Game Day: Manly v Eels [Round 22, 2016]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Mine.
Was all in the momentum of the play. Marty didn't line the guy up to take him out. Rubbish penalty.
I agree that Manly were bad though.
We had enough chances to win the winnable match against a depleted Parra side and the buck stops with the coach to take advantage and field the right team with the right game plan . Even at half time he had the opportunity to lift our team but he proved he is not capable . He just looks like a stunned mullet in his coaching box who has no solutions .

conanu

Bencher
Parra at times played with more depth and we handled it easily and with composure.(Depth is over-rated at "times")
I agree depth is over-rated and thats why the Raiders of the 90's were the last team to win a GF with it. Depth also is a way of hiding inefficiencies in backline movement. Neat Flat and Direct with quick play the balls builds enormous momentum and gets oppositions on the back foot. Back line moves that are sharp and flat gives oppositions little time to make the right decision on who to hit. Just ask Marty.

weev

Bencher
So we got beat (for the 5th time in a row) by a club whose season is
The last month we held on to the ball. Tonight we decided not to hold on to the bloody thing. I can't put up with the lazy keep me out of it performance of Tafua. Come on. Put someone in there who wants to be part of a team.
I think Tafua was injured, hence is poor mobility. They targeted him.

Yeah I know what you are saying is right, But i just have this feeling in my bones that Barrett is not our guy. Call it an idiots intuition but I just know it. When our last 2 coaches had the team, I felt confident that we would make the right decisions most times and that we had the ability to crush teams with sheer determination, much like Parra did tonight. However we keep producing this messy mistake ridden footy that just grinds my gears. I guess i just like structure and Barrett obviously has other ideas.
I doubt Toovey had much more improvement in him as a coach or would of attracted talent to the club.

Even Hasler had a rough initiation into first grade, yes with less talent but at the same time purchasing a load of talent is not easy to harness either.

I see good signs in the go forward, straightness, up tempo play and first up contact in defense to have me excited for next year when more structure will come into the team during year 2.

Sheikheagle

First Grader
Tipping Member
We had enough chances to win the winnable match against a depleted Parra side and the buck stops with the coach to take advantage and field the right team with the right game plan . Even at half time he had the opportunity to lift our team but he proved he is not capable . He just looks like a stunned mullet in his coaching box who has no solutions .

Stewart, myles, matai, myles, parcell & Lyon. If fit would have been in starting line up. So we were hardly at full strength!

CBreeagles

Reserve Grader
Exactly, I mean at half time you see Parra in the sheds all sitting down listening to the coach whilst our boys were in all sorts and Barrett was no where. It's not like we had a good first half for the coach not to be ripping into them.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
I am a proud Manly fan and I have had enough of this Barrett style of coaching . Barrett's term as coach will be as Peter Peters says " Irrelevant "

niccipops

un echidna spillo mia bevanda
Premium Member
I
I refuse to blame the coach when the whole team was terrible. Agree that we should have won it but a lot of people are accountable not just one.
Parra weren't the only depleted team out there tonight though.

D

Deleted member 24974

you mustn't watch many games. Checcin did the same thing penalising Orford a few years back vs the Titans.

Unlike that one though, tonight's was 100% a penalty.

Thanks Chuck but will completely disagree on this one. Found it strange Manly where penaltised for off side out wide when
Parra knocked on in the game but no penalty was given against parr when there entire game plan revolved around rushing up off side and bustling DCE.

Beer buzzard

Only tipsy on gamedays
So we got beat (for the 5th time in a row) by a club whose season is

I think Tafua was injured, hence is poor mobility. They targeted him.
Cop out. Turning around these days seem to be hard work for him. You are allowed to do work off the ball. I think you are hoping it is down to injury but to me it seems that his heart is not quite up to it.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Stewart, myles, matai, myles, parcell & Lyon. If fit would have been in starting line up. So we were hardly at full strength!
No comparison to Parra's Injuries and adversity . This game was ours to be won and we lost it because we are coached by a loser .

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
I

I refuse to blame the coach when the whole team was terrible. Agree that we should have won it but a lot of people are accountable not just one.
Parra weren't the only depleted team out there tonight though.
Barrett is a super coach . Congratulations !!!

conanu

Bencher
Agree Conanu has had an agenda against Barrett since round 1. We could be leading the comp and he would still have an issue. Barrett didn't make ferris drop the ball 4 times nor did he ask starling & taupau to give 4 points away in front of the sticks.

My response to that Sheikheagle is simply "Are we leading the comp?"

I admit I hate Barrett. I hated him as a player and now I hate him even more as a coach of Manly. He was the start of the rot in NSW team, picked every year for NSW because he looked like a footy player. Maybe it is an agenda, but I knew he was putrid and so far this year I am spot on the money. Tell me in your heart of hearts from what you have seen so far this season, you honestly believe that we will win a comp with this peanut in charge?

I have never felt more disconnected from this club than I do right now. We have so much young talent in this side with guys like the Turbo's, DCE, Parcell, Buhrer. But I can't relax knowing that 3 years of their development will be destroyed by Barrett. I can't live in the belief that Barrett has it all under control. You just have to look at the first re-signing that he does this year, Williame and Green???? Williame a winger cum centre got run down by Fat Danny Wicks and Green is not even a plodder. He waits till we win 4 games against rubbish opposition and signs these 2?? Not the Turbo's not Vave nope, Green and bloody Willhewonthe. Please Barrett! I beg you! make look stupid and force me to crawl under a rock by winning a GF please so these guys can tell me I was wrong. That would be my greatest hope!

Last edited:

BirdMan4ever

Reserve Grader
can somone explain what impact does green have?
what the fk is leary doing on the field with 5 min to go????
and why r we playing Walker at 5/8 again??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

conanu

Bencher
Did Nathan Green play?Actually,has he played all season?
No only for about 15 mins a game. But Leary who was twice the player under Toovey sits on the bench whilst we watch the Green to second row experiment go to **** every week just like the Walker to 5/8 experiment.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
can somone explain what impact does green have?
what the fk is leary doing on the field with 5 min to go????
and why r we playing Walker at 5/8 again??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Barrett the super coach can explain LOL

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
The last month we held on to the ball. Tonight we decided not to hold on to the bloody thing. I can't put up with the lazy keep me out of it performance of Tafua. Come on. Put someone in there who wants to be part of a team.
Horhay is frustrating with his seemingly lack of urgency sometimes, but to call him lazy is just plain wrong. He does so much grunt work coming out of our end. He has really stepped up and filled Skivvi's role in that department. He would have been in our top 3 for meters tonight for sure. His play the balls are infuriatingly slow though, which undoes a bit of that good work he does getting over the ad line. He needs to learn the put the ball down and step over it as you stand up method. He always fully gets to his feet and then plays it.....so........blooody..........slooooooowly

conanu

Bencher
I doubt Toovey had much more improvement in him as a coach or would of attracted talent to the club.

Even Hasler had a rough initiation into first grade, yes with less talent but at the same time purchasing a load of talent is not easy to harness either.

I see good signs in the go forward, straightness, up tempo play and first up contact in defense to have me excited for next year when more structure will come into the team during year 2.
I know you guys think that I believe Toovey should have stayed as coach, I was happy for the club to go into a different direction after Toovey but there was no need to white ant his season in the media like Zorba did and then sack him with a year to go on his contract. They could have let Toovey see out this year and moved him on for a guy like Ivan Cleary next season. Just not Barrett anyone but Barrett, I would actually rather Brian Smith.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
12 9 3 83 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 9 4 110 20
13 8 5 66 20
13 7 6 81 18
12 7 5 -37 18
13 7 6 133 16
13 7 6 47 16
13 7 6 -34 16
13 6 6 27 15