Keppie told to leave, replaced by Tigers Alex Twal

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Speaking with a Brooky local on Friday, who has attended a few social events with some Manly players (all of whom will be at he club in 2024), he suggested that Keppie was not that popular with the playing group and won’t necessarily be missed. Not sure how accurate that is or who may have suggested it, but I have no reason to doubt
I don't blame his teammates- would you want to be mates with somebody who drops every third or fourth drink he shouts you?

Speaking with a Brooky local on Friday, who has attended a few social events with some Manly players (all of whom will be at he club in 2024), he suggested that Keppie was not that popular with the playing group and won’t necessarily be missed. Not sure how accurate that is or who may have suggested it, but I have no reason to doubt
Kinda a weird one coz he’s always been praised for the community work he does.

From Keppie's perspective , probably has been and no doubt indicated that he may be down on the pecking order in prop selection with Bully and Sipley "s quite impressive end of season form.
Certainly can go quite well in patches but guess that so can Tuilagi as well and just not the requirement or deemed requirement to get the forward pack to a better or consistent higher level .
Probably also no doubt need as much spare cap money as possible to help retain Haumole longer term and that present portion of the cap already designated for Shu and Alioia .
Some pretty tight cap margins , could be some scope to still bring in a handy type forward or middle player but then would probably be contingent on moving on the likes of Condon and Fulton .
Then there is the prospect of this Calebn Navale emerging player maybe not that far from being able to go to a better level .

He’s on his way. I think he’s developing into one of the more damaging frontrowers in the comp.
mmm...development finished for Paseka a couple of seasons ago, it's time he realizes just what he's capable of, 2024, it's make or break for Paseka.

mmm...development finished for Paseka a couple of seasons ago, it's time he realizes just what he's capable of, 2024, it's make or break for Paseka.
I think he proved this year he is more than capable and had a really good season prior to getting injured.
This year should be his benchmark moving forward but I think there is still plenty of more improvement to come.

I think he proved this year he is more than capable and had a really good season prior to getting injured.
This year should be his benchmark moving forward but I think there is still plenty of more improvement to come.
Agree, improvement rather than development tho.

From Keppie's perspective , probably has been and no doubt indicated that he may be down on the pecking order in prop selection with Bully and Sipley "s quite impressive end of season form.
Certainly can go quite well in patches but guess that so can Tuilagi as well and just not the requirement or deemed requirement to get the forward pack to a better or consistent higher level .
Probably also no doubt need as much spare cap money as possible to help retain Haumole longer term and that present portion of the cap already designated for Shu and Alioia .
Some pretty tight cap margins , could be some scope to still bring in a handy type forward or middle player but then would probably be contingent on moving on the likes of Condon and Fulton .
Then there is the prospect of this Calebn Navale emerging player maybe not that far from being able to go to a better level .
My Keppie Perspective is that he finished the season down on confidence
Keppie was a shadow of his big frame on the field

Miracles only happen when we start believe and so it is up to Demetriou to inspire belief in Keppie and when that happens we will all see a different Keppie in 2024 than the 23 version

We have seen many times a underperforming player leave a club that makes an impact to his new one compliments of his new coach that believed in him to have have signed him

@XV-1 I like Twal but he sure ain't worth $525K and don't blame them for not accepting the $100K freight discount
Twal worth $525K?

Oh My God Omg GIF

I will always have a soft spot in my heart for Keppie after that Wankfest Stadium demolition job of the worms following the passing of BF. I remember him personally taking it to Nathan Brown and co. I so wish he did that more often and more consistently.

I will always have a soft spot in my heart for Keppie after that Wankfest Stadium demolition job of the worms following the passing of BF. I remember him personally taking it to Nathan Brown and co. I so wish he did that more often and more consistently.
It will suck if the vermin find the key, got a uneasy feeling they will.

So considering we where so close from swapping Keppie for Twal, what was the plan going to be for Lodge if that eventuated? Now Keppie has gone to South’s, has that only now opened up a spot for Lodge?
Surly we must be in the hunt of one more $500k forward because the above just doesn’t make sense.

So considering we where so close from swapping Keppie for Twal, what was the plan going to be for Lodge if that eventuated? Now Keppie has gone to South’s, has that only now opened up a spot for Lodge?
Surly we must be in the hunt of one more $500k forward because the above just doesn’t make sense.
still trying to offload the lawman amongst others I thought. not sure what our count is . maybe another train and trial shifty coming up

• 👍
Reactions: Ben
I hope so… we need another solid forward in the ranks

There was a segment on channel 7 news tonight with Keppie and his charity Whatability which is the impressive part of his career.

He was asked about the move to Souths and he said his manager was looking after it but came across as resigned it was happening in the next few weeks. He didn’t come across as happy about it.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8