Leary

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
James Hasson was real average no idea why he is on the bench. Lawrence struggled for meters but was good defensively. Leary did alright for his first game.

Speaking of Horo, I've been thinking for some time that his good form in 2013 may have been in part due to Arthur's presence in the coaching staff. Since then, Horo's game has fallen away.

The gun didn't kill any one Friday night . We need forwards that make an impact not forwards that just make tackles as we have plenty of them .
Match report article :

The Manly forwards were silenced by a Parramatta pack, who are far from the league’s most lethal unit. The statistics will do the Manly hierarchy trying to lure Foran no favours either.

They had more possession than Parramatta for more runs, but somehow the Sea Eagles carried the ball for less metres. Not one Manly forward managed to run for over 100m.

Bench forward Luke Burgess and lock Dunamis Lui were Manly’s best performers, with 98m each.

I demand a recount of the meters gained! FMD. Really? 2 of our blokes were 2 meters off cracking 100m. Sack the bastards!! SACK THE LOT!!!!

I jest, of course. As for Leary, people used to say the same thing about Willow as a player. They'd say, he offers little to the side, he has no impact.....

Boy did we miss his defence when Beaver and he left. We got carved up the middle every week. You NEED a good defender in the middle. He and Ballin were great. Ferris can provide spark when he's back (which people tend to forget quickly, and decide Ballin is not a good enough hooker, no attack) and our big blokes will get better with more games.

PLEASE people, keep in mind that was round 1. There is no match fitness yet. It takes a week or 2 of training and actually playing to get back to peak fitness. That game the other night was simply a battle of brute strength and will power. They wanted it more, and we were more than a little distracted. In saying that, and considering it was his first game, I think Leary went very, very well. The heat of battle does not faze him, he actually loves it.

If you look at teams like souths, roosters, bulldogs ect....they have massive forwards. I feel our pack can match any of those teams for commitment. It's just pure physics that's making it hard for us to compete.
Correcting this problem may mean making some tough decisions but until we add a few wrecking balls we're going to continue to fad in the latter stages of each half.
It probably doesn't feel like it now but DCE heading of to the Titans might just be one of the best things to happen to us.

Too small, our back row had no punch what so ever...... Edge runners, running lines at holes... But not one is able to get the tuff stuff done coming out of our end, horo,symonds,Leary ,Jamie,mateo..... We need some hard running mongrel in our back row.

I don't think he's too small, I got a good view on him on Friday, he's quite broad and very, very solid looking.
He's also remarkably similar to Watmough and gift in height and weight. I think as with the rest of our forwards, a few weeks and he'll be going strong.

I demand a recount of the meters gained! FMD. Really? 2 of our blokes were 2 meters off cracking 100m. Sack the bastards!! SACK THE LOT!!!!

I jest, of course. As for Leary, people used to say the same thing about Willow as a player. They'd say, he offers little to the side, he has no impact.....

Boy did we miss his defence when Beaver and he left. We got carved up the middle every week. You NEED a good defender in the middle. He and Ballin were great. Ferris can provide spark when he's back (which people tend to forget quickly, and decide Ballin is not a good enough hooker, no attack) and our big blokes will get better with more games.

PLEASE people, keep in mind that was round 1. There is no match fitness yet. It takes a week or 2 of training and actually playing to get back to peak fitness. That game the other night was simply a battle of brute strength and will power. They wanted it more, and we were more than a little distracted. In saying that, and considering it was his first game, I think Leary went very, very well. The heat of battle does not faze him, he actually loves it.

Please Mozza . keep in mind we were only expressing our views on our forward packs performance in our first match as comparison to parra's forward pack performance . Our forwards were given the opportunity to cement their place in our top team and if that wasn't enough of a motivation to want it more and win it more then God help us . One match does not make a season and things can change and when they do the forwards that perform will get acknowledged .
This is what Big Willy was tweeting after the match.
"Sorry to all manly supporters for 2nights effort, promise it'll be a totally different team next week."

Leary & Burgess were both good in their first games for us I thought. Lawrence looked like he may have been rushed back from injury, Mason is the big bopper we need but not starting the game (he needs impact from the bench) its here where we miss Starling in the first 20 minutes.
Mateo had 1 or 2 good touches but playing him on an edge doesn't get him involved enough.

He's listed at 97kg - and also about the same height as Watmough, Glen Stewart and Buhrer. He looks pretty strong, so expect him to break his share of tackles this season.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8