Jade Anderson

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Anderson, Olakauatu, Kioa, Cust and Metcalf have only joined the FG squad since Des arrived.

Croker and Suli played FG before they came to us.

Tom Turbo & Parker played FG with us before Barrett arrived.

Funa was the only one that joined our top 30 under Barrett and he didn't debut. Can't recall he even trained with the FG squad.
Tom Turbo is a supremely gifted footballer who would have progressed under anybody... played his best representative football under Fittler... killed it in the juniors and killing it today. The real question here is- how much more would he have developed under a seasoned coach with a proven track record? We’ll never know, but my guess is that at the very least, his positional play and defence would be significantly better than it is right now.

When considering Tom Turbo's development ... it should be remembered that in 2015 when he debuted .. Snake, and Matai still had 3 seasons ('15 to '17) left on contract and Lyon 2 seasons left ('15 to '16 ) .... The likihood is that Tom would have played at least '15/16 on the wing and then centre '17 and finally fullback in '18 ....

Alas injuries to these 3 legends meant that Tom was playing at fullback earlier than expected but significantly missed out on the priceless benefit of, and learning from, and playing with 3 of the best backs Manly has ever had .....

... notably .. instead of being the work place kid ... he was thrown into the role of major star too early ... but he survived, prospered .. and will continue to shine ...

Young men who under the past 3 years of Barrett have either debuted or progressed from u/20s to being named in the top 30 or development squad and likely to play first grade this year ....

Fainu
Funa
Anderson
Olakauatu
Kioa
Parker
Suli
Cust
Metcalf
Croker
Tom Turbo

Players who wimped out and asked to be released to Rugby ....

Tom Wright
He's back..... hello Woodsie.....

Fainu - few runs under TB due to necessity more than want. Massive talent in own right.

Funa - not on TB's radar- plying his trade in the reserves.

Anderson - never got a chance under TB.

Olakauatu - again what did TB do for this kid?

Kioa - can't comment really

Parker - superstar in making. A TB favourite. Hahaha

Suli - another crowd favourite here on silvertails. Huge potential crafted at other clubs. Played overweight under TB.

Cust - junior that probably had little to do with TB.

Metcalf - signed from sharks junior system. TB had huge influence on career....

Croker - yeah n.a.....

Tom Turbo - your having a laugh. If anything TB stunted this kids progression. Was a coming superstar before TB and will now fulfill his potential that was hampered under our last Coach.

So I guess your right Woodsie. Your Buddy Boy did have a huge effect on all these juniors....

Fainu - few runs under TB due to necessity more than want. Massive talent in own right.

Suli - another crowd favourite here on silvertails. Huge potential crafted at other clubs. Played overweight under TB.

Croker - yeah n.a.....

Tom Turbo - your having a laugh. If anything TB stunted this kids progression. Was a coming superstar before TB and will now fulfill his potential that was hampered under our last Coach.

So I guess your right Woodsie. Your Buddy Boy did have a huge effect on all these juniors....

Im no TB fanboy and am pleased to have Des back, but some of these comments are outlandish!
What, did you expect all these guys to play first grade last year? How do you measure what influence a coach has on some of these younger guys!?

Angie Dickinson was a 70s sex symbol.

be26cc773eb7471ea0476d643ca60a35.jpg
Not bad for a 70 year old

Im no TB fanboy and am pleased to have Des back, but some of these comments are outlandish!
What, did you expect all these guys to play first grade last year? How do you measure what influence a coach has on some of these younger guys!?
What an outlandish accusation to label some of my comments outlandish... OMG.....

Ok let me put my handbag down now and debate on a slightly less hysterical manner.

Did i expect that list of players to all play FG? No... i didnt come up with the list..

My original point which you may have missed was that I believe anderson may do well now that he has a proven coach and back room team around to help him. Apparently I then had the audacity to mention Tom Wright and TB.

I'm pretty sure history will reflect on the tenure of Mr TB as a well rounded failure so I probably need say no more in case I offend any of the 4 members of his Fan boy club on here.

What an outlandish accusation to label some of my comments outlandish... OMG.....

Ok let me put my handbag down now and debate on a slightly less hysterical manner.

Did i expect that list of players to all play FG? No... i didnt come up with the list..

My original point which you may have missed was that I believe anderson may do well now that he has a proven coach and back room team around to help him. Apparently I then had the audacity to mention Tom Wright and TB.

I'm pretty sure history will reflect on the tenure of Mr TB as a well rounded failure so I probably need say no more in case I offend any of the 4 members of his Fan boy club on here.

No you didn't come up with the list but your comments against that list are irrelevant. Keep forgetting we have/had a pretty young list and are in a rebuilding phase.. We will have our struggles again this year and if we make it in the 8 that would be a great result. Hypotheticals of what if x player had x coach at x time mean nothing.. its like comparing players from different era's - wombat or snake for best fullback? Who bloody knows..

No you didn't come up with the list but your comments against that list are irrelevant. Keep forgetting we have/had a pretty young list and are in a rebuilding phase.. We will have our struggles again this year and if we make it in the 8 that would be a great result. Hypotheticals of what if x player had x coach at x time mean nothing.. its like comparing players from different era's - wombat or snake for best fullback? Who bloody knows..
In case you missed the memo that's what places like this forum are for. Hypotheticals and opinion. How can you say my comments are Irrelevant? oh, that's right this place is full of personal opinion. Just as Irrelevant as my comments may be to you, your comment or comments are most likely just as irrelevant to me. And this is what makes a forum of personal opinions so much fun.....

and on that note if i have to hear the words 'rebuilding phase' once more! of course, after a decade of dominance, there will need to be a rebuild but the last 3 years have been poor ( yes even 2017 ). This side has Two Turbos, current Australian half, had Walker who is a good player if not an idiot, Marty, Afb, Api who is on the cusp of rep footy. That's a good enough spine to have done better but in the end the team as a whole was let down by the people at the top....

Last edited:

Croker - yeah n.a.....

You seem to either lack the wit .... or have a talent for pretending you miss the point .... so I will help you ... (please pretend I am speaking slowly) ...

The point is ... all those players, like Tom Wright, were 17/18 years old when Barrett came to Manly, all their careers have progressed to the point were they are now on the verge of first grade success .. the most young players to advance to first grade selection in Manly's history ...

But that's ok ... you keep up the balderdash that Barrett had a detrimental effect on young peoples careers in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary .....

You seem to either lack the wit .... or have a talent for pretending you miss the point .... so I will help you ... (please pretend I am speaking slowly) ...

The point is ... all those players, like Tom Wright, were 17/18 years old when Barrett came to Manly, all their careers have progressed to the point were they are now on the verge of first grade success .. the most young players to advance to first grade selection in Manly's history ...

But that's ok ... you keep up the balderdash that Barrett had a detrimental effect on young peoples careers in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary .....
I love this.... I've been waiting patiently....

Once again the only thing you can do is to patronize and type like you are someone above the normal man that everyone else needs to listen to. I wonder if its just from behind your golden keyboard that you converse in such a way or have you spent most of your long life throwing windmills down at your local after speaking down and using insulting language to real people face to face? If i had to guess I would lean to the side of ' woodsie the keyboard warrior'.....

Anyway, I'm good for a 'virtual keyboard throw down' if you require such.

Let me just explain that while I don't agree with your points on TB which is partly what a discussion forum is for. I do take offense to your small man need to belittle others on this forum.

I'm going to type really slowly for you Woodsie so stay with me if you can.:rofl:

The last 3 years under your Baby Barrett has been diabolical. This, in the end, is why he was sidelined by the owner and may never get another FG coaching job in the NRL. Why the owner went back to DES and why we almost got the spoon last year.

He did a wonderful job bringing on local Juniors. Sticking with players like poo Brown, Matt Wright and others while refusing to play guys like Tom Wright even on the wing when there was no one else.

While I'm typing slowly for you let's look at his history. Please feel free to disagree with fact which has never got in the way of a good Woodsie yarn....

2014 he guided the NYC panthers side loaded with current NRL stars to Diddly Squat. Nothing. Failure. This was the same side that made the NYC big dance in 2013 , 2015 and 2016... wonder what happened in 2014?

After a 3 year rebuild, he almost took us to the Spoon for the first time in our proud history....

He's now gone and will forever be remembered as a joke. End of.

Now I must stop here as this thread is actually about young Anderson and I stand by my original point many posts ago that he may kick on now that he has a real coach in his corner.

Last edited:
Barrett's influence on the u20's team?
Ok look at the team from one of Barrett's years
1. Jayden El-Jalkh 2. Mitch Thomas 3. Jesse Ramien 4. Brad Parker 5. Harlan Collins 6.Nicholas Hynes 7. Cade Cust 8. Elia Faatui 9. Heath Garay 10. Darcy Cox 11. Billy Bainbridge 12. Lucas Price 13. John Walker
Interchange: 14. Jon Bernard KairMorrison
Joshua Martin 16. Moses Noovao-McGreal 17.John Tuivaii 21. Hutana Coffin 19. Jake Morrison

Not too many first graders in the team list lol.

Barrett's influence on the u20's team?
Ok look at the team from one of Barrett's years
1. Jayden El-Jalkh 2. Mitch Thomas 3. Jesse Ramien 4. Brad Parker 5. Harlan Collins 6.Nicholas Hynes 7. Cade Cust 8. Elia Faatui 9. Heath Garay 10. Darcy Cox 11. Billy Bainbridge 12. Lucas Price 13. John Walker
Interchange: 14. Jon Bernard KairMorrison
Joshua Martin 16. Moses Noovao-McGreal 17.John Tuivaii 21. Hutana Coffin 19. Jake Morrison

Not too many first graders in the team list lol.
Yes, true, but that is one weak group. I'm not a fan of TB but that was a bad group. Maybe we had no money for that time?

I love this.... I've been waiting patiently....

Once again the only thing you can do is to patronize and type like you are someone above the normal man that everyone else needs to listen to. I wonder if its just from behind your golden keyboard that you converse in such a way or have you spent most of your long life throwing windmills down at your local after speaking down and using insulting language to real people face to face? If i had to guess I would lean to the side of ' woodsie the keyboard warrior'.....

Anyway, I'm good for a 'virtual keyboard throw down' if you require such.

Let me just explain that while I don't agree with your points on TB which is partly what a discussion forum is for. I do take offense to your small man need to belittle others on this forum.

I'm going to type really slowly for you Woodsie so stay with me if you can.:rofl:

The last 3 years under your Baby Barrett has been diabolical. This, in the end, is why he was sidelined by the owner and may never get another FG coaching job in the NRL. Why the owner went back to DES and why we almost got the spoon last year.

He did a wonderful job bringing on local Juniors. Sticking with players like poo Brown, Matt Wright and others while refusing to play guys like Tom Wright even on the wing when there was no one else.

While I'm typing slowly for you let's look at his history. Please feel free to disagree with fact which has never got in the way of a good Woodsie yarn....

2014 he guided the NYC panthers side loaded with current NRL stars to Diddly Squat. Nothing. Failure. This was the same side that made the NYC big dance in 2013 , 2015 and 2016... wonder what happened in 2014?

After a 3 year rebuild, he almost took us to the Spoon for the first time in our proud history....

He's now gone and will forever be remembered as a joke. End of.

Now I must stop here as this thread is actually about young Anderson and I stand by my original point many posts ago that he may kick on now that he has a real coach in his corner.

Thanks for all that precious ..... it so often amazes me that when your arguement has been effectively debunked your go to response is to start to cry and winge about the big nasty man .. and then go on to do exactly what you are crying about ..

And here is the thing ... your attitude is demeaning and insulting to Anderson and all the other 9 or10 young players in the squad ... ... to suggest they are where they are solely due to a coach is asinine .... they are where they are due to hard work, persistence and talent .. they have earned their opportunities this year by their own efforts ....

Whilst you may think Anderson was ready to play FG last year ..... the majority of views I have read on this site (and I agree with from my own observations) was that whilst he is undoubtably talented he was too small and would benefit from a further years growth ... I would suggest this was why he has been on a development conrtact rather than your assertion that it was somehow poor coaching ....

Either way ... Anderson has had the goods ... he has accepted his development path, trained hard, been persistent, and taken his trial opportunity .... he has the grit ... What he didn't do is wimp out and ask to go to rugby to smell the roses ... . And when he does eventually play FG , if ever, it will be because of what he did ... not because of either Baz or Des ....

Addo carr is one of the best wingers in the country, he is only a couple of cms and 3 kg bigger than anderson was last year, no doubt anderson has bulked up in the last 12 months.

#FactCheck.

Can't believe Barrett has left Anderson out of the 29 and brought in Croker

hmmm seems there is no feedback that your post has gone through, just stays the same

Last edited:
Addo carr is one of the best wingers in the country, he is only a couple of cms and 3 kg bigger than anderson was last year, no doubt anderson has bulked up in the last 12 months.

#FactCheck.

and Geoff Toovey was 4' 6" .... but I wouldn't say everybody that is 4' 6" is as good as a Geoff Toovey ....

The extra year has not harmed Anderson and may well be the making of him ...

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11