Game Day: Manly v Dragons [Round 14, 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Yep it’s a funny one.

You would think the fact we have a relatively slow backline , a very good starting pack , a great kicker in general play and good structures in defence this year it should suit us more than hinder us and in fact bring speedy sides back to our level.But for some reason we look terrible in any sort of weather.

Only reason I can think of is we are very ordinary in terms of defending bombs, drop a few and this leads to tries conceded ,a lack of possession and bad field position but that seems a bit of a stretch.Maybe the lack of a top tier second kicker hurts also.

Professional rugby league players should be able to handle different conditions. It’s a mystery we need to work out because this time of year there is normally plenty of wet tracks.

VIP game . Lose and back in the scramble with a bad home record. Not a great recipe. Tend to agree with Mick. If we can’t win this one with the Dragons hsving lost 6 of their last 7 and plenty of injuries the eight will look pretty shaky.

My mind goes back to when we could not win on a Monday night.
We eventually got over our monday night yipps, then they scrapped it.

Would like to see a bit of Fainus kicking game out of dummy half. He has a real ability to get out of dummy half off a quick play the ball and a few kicks from him, particularly off early tackles might be the change up we need in the wet to turn the Goons around. DCE can get isolated in these slugfests in the mud when they know he won’t spread it. Need to do a few things different.

Dear Manly,
Foolishly, we agreed to mind two puppy labradoodles this weekend. I know a win from you cannot fix the gaping hole that has been dug in the backyard, or the consequent mud traipsed all through the house, or the lack of sleep due to their constant exuberant playing - but please dear God, get this win for me. It will help. Believe me.
Go Manly!!!
Whack a cpl tabs of phenergan in their bowls..lights out all game.@:D

My mind goes back to when we could not win on a Monday night.
We eventually got over our monday night yipps, then they scrapped it.

Yep just confirmed on what I said a few posts earlier. Had a look at the calendar to check.

Prior to 2013, we had never beaten SGI at Kogarah ever and then we had to play them on a Monday night in 2013 which we won 24-18

We then beat the Dragons in 2014 on a Monday night in Kogarah again. In this match we won the game with only 40% possession

Sounds like he might be a good choice for ... raisen the standard .....

Reminds me of a God-awful joke I read in the Beano or Dandy back in the 70s:

Q. Why did the farmer plant light bulbs?

A. Because he wanted to grow electric currents.

Boom TISH!

Once again 90% of Fox pre game focus is on the visiting team at Brookie.
Grrrrrrrrrrrr :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Supercoach players do i Captain turbo or latrell Mitchell? Hoping latrell gets his form back against the spooners though turbo and dce combo has me 2nd guessing.

GO MANLY GOOOO no rain hopefully

What annoys me is the fact that they can see a replay on a bad call but can't over turn it

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11