It was Des all along coaching thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Who do you think will be coaching us next year?

• Total voters
Oh yes that was entertainment plus.

I made a religious comment ( throw away line) then went fishing for the day only to come back to an absolute ****fight that was going on about religion.

It was a classic brew ha ha about not much but funny as buggery!!
What I’ve found amusing is how several people complained so passionately about religion being discussed on here... before blowing wind on the coals of the argument again when it has all but burnt out.

I’m different mate I appreciate football talent for what it is.

Daley was a star in his day.

Slater was a superstar ( sadly also a Grub).

Lots of wonderful players in our game, you can’t not appreciate say a , Latrell Mitchell or a RTS , they are very very skilled.

But the one thing about social media is everyone has an opinion, some different to yours.

It’s why I try never to get in a fight with someone on here just because they have a different opinion.

When they start calling me names , we’ll thats different!
Strike three... back to the dug out you go gentleman... may I suggest using a thicker bat.

Last edited:
Im really hoping Dez now. the more I think about it, the more i think it will work. Reasons being;

1. Was in a similar situation with the post Northern eagles and turned it around with a lesser squad.
2. Has worked in same facilities before and won 2 grand finals.
3. Is a great coach, innovator and thinker and a great defensive coach. Even when dogs were losing they were only losing buy close games, never 40+ floggings. They just had no spark in attack because they had no exciting players. Current Manly squad has plenty!
4. Can turn crap players into solid players. Glen Stewert and Matai were average before Dez coached them. Hopefully can do same with Manly's young inexperienced squad
5. Ex Manly player
6. Will build a good roster and support staff.
7. Has a 58% winning percentage
I for one... will be purchasing, two memberships if they announce Sir Desmond.

I for one... will be purchasing, two memberships if they announce Sir Desmond.
Funny you should say that. Having seen the rumours on here I casually asked my partner today if we could get memberships next year if Tooves or Dessie was coach.
Confident there'd be no chance, she answered with an enthusiastic yes!
Fingers crossed.

Funny you should say that. Having seen the rumours on here I casually asked my partner today if we could get memberships next year if Tooves or Dessie was coach.
Confident there'd be no chance, she answered with an enthusiastic yes!
Fingers crossed.
We can give each other knowing smiles Budgie... as our wives complain about the splinters they’re getting g in their arses.

I just hope in his year off ha$ler has reinvented his playing style some what as the game was starting to pass him by ...

Im dreaming but an apology would be nice aswell if he really is coming back

I see him as our only saviour at the moment

I just hope in his year off ha$ler has reinvented his playing style some what as the game was starting to pass him by ...

Im dreaming but an apology would be nice aswell if he really is coming back

I see him as our only saviour at the moment
The game isn’t very different to when Des last made a GF in 2014... has the game passed by Maguire also? There are many factors as to why a team can miss out on playing finals... Hasler has only ever missed the finals in two of his years as a head coach, made five GF and won two. He experienced a dip with the squad he had at the Dogs in his last two seasons... happens all the time.

Last edited:
End of 2011 many were that pi**ed off as Hasler went from a hero to an enemy instantly....
Death rode those Dogs with him at the helm and claimed I would never forgive him for the way he left....
Well I must confess to still not happy about that situation....but personally, I think there would be no better person to steer this sinking ship back into the resilient, tough, competitive side the Manly fans here expect.
I have questioned my own dignity to a point, but my loyalty to Manly is bigger than that shocking situation from 7 years ago and if Hasler comes back and brings the fight back to this footy side.....will be a happy fan.
Maybe seems a long shot, but what are the thoughts - good and bad if Hasler was to take the reins for 2019 ??

Cheers mate! How are all the old bible dodgers going??

@:p LOL!
Been trying to resurrect the spirit of Strongertogether for weeks while throwing burley into the waters in search of anyone prepared to to have a bite and take his place... apart from that... same old, same old my friend.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8