Kane Elgey retiring

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

frank stokes

I discriminate indiscriminately
Reported in the rumoured signings thread... but surely not...

I know he hasn't taken full advantage of his opportunity with us but the kid is only 25 and has shown good potential at times... there have been much worse players rescue their careers in Super League and I would think he is even an attractive back-up option in the NRL considering the fact that he is not injury prone and is not going to demand a large chunk of the salary cap...

Have I missed something?

Reported in the rumoured signings thread... but surely not...

I know he hasn't taken full advantage of his opportunity with us but the kid is only 25 and has shown good potential at times... there have been much worse players rescue their careers in Super League and I would think he is even an attractive back-up option in the NRL considering the fact that he is not injury prone and is not going to demand a large chunk of the salary cap...

Have I missed something?
LG must have other alternatives that he prefers as it was his own choice not to continue in league

Good luck to him :inlove:

Thanks Kane and good luck with your future endeavours.

672A7684-137E-4970-95D7-6A96A0B45E2D.jpeg

Was he the last great TB signing before Des got hold of the reins ??

He’s announced it on InstaTwitFace, retiring and moving home to Queensland.

Feel sorry for the kid but sadly not everyone makes it in the game.

And I’m guessing that free’s up a bit more cash in the cap to help keep the up and comers.

Kane is following his passion and I wish Good luck to Kane and his partner on their new Journey in Life

Talented player was Kane but in the end it seems he did not have the desire and passion to take his game to the next level .

Wasn't good enough and shouldn't have been signed here in the first place

Good luck to him though
He was good enough for first grade. That's why Des gave him the first shot at the spot. It was only gonna be a question of whether those skills end up on show consistently enough for us. His defence stepped up big time but sadly, he just couldn't handle the pressure week in, week out in the NRL.

As I have said many times before it is an incredibly hard game (both physical and mental) to play. Most who try play would kill to have the sort of career Kane had...and even more would struggle to have the courage to give it all away like he has

From our top 30 squad we now have at least 3 departures in Api, Elegy, Hodko.

Still a few question marks around some others eg Perrett but I hope these along with the additional cap available next season (from Turds cap penalties) allow the retention of our key players.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 4 4 -60 8