Jade Anderson

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Didn't watch the game though saw his chip kick for the last try. Guess its good that he has those skills to setup an outside man, though ideally we want/need him as a winger who can finish a try as that's what were severely lacking!

Yeah I think he looks the goods. We have wingers galore at the moment. We are lacking centres though. You could put Anderson or Miski onto a wing if you had decent centres but at this point you probably need as much experience in the backline as possible given that Suli and Parker seem to be the only centres we have at this point. Which is ****ed.

The two guys that excited me the most out of our champion 20s team a few years ago were Tom Wright and this guy.. We know what happened with Tom, can Jade be the one to kick on?
Like Wright, there's no doubting his ability, its the application to defence and staying switched on that needs to be harnessed.

The two guys that excited me the most out of our champion 20s team a few years ago were Tom Wright and this guy.. We know what happened with Tom, can Jade be the one to kick on?
Like Wright, there's no doubting his ability, its the application to defence and staying switched on that needs to be harnessed.
Difference being Jade now has a coach and structure around him that my be of help to a young developing player. Tom for all his ability didn't have that. He had TB.
With our depleted stocks this year it's a shame Wright's still not here for just one more season to see if Des could have given this kid a chance.

I prefer Jade’s grandma Pepper Anderson.

And if you don’t know who she is, you’ve missed out.

Angie Dickinson was a 70s sex symbol.

be26cc773eb7471ea0476d643ca60a35.jpg

Difference being Jade now has a coach and structure around him that my be of help to a young developing player. Tom for all his ability didn't have that. He had TB.
With our depleted stocks this year it's a shame Wright's still not here for just one more season to see if Des could have given this kid a chance.

Young men who under the past 3 years of Barrett have either debuted or progressed from u/20s to being named in the top 30 or development squad and likely to play first grade this year ....

Fainu
Funa
Anderson
Olakauatu
Kioa
Parker
Suli
Cust
Metcalf
Croker
Tom Turbo

Players who wimped out and asked to be released to Rugby ....

Tom Wright

Young men who under the past 3 years of Barrett have either debuted or progressed from u/20s to being named in the top 30 or development squad and likely to play first grade this year ....

Fainu
Funa
Anderson
Olakauatu
Kioa
Parker
Suli
Cust
Metcalf
Croker
Tom Turbo

Players who wimped out and asked to be released to Rugby ....

Tom Wright

Tom Wright actually scored his first Super 15 try for the Brumbies at the weekend !:wait:

Fainu
Funa
Anderson
Olakauatu
Kioa
Parker
Suli
Cust
Metcalf
Croker
Tom Turbo

Anderson, Olakauatu, Kioa, Cust and Metcalf have only joined the FG squad since Des arrived.

Croker and Suli played FG before they came to us.

Tom Turbo & Parker played FG with us before Barrett arrived.

Funa was the only one that joined our top 30 under Barrett and he didn't debut. Can't recall he even trained with the FG squad.

Anderson, Olakauatu, Kioa, Cust and Metcalf have only joined the FG squad since Des arrived.

Croker and Suli played FG before they came to us.

Tom Turbo & Parker played FG with us before Barrett arrived.

Funa was the only one that joined our top 30 under Barrett and he didn't debut. Can't recall he even trained with the FG squad.

If you go back and re-read the two relevant posts ... the inference was that Barrett in some way, (magical or imagined) ... hindered the development of young players .... namely Wright ....

I was simply pointing out the fact that we currently have more young players from our juniors that have progressed to first grade level that at any other time in Manly's history .....

But to respond to yours ....yes, Anderson, Olakauatu, Kioa Cust and Metcalf only made top squad this year ... but the years to get to that level were under Barrett ... and that is the point ... he didn't appear to hinder their careers ..

Croker and Suli did debut elsewhere but faltered ... and again. young blokes who's careers were not magically hindered by Barrett ... but in fact re-established ..

and again ... Tom Turbo and Parker .. Turbo debuted 2015 but the past 3 years have seen him gain the highest rep honours ... Parker did debut at 19 yo under Barrett and again is not a case of his FG chances being hindered ...

Funa and Fainu both progressed to the top 30 under Barrett tutelage ... again no hinderance of their careers ....

So to suggest that Tom Wright was somehow a world beater that would have been a contender except for Barrett is a long long stretch ... but had he stayed, he was contracted, and would have been in the top 30 ... and the opportunities would still have been his ...

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 4 4 -60 8