Risky NRL training cultures

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Often went without.. but I chose to do it.. I could have stopped and so could these players..before even getting to NRL level

If you watch that link you will see a student say the exact same thing.. "no water".. and then the instructor says that's when the mind needs to be strong. SHIHAN Fitkin is 78

Man it looks insane, but yeah each to his own. I guess I appreciate why people want to test themselves, but I go more for mental
challenges eg memorising Shakespeare

Is it a club issue or an individual issue? Who decided to deny water? If an individual running a training session who decided to deny water is it a club's fault.
Anyway Chez might remember. He was probably there.

People here are aware we lost a young man to heatstroke not long ago???

How the fk could we minimise a similar complaint?

If anything, it starting to look like a pattern from the club.
I still often think about that kid. Very, very sad.

Wasn't this the case where they subsequently found out his regular body temperature was something like 0.5 of a degree higher than normal. I seem to remember he had to sit out a game, I think in Queensland, because they were playing in very high temperature. So once the club found out about his issues they protected him. Still not right to deny anyone water though.

Fatalities are always avoidable in retrospect
Agree Pete W

And that is why we have risk assessments to try and tease out possible scenarios before the fact
Unfortunately, many times we reverse engineer these assessments to land on the spot we desire to accept

I can see both sides of the argument so I do get why the lawsuits are happening. Especially if someone was denied water in the heat of summer. A situation that as we know, almost killed Lloyd Perrett.

But at the same time part of me likens it to signing up for something like "I'm a Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here" and then suing Ch.10 for having to sleep on a cot in the South African jungle for a week or two. You know what you're signing up for and what happens on the show, but you'll sue anyway because it was harder than you thought it would be.

Someone said it earlier in this thread and it rings true. The everyone gets a trophy generation are now grown adults finding out that life isn't always fair.

Pretty sure the Manly coaching staff or trainers at some stage had designed a specific management plan mainly involving ice packs to regulate Perrett "s body temperature during games or even possibly training
Maybe could have been some type of an inherent medical issue for him at the time or depending on climatic conditions or whatever .
Looks like a bit of an open or generally disputed case with the Bulldogs player "s complaint but the 4 mill or so damages claim seems well over the top

I can see both sides of the argument so I do get why the lawsuits are happening. Especially if someone was denied water in the heat of summer. A situation that as we know, almost killed Lloyd Perrett.

But at the same time part of me likens it to signing up for something like "I'm a Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here" and then suing Ch.10 for having to sleep on a cot in the South African jungle for a week or two. You know what you're signing up for and what happens on the show, but you'll sue anyway because it was harder than you thought it would be.

Someone said it earlier in this thread and it rings true. The everyone gets a trophy generation are now grown adults finding out that life isn't always fair.
I guess there is a difference between hard and what people perceive to be fair.

A gym session / hard field session are given but "punishments" are on shaky ground

It's amazing how many people are telling the players to just harden the f up in this thread despite us just recently coming out of the inquest into Keith Titmuss' death.

It's amazing how many people are telling the players to just harden the f up in this thread despite us just recently coming out of the inquest into Keith Titmuss' death.
As far as I'm aware there have been no charges laid in relation to negligence and his very tragic death??? I could be wrong on that count.

As far as I'm aware there have been no charges laid in relation to negligence and his very tragic death??? I could be wrong on that count.
Coroners findings haven't been handed down yet, I think it's listed again tomorrow.
I don't think anyone's expecting charges to be recommended, but the findings might include some criticism of the club (based on some of the reported evidence) though hopefully not.

It doesnt matter about charges, are we saying Keith wasn't hard enough? Or that he made the choice to push himself physically and obviously since he knew death was a possibilty /s, it's his choice its all ok?

Re Keith - Coroner's findings were handed down today
A Heart Breaking picture
and the moral of the Heart Breaking story is that Life is an ever ending Lesson for all of us .

Manly boss Tony Mestrov said it had been an incredibly difficult period for everyone, but particularly the family.
He said the club intends to take up the recommendations.
"This can't happen again in the game, we all understand that," he said.
"And we don't want it to happen under Manly's watch ever again."

People that we love are never lost in our Hearts
1714703348191.png

Get ready for the family to sue and rightly so.
That it could happen again after Perret was unforgivable.
Perspective time ...
Since 1947 and 77 years later and over a thousands players that wore and trained in our Legendary clubs colors we have 2 very unfortunate cases
All clubs have the same hard pre season summer intense training sessions
And it can be said that those two very unfortunate cases could have been the cases of other clubs
No one knows a persons DNA breaking point . All clubs Push players to their limits to build their resilience
No Excuses we are liable as this Unfortunately happened in our watch but we are not Unforgivable

Perspective time ...
Since 1947 and 77 years later and over a thousands players that wore and trained in our Legendary clubs colors we have 2 very unfortunate cases
All clubs have the same hard pre season summer intense training sessions
And it can be said that those two very unfortunate cases could have been the cases of other clubs
No one knows a persons DNA breaking point . All clubs Push players to their limits to build their resilience
No Excuses we are liable as this Unfortunately happened in our watch but we are not Unforgivable

BOZO

Two very similar cases within 3 years is damming against Manly, plain and simple.
Yet there were no procedures or process around heat stroke implemented.

Keith was measured by the coaching staff as the most unfit player in the club at pre season training, so they knew his breaking point could be sooner than any other player.

BOZO

Two very similar cases within 3 years is damming against Manly, plain and simple.
Yet there were no procedures or process around heat stroke implemented.

Keith was measured by the coaching staff as the most unfit player in the club at pre season training, so they knew his breaking point could be sooner than any other player.
2 very unfortunate cases in 77 years not three years
No Excuses we accept but its 77 years

From all Reports , Keith was a lovable Manly guy and every one at Manly loved him including the coaching staff

No one knows a persons DNA breaking point .
NO one !
Not even a Doctor that gives an all good health clearance to his patient and his patient has a heart attack on the way home

Every one is hurting here , The family the fans and the club
Not need to rub it in when we re all hurting feathered friend @XV-1

2 very unfortunate cases in 77 years not three years
No Excuses we accept but its 77 years

From all Reports , Keith was a lovable Manly guy and every one at Manly loved him including the coaching staff

No one knows a persons DNA breaking point .
NO one !
Not even a Doctor that gives an all good health clearance to his patient and his patient has a heart attack on the way home

Every one is hurting here , The family the fans and the club
Not need to rub it in when we re all hurting feathered friend @XV-1

2017 and 2020 is 3 years.

Don't insult people by saying 77 years.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14