Keppie told to leave, replaced by Tigers Alex Twal

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
This is why I questioned Brooks

Not that he is not a good player but is he who we need when we are lacking quality forwards / depth
I think Brooks was a good buy , but it will depend on Shu and Aloiai both $600+ players and we need both to be fit and ready to play Rd1 , Aloiai had a bad year with injuries hopefully he can get back to his best , Shu would be on his last chance there would have to be something in his contract about minimum fitness levels and if he doesn't improve quickly next year I can't see him staying

Really think this is the ULTIMATE time for the "Shu" to show why he was regarded such a Star player that was in Huge demand only a season or 2 ago....it would be like 3 new players -

A fit Turbo - 1 of the Best in the game stull when Fit (and playing)
Spoke to him a while at the video shoot and seemed very confident all went well with the operation
Shu - who has been non existent (let's be honest)
Brooksy - Heck of a dangerman with the right surrounds

Actually pretty excited about next season, but a bit to wait yet

Brooks is not the issue on 600k.

Extending Schuster on 7-800k more of the concern.

That said, hopefully he can turn it around and prove he is worth it
I still cant believe we punted Foz who was on minimum wages for Schuster. Hopefully he will be embarrassed enough to get himself into first grade shape & earn his money.

Last edited:
Brooks is not the issue on 600k.

Extending Schuster on 7-800k more of the concern.

That said, hopefully he can turn it around and prove he is worth it
Schu has skills but the idea that he is going to grow into a champion half is as good a myth as I can remember…

He does not look like a half, he does not play like a half and he does not have a consistent enough impact on games to even be discussed as a “future champion”…

I too hope he improves but I have nothing but respect for Mestrov and co. for pulling the pin on the “Schu is our 6” project…
I have less respect for them re-signing him to a big contract but then I do not know the figures or terms of that contract so I will, for now, afford them the benefit of the doubt…

If Schu can improve his defence then he will make a great edge forward that presents an attacking option and I am actually excited to see what Brooks brings to the side…

God, as I hear myself saying that I am excited by Luke Brooks joining Manly I suddenly realise what Manly has become 😔

Paseka came on well this year.

No issue there
He did show massive improvement. But there is one issue with him, which also plagues our fullback: staying on the field. He's prone to picking up injuries and being in and out of the team as a result, which has hampered his progress.

Tent had a quite good 22 season in most of the games he played also .
Bit more improvement this season again which is certainly encouraging and can only auger well going forward and even though he has been a bit injury prone in past seasons , the severe type season ending injury he sustained against the Sharks [ 2nd match ] was correctly deemed as caused by an illegal tackle .
Once Lodge hopefully is available again A S A P , probably more suited for Tent to come of the bench and with Jake as the other starting prop .
Lodge and Jake not starting , then probably no alternative then to start with Tent and Sipley .
Can not discount this James Tiger recruit coming into calculations for a prop role and hope that the positive reports on Caleb Navale as a very capable and emerging 13 are on the money and he is not that far away from some higher level footy .
Certainly hard to pick potential directly translating into a capable i st grade level , just look at the outcomes so far with Tuitavake and Fifita . Sam Fainu was most likely well worth trying to retain but not on the money he was offered by the Tigers , lets hope again a much better outcome with Navale

Can not discount this James Tiger recruit coming into calculations for a prop role and hope that the positive reports on Caleb Navale as a very capable and emerging 13 are on the money and he is not that far away from some higher level footy .
Certainly hard to pick potential directly translating into a capable i st grade level , just look at the outcomes so far with Tuitavake and Fifita . Sam Fainu was most likely well worth trying to retain but not on the money he was offered by the Tigers , lets hope again a much better outcome with Navale
You make some good points Al.
Losing Keppie is a shame, but Aitasi James was described by the Mole as "tough" and "a boom young lock", and Manly needs a tough boom young lock. Caleb Navale is another tough boom young lock, we need one or both of these blokes to have a breakthrough season.

Sam Fainu leaving was surely more to do with the package deal with his brother, rather than just the value of his own deal. There's plenty of keen, young talent out there, so fingers crossed we can find one on a similar level to Sam.

You make some good points Al.
Losing Keppie is a shame, but Aitasi James was described by the Mole as "tough" and "a boom young lock", and Manly needs a tough boom young lock. Caleb Navale is another tough boom young lock, we need one or both of these blokes to have a breakthrough season.

Sam Fainu leaving was surely more to do with the package deal with his brother, rather than just the value of his own deal. There's plenty of keen, young talent out there, so fingers crossed we can find one on a similar level to Sam.
Zane Dunford is another young hard-nosed forward who impressed before his knee injury.

Can you share where you read that? Not that I don’t believe you but just to know if it’s from a reliable source.
See your point, why our fans are left in the dark on some players contracts but not on others? But did read a sports news article about Siebold/Manly offering Schuster a longer deal but on less money per season, but didn't report a figure.

See your point, why our fans are left in the dark on some players contracts but not on others? But did read a sports news article about Siebold/Manly offering Schuster a longer deal but on less money per season, but didn't report a figure.
Maybe, I imagine the figure has been publicly withheld because he was being beaten up in the media. I haven't heard too many coaches come out and publicly comment that a player took less to stay. It seemed calculated to me, i.e. controlling the media narrative. Then you've pretty much got every RL journo and website declaring he is on 800k a season. It's all pointing in the direction of that being the correct figure. I could be wrong but I think the club thought he would be sought after and offered him a serious deal, before the wheels fell off and other clubs passed on his asking price. We were the last club standing and he signed the deal, before telling the media that he took less to stay. Is it less than what other clubs were offering? I don't know that he got another offer from another club. Is it less than what is on this year? Maybe, but he might be on 835k this year and took a 25k a season pay cut. It doesn't tell us a lot. I'm not buying the 600k figure for a second.

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10