James Roberts

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
# 1. The Swans no dickhed policy is a myth. More to do with media cover ups.

#2. So long as when they are on the field in a Manly jersey they deliver, I couldn't care less what sort of a dickhead they are in the rest of their lives. Winning a grand final gets bigger headlines anyway.

Would love him but who does he replace? Everyone is playing amazing. He will stay and be Waynes nipple monkey with some paper bags.

Last edited:
Why would you spend $ on him? Sure st this stage he is better than Kelly but with a salary cap not sure how you could fit him in...and he does appear to have some off field behaviour issues

I'd take him in a heart beat. Imagine the attacking prowess of Walker and Roberts on each edge. I can't see Roberts leaving Bennett though...no one leaves Bennett unless and he wants you to leave.

#2. So long as when they are on the field in a Manly jersey they deliver, I couldn't care less what sort of a dickhead they are in the rest of their lives. Winning a grand final gets bigger headlines anyway.
I big disagree on this point. We need people we can admire and respect to do the job for Manly. Most players (and most people) stuff up at some time, it is always a question of degree and a question of recidivism.
We have at least one player with a significant blemish in his past (AFB) but he is not a recidivist, but the Broncos player certainly is.

I like Meninga's moves to improve the image of the Kangaroo jumper by being stricter about standards of off-field behaviour.

I like Meninga's moves to improve the image of the Kangaroo jumper by being stricter about standards of off-field behaviour.

Easy to say when picking an Oz side because you could pick any number of players to do the job. As soon as it goes pear shaped they change their tune and pick whoever serves them best.

I big disagree on this point. We need people we can admire and respect to do the job for Manly. Most players (and most people) stuff up at some time, it is always a question of degree and a question of recidivism.
We have at least one player with a significant blemish in his past (AFB) but he is not a recidivist, but the Broncos player certainly is.

Well put SER8.

In case anyone is wondering ; A recidivist is someone that habitually reoffends.

Recidivist.

Hotel.

Trivago.

Not sure why Roberts would even be considered at this point....if Kelly was a bust I would get it...fact is - the kid in his FIRST season is playing like a seasoned quality centre...
In fact , though Roberts has amazing flashes of brilliance based purely from his speed- I think Kelly has been clearly the more consistent and solid player if judging them both.
Pass on this bloke - let him play 5 minutes of flash footy every 3 games at another club....not a Manly type player imo....Kelly is.

If this is just Weidler speculation, then I treat it with a grain of salt. I can't consider if we'd want him or not because the chances of it happening imo are so remote.

I suspect we wont need anyone else for our backline for a while. Perhaps the wing because Uate will be 30 this year (Taufua surprisingly is still only 25). But with Parker, Tom Wright, Cullen and Hastings, we have pretty decent cover for our backline positions. If Roberts came, I would only have him for a winger. The Walker-Kelly combination looks a winner to me for the next seven or eight years if they can keep them

If this is just Weidler speculation, then I treat it with a grain of salt. I can't consider if we'd want him or not because the chances of it happening imo are so remote.

When was Weidler right with anything? Maybe he floats around player managers getting kickbacks to set up stories so that the players get upgraded contracts?

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8