Latu Fainu

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
How shortsighted & dumb are the Manly Sea Eagles? We let our two most outsdanding young players go to the Tigers because we supposedly can't afford them. However, for some reason, we can afford to buy less impressive and more expensive Tigers' players in Tuilagi & Brooks. We also let Feledy, our best junior centre, go to the Tigers & have now bought Talau :oops:

Last edited:
How shortsighted & dumb are the Manly Sea Eagles? We let our two most outsdanding young players go to the Tigers because we supposedly can't afford them. However, for some reason, we can afford to buy less impressive and more expensive Tigers' players in Tuilagi & Brooks. We also let Feledy, our best junior centre, go to the Tigers & have now bought Talau :oops:
Latu was contracted so we had afforded him.

From what I've seen Sam is the one we will miss.

The fact that there was not offers coming in from everywhere is a pretty good indication that potential is not always equal to the future.
I was thinking the same thing

if they were so good why wasn't uncle Nick chasing them as the roosters are going to have a mass cleanout at the end of this year?

Ricky usually chases good talent for the raiders No storm contact either?

Perhaps Tartak's asking price only suited clubs willing to pay massive overs for players?

Dolphins and tigers?

Going to the tigers or dragons is a sure way to kill a career

The fact that there was not offers coming in from everywhere is a pretty good indication that potential is not always equal to the future.
Latu has obviously not impressed the coaching staff as was seen by him being stood down from training and games (in all grades) earlier in the year. Samuela on the other hand worked his arse off and impressed.
Seibold and co may have made a grave mistake in not jumping through Tartak's hoops, but time will tell.

Latu has obviously not impressed the coaching staff as was seen by him being stood down from training and games (in all grades) earlier in the year. Samuela on the other hand worked his arse off and impressed.
Seibold and co may have made a grave mistake in not jumping through Tartak's hoops, but time will tell.
He has been impressive in his last few Flegg & NSW Cup games - enough for Gould to start talking about him on Ch. Nine. Samuela was impressive in all ways, but was still dropped. We have lost a couple of gun players (IMO).

The way I look at it is, what has the club seen in Saab, Schuster, Olakau’atu & GCKT that they haven’t seen in Latu & Samuela?

What other factors are involved in the decision to let them look elsewhere?

Why were the Wests Tigers & Dolphins the only 2 clubs chasing them?

If they were only being chased by desperate clubs and not the glamour clubs is there more to the story than we know.
Is the family more trouble than they are worth?

I find it strange the Roosters didn’t start sniffing around when they are about to do a full rebuild knowing we gave them permission to look elsewhere, that says something to me.

Good luck to them.

Recruiting the Fainu family has been a complete disaster for Manly. Apart from Manases brief NRL stint, we have received nothing positive in return for contracting the other brothers. The family has been given an incredible degree of support by the club, which in the end has led nowhere.

Arguably, even the retaining of Manase and the moving on of Api has been one of the club's worst recruitment and retention decisions ever. Perhaps this call even cost us a premiership.

Goodbye and good riddance to them all. The Fainu circus has finally left the MWSE building.

Last edited:
Recruiting the Fainu family has been a complete disaster for Manly. Apart from Manases brief NRL stint, we have received nothing positive in return for contracting the other brothers. The family has been given an incredible degree of support by the club, which in the end has led nowhere.

Arguably, even the retaining of Manase and the moving on of Api has been one of the club's worst recruitment and retention decisions ever. Perhaps this call even cost us a premiership.

Goodbye and good riddance to them all. The Fainu circus has finally left the MWSE building.

Have to agree.

Nothing against the boys themselves,but no good has come from our previous balls deep association with this family.

Sad to see good talent leave, but maybe for the best long term.....for all parties.

Now there have left does that open the coffers for another big fish to recruit? (Outside that f Lodge, Brooks etc)?

Tino or Hass 🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8