James Roberts

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Don't think we can compete with Brisbanes endless salary cap. The team looks great but we need depth. I'd like to get Ethan Lowe, Aidan Guerra and William Hopoate.

Played a bit of fullback.
Not that i want to sign roberts.. but i still believe that roberts best position is fullback. His speed in the middle around tired forewards with change of angles could be lethal. Would be a much better player with more ball than he gets watching the grass grow on the flanks for the showponies

Don't think we can compete with Brisbanes endless salary cap. The team looks great but we need depth. I'd like to get Ethan Lowe, Aidan Guerra and William Hopoate.

I would rather get Gutherson back than Hopoate, as he can provide good cover at five-eight and fullback. Which I think we will need next year more so than a winger/centre. Ethan Lowe could fit in ok but I dont see a spot for Guerra. Cordner in 2019 would be fantastic though, so perhaps Luke Lewis for 2018 isnt such a silly idea either.

Sad story. But Gutho was always destined for great things. That train has sailed though. A knee reco and a former coach that knew what he was capable of made him a swap/freed up room for Dylan Walker and Martin Tapaou last year.

If Will Hopoate takes and of this years starting side's place I will walk away. The kid had it all but wouldn't get a star in my 17.

Sad story. But Gutho was always destined for great things. That train has sailed though. A knee reco and a former coach that knew what he was capable of made him a swap/freed up room for Dylan Walker and Martin Tapaou last year.

If Will Hopoate takes and of this years starting side's place I will walk away. The kid had it all but wouldn't get a star in my 17.

Any and start. It's a long eeekend here

I know you're right mate. BUT the Hayne "Train/Plane" rumour back to the Eels isn't going away quietly. If the stars align and Gutherson is moved on, we would probably need to look quite seriously at releasing Brown to the ESL, and picking up Gutherson again.

I am not saying its going to happen, or even that there is much chance of it happening. If it does though I would be more than pleased with the result.

Agree with your second point.

I know you're right mate. BUT the Hayne "Train/Plane" rumour back to the Eels isn't going away quietly. If the stars align and Gutherson is moved on, we would probably need to look quite seriously at releasing Brown to the ESL, and picking up Gutherson again.

I am not saying its going to happen, or even that there is much chance of it happening. If it does though I would be more than pleased with the result.

Agree with your second point.

I'd love that, could see Gutho as Green's long term replacement (Green has been awesome too btw). I can't see room for Gutho at Eels with French, Hayne at fb and the Moses joining Norman in the halves. We should take him back but if not he would make a good home at the back for the Tigers (and would rip it up there).

I'd love that, could see Gutho as Green's long term replacement (Green has been awesome too btw). I can't see room for Gutho at Eels with French, Hayne at fb and the Moses joining Norman in the halves. We should take him back but if not he would make a good home at the back for the Tigers (and would rip it up there).
Gutherson isn't a 5/8! His defence is that bad! Hastings will fill the 6 role long term. Gutho won't come back as we have no spots on offer. He will stay at eels or go to tigers.

I'd take his cousin Tyrone in a heartbeat. Now there is an underrated player. Can play 1,6,7 and 9 and play them all very well. When it comes to value for money, a player like Tyrone would be an astute pick up by any club.

I never realised they were cousins and I initially thought you might have been joking, but it turns out James has quite a pedigree...

Roberts is the nephew of former player Amos Roberts, the cousin of Gold Coast Titans players Tyrone Roberts, Tyrone Roberts-Davis and Hull Kingston Rovers player Albert Kelly,[4] Anthony Mundine[5] and South Sydney Rabbitohs player Greg Inglis.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Roberts_(rugby_league)

Everyone in our backline seems as though they are either young, or looks as though they have super constitution / longetivity.

With Hastings, Schlaimankel and The Wrights as depth I really don't see any changes are necessary.

After only playing 10 odd games together look at the chemistry building. Walker and Uate are so exciting and amazing.

Everyone in our backline seems as though they are either young, or looks as though they have super constitution / longetivity.

With Hastings, Schlaimankel and The Wrights as depth I really don't see any changes are necessary.

After only playing 10 odd games together look at the chemistry building. Walker and Uate are so exciting and amazing.
Do we still have Schlaimankel on the books ?

Roberts gets up limping every time he is tackled

It was bad enough over the past 3-4 years cringing every time Snake got tackled and hoping he would get up without limping. And that was at the back end of his career. Roberts still has about 10 years of that to give fans :sweating:

Roberts has speed (I think he's the fastest in the game over 40, but not over the full distance), but his defence sucks. Its only because he usually has Matt Gillett or Third Man inside of him that his lack of quality defence doesn't get exposed.

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10