Can you please go to LR and find me an opal? Opals are uber-awesome and under appreciated!

- All the best to your son in law as well.

Ha, they are nice.

Thanks for the best wishes, sadly he's going downhill pretty fast now, his 40th birthday is the 28th of January and that's the next line in the sand.

Ha, they are nice.

Thanks for the best wishes, sadly he's going downhill pretty fast now, his 40th birthday is the 28th of January and that's the next line in the sand.

black-opal-04.jpg

That's sad to hear. I wish him and his family nothing but the best.

We are travelling great and we will play finals footy this year but I see this as a huge danger game. Panthers will be fired up and they seem to have the wood over us lately.
Yea the panthers last time i checked are just outside the top 8 and have a lot to play for so we should be on our guard.We have great attacking ability and its been some time now that i have seen us destroying teams up the middle which we have been doing off late.Good to see.I remember a year ago or more when we were throwing the ball out wide and getting frustrated and going nowhere and i think that has changed now for the better as our forwards are running with more determination and api running from dummy half has been pricless off late.We are in ok form.

Barrett: 'Real danger game for us'
Wayne Cousins

“I see it as a real danger game for us. Penrith at Penrith is always hard, particularly on a Saturday night, in a position that there in. They are a team that can string four, five, six games together when they get on a roll. We just have got to make sure that doesn’t start tomorrow,’’ Barrett said today.

http://www.seaeagles.com.au/news/2017/07/07/barrett_real_danger_.html

Barrett: 'Real danger game for us'
Wayne Cousins

“I see it as a real danger game for us. Penrith at Penrith is always hard, particularly on a Saturday night, in a position that there in. They are a team that can string four, five, six games together when they get on a roll. We just have got to make sure that doesn’t start tomorrow,’’ Barrett said today.

http://www.seaeagles.com.au/news/2017/07/07/barrett_real_danger_.html

With a few out I'm not expecting us to win ( easily).

A real 50/50 game this one!!

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11
10 4 6 15 10