It was Des all along coaching thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Who do you think will be coaching us next year?

• Total voters
I thought Des was a control freak? If he comes back...he'll want full run of the show. If the Penns agree to that...where does that leave Trent's version of things???

At the very least...Des will want chairs and a desk!

It would be funny to see! We'd be saying goodbye to a coach that says he can't get anything done his way, and saying hello to a coach that will want to do everything his way.

Could be trouble! Some egos will need to be softened one way or another, or there will be ruffled feathers down the track.

End of 2011 many were that pi**ed off as Hasler went from a hero to an enemy instantly....
Death rode those Dogs with him at the helm and claimed I would never forgive him for the way he left....
Well I must confess to still not happy about that situation....but personally, I think there would be no better person to steer this sinking ship back into the resilient, tough, competitive side the Manly fans here expect.
I have questioned my own dignity to a point, but my loyalty to Manly is bigger than that shocking situation from 7 years ago and if Hasler comes back and brings the fight back to this footy side.....will be a happy fan.
Maybe seems a long shot, but what are the thoughts - good and bad if Hasler was to take the reins for 2019 ??

I honestly believe he can take us to Premiership #9. And that is all that should matter.

Des learnt to be a coach in 2004, he can do it again in 2019. Do you think he is one trick pony?
Des has the ability to change and reinvent....unlike pretty boy
Yeah... career coaches with proven track records don’t suddenly forget how to coach. Des, is what we need... best option full stop... better than Madge... and pretty much anyone else... players will come to the club to be mentored by Hasler.

I thought Des was a control freak? If he comes back...he'll want full run of the show. If the Penns agree to that...where does that leave Trent's version of things???

At the very least...Des will want chairs and a desk!

It would be funny to see! We'd be saying goodbye to a coach that says he can't get anything done his way, and saying hello to a coach that will want to do everything his way.

Could be trouble! Some egos will need to be softened one way or another, or there will be ruffled feathers down the track.

I think we have heard the truth about what Barrett wanted and his version of things and he didnt want to be at Manly. I really dont care what Barrett thinks about us anymore.

Fitness & defense (or lack thereof) were our main 2 problems under Barrett.

You don't need to be up on the latest sports medicine to teach defence & if Ballin comes back as fitness trainer we'll be starting next season with the basics under control.

Attack will come off the back of that.

It's just a fallacy that des was a dud coach at the dogs his record at the dogs was 56.8% compared to 59.2% with us. If the club don't want Toovey (appears obvious) they need to go back to Des and just don't let him near the salary cap.
People say his teams are boring at this stage I'd take a boring successful team.

It's just a fallacy that des was a dud coach at the dogs his record at the dogs was 56.8% compared to 59.2% with us. If the club don't want Toovey (appears obvious) they need to go back to Des and just don't let him near the salary cap.
People say his teams are boring at this stage I'd take a boring successful team.

Making the Bulldogs rubbish would essentially be doing God's work anyway

The game isn’t very different to when Des last made a GF in 2014... has the game passed by Maguire also? There are many factors as to why a team can miss out on playing finals... Hasler has only ever missed the finals in two of his years as a head coach, made five GF and won two. He experienced a dip with the squad he had at the Dogs in his last two seasons... happens all the time.

His style was slow predictable and he didnt adapt with the times and it showed ..however i believe hes good enough to rectify this and come back with some fresh ideas but using a forward as your halfback isnt gonna cut it anymore

I just hope in his year off ha$ler has reinvented his playing style some what as the game was starting to pass him by ...

Im dreaming but an apology would be nice aswell if he really is coming back

I see him as our only saviour at the moment
He had a mixed bag there at Canterbury. Did well with no halves. I don’t consider Reynolds a half btw.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 4 5 -16 8