It was Des all along coaching thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Who do you think will be coaching us next year?

• Total voters
They’d be very aware of the feelings of the fans from reading Silvertails.

Their issue is if they go the cheap option they save money up front BUT they then cop it in memberships and attendances.

Not hard to rack up a million short on these.

If this is the choice it will be clear that despite the rhetoric they really don’t give a **** after all.
Don't forget the sponsors Mark, who the coach is will influence who comes on board.

They’d be very aware of the feelings of the fans from reading Silvertails.

Their issue is if they go the cheap option they save money up front BUT they then cop it in memberships and attendances.

Not hard to rack up a million short on these.

If this is the choice it will be clear that despite the rhetoric they really don’t give a **** after all.
Thats right mate and say a Toovey signing would bring memberships up and put bums back on seats. I dont know if Tooves is the best coaching option , but he'd shore up a couple of things .

My argument against Madge or any substantial coach coming to Manly ...

Madge would be asking about $700k upwards ...
Madge would likely demand the appointment of his own assistant coaches and staff.
Madge would demand a top recruitment manger and salary cap manager same as Baz ..

To facilitate Madge coming Penns would be looking at paying out Barrett for 3/4 of a year (say $400k), and possibly paying out Cartwright and Mangey for 2 years each (say $700k) .... plus employ 4 additional football club staff (say $500k) .....

or, keep Cartwright on a shoe string ... business as usual ...

PSS Mage has also seen how Penn's relationship with the past 3 coaches has ended in acrimony, legal stouches and media driven character assassinations ..ou can bet your sweet bibby that his contract would reflect the strong likihood that he will at some time receive the same treatment ...
Told all you numb-nuts 3 weeks ago that Madge was a dream not happening ...... can't believe Penn's head is so far up his own clacka he didn't know it ....

giphy.gif

wayne.gif

I respect what you, Ryan and Mark of Brisbane are saying. I am operating from the likely scenario that all other options are either not available, not wanting to coach Manly at this stage or are on the nose with the Penn family. The cupboard seems bare unless a surprise emerges from the ashes. I am speaking from the point of view that Cartwright is coach. I am not suggesting he is the messiah or even a naughty little boy. He is probably average as far as coaching is concerned. If we had Hasler, Toovey or Madge I would probably be saying we are a final four chance. With Cartwright you have someone who has taken the Titans to near the top for two years with the right cattle. Manly has some fine cattle. I think he can at least get us a final 8 spot...probably no further. We may have to cope with mediocrity until some of the disasters of this club start to subside and it becomes a worth while place to play and coach again. And I actually suspect the Penn family is waiting for a big financial offer to move on, hoping to recover the fortune they have outlaid with this club.

Thanks mate. Deleted the long winded response I just made.

I'm just going to go with the masses, and agree Penn is our saviour, Gorman is amazing, Cartwright will be wonderful, and we will win the Grand Final next year, with Reuben what's his name scoring a hatrick.

Last edited:
Thanks mate. Deleted the long winded response I just made.

I'm just going to go with the masses, and agree Penn is our saviour, Gorman is amazing, Cartwright will be wonderful, and we will win the Grand Final next year, with Reuben what's his name scoring a hatrick.
You forgot Ferris being a friendly person as well

And welcome to 100 pages devoted to the Super Coach that is John Cartwrong!!

Took Brian Kelly 12 months to get to 100, and Hoss about 2 months!!

For me the outcome will be based on one fact only ....... if the Penn's want a well credentialed coach they will need to outlay upto $800k for the coach and payout about another $700k in casualties ..... or promote Carty for fish and chip money ... what will they do ?
They’ve obviously tried to pony up the cash for maguire though. Cause the article was that he was rejecting a multi million dollar offer. Buzz when he sank the slipper in made no mention of it being not enough cash. That’s why I’m so angry at baz. If we hadn’t re-signed his muppets we could have just sacked them and let Madge bring his people. But eating a million or more in payouts would be crazy. So many better things that money could be spent on

Time for bed you drone, every time I check in, you are bagging the clubs owners and pontificating.
Go and feed the seagulls ya bum

Hey mate, what's he said that's been off the mark? If our owners invested more into the club at various levels, would we not be in this mess now?

You're ripping him for having a go at the owners, but are missing that he's also backing our coach, who's been given a really rough and poor deal since signing with us.

I don't think there would be one other club, who's power brokers would allow their brand to be dragged through the mud like this, other than $cott Penn.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14