It was Des all along coaching thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Who do you think will be coaching us next year?

• Total voters
Yep. Unfortunately some supporters just want to whinge about the club in some way...the owners are the easy target.

Wasn't Bozo hired for all the football decisions?

Anyway, let's get back to bagging the owners... even if we don't have a club without them...

I dont buy that to be honest.
I thought it had been reported that Penn had declined an offer to sell to another party.

That shows me that there is at least 1 other potential owner out there to keep us going.
And I'm sure if the club went on the market more would put their hand up.

Agree re Fulton, but who hired Fulton ?
He didn't hire himself.

I think what most people seem to forget is that Bozo would of had a budget. My guess is that budget determined what type of coach Manly were after. I highly doubt that budget would have afforded an established, well credentialed proven performer.
Therefore we were delivered a rookie who was touted as the next big thing.
We got lucky with Des and Tooves was also a rookie. However Tooves was unable to unite the playing group for many and varied reasons which have been done to death by all sides.
Anyway the know alls will always whinge about something or other on this forum. But singling our Bozo is just piss poor, the bloke is a legend and his pedigree impeccable.
Manly without Bozo’s contribution would be somewhat diminished.
The DD May have an alternate view though.
Bozo last seen impersonating Gee from the Broncos- the investigation wants to interview me? **** I just retired.. .

It’s about the lack of financial backing absent the backing of a successful leagues club. Our model is broken and needs to be restructured. The Penn’s dont have the cash to burn to go it alone, and we have seen the results over the last few years. I am forever grateful to our financial backers over the years including the Penns but stubbornness is a disease that kills off rational decision making. Time for a rethink and quickly and a focus on growth rather than survival.

Correct! We simply don’t have the financial clout to match the big clubs.
They need a partner fast, or a big spending sponsor. But unfortunately the brand is languishing.
You get what you pay for! But you have to have it to start with
You have to start it with what?

Fulton "s brief essentially was to restore some competitive edge to the i st grade squad and to revitalize and improve the standard and playing strength of the junior levels for Manly . Credits for luring Marty , Walker,A F B , Lane , ,Api and Green to the club and salvaging some type of outcome with the D C E saga , Certainly having a big part in securing the club 's first 20 "s premiership and improvement in other junior squads . Fail on overseeing Myles , Brown and Jono Wright joining the club , only partly responsible for the Barrett [ in the main ], failed experiment and salary cap defined problems . Of course the other unpleasant aspects such as C E O Cleary leaving in less then ideal circumstances . For some reason doesn ;t seem too perturbed now with the N R L witch hunt implications . Any way , really have to move on to another chapter now , can"t change the past , hopefully the club can just collectively strive for a better and more stable , success focused path way forward right now .

I dont buy that to be honest.
I thought it had been reported that Penn had declined an offer to sell to another party.

That shows me that there is at least 1 other potential owner out there to keep us going.
And I'm sure if the club went on the market more would put their hand up.

Agree re Fulton, but who hired Fulton ?
He didn't hire himself.
URM have made an offer. It was rejected by the Penn Group.

Money per say does not seem to be the really critical or pivotal factor with the salary cap still the main factor in play , certainly a couple of more full time , hands on football operational staff members is preferable and which seems easily manageable . An increased level of T P A 's never goes astray of course , but surely some real stability on the coaching front and the coaching and playing group pulling in the right direction is what really counts . Can not always avoid the injury factor and which again played a part in crueling Manly "s prospects this season . { how many players missing from the Roosters and Storm"s top teams for a good part of the season and in the finals , of course it is always a very determining factor ] Hope the attention is mainly still on trying to field a competitive and consistent i st grade playing group for next season , again a half decent coach certainly helps but in all of the time i played and watched Rugby League, it always was the case and necessary to also have at least a half decent side [ or better of course ] on the paddock regularly and a relatively good run with injuries to produce a successful season .

I think what most people seem to forget is that Bozo would of had a budget. My guess is that budget determined what type of coach Manly were after. I highly doubt that budget would have afforded an established, well credentialed proven performer.
Therefore we were delivered a rookie who was touted as the next big thing.
We got lucky with Des and Tooves was also a rookie. However Tooves was unable to unite the playing group for many and varied reasons which have been done to death by all sides.
Anyway the know alls will always whinge about something or other on this forum. But singling our Bozo is just piss poor, the bloke is a legend and his pedigree impeccable.
Manly without Bozo’s contribution would be somewhat diminished.
The DD May have an alternate view though.
As it is a Saturday the DD brigade should be out in full force.

I'm not really that concerned with having Cartwright for a year or two. Unlike Barrett, and remembering the problems Manly have had in recent seasons on and off the field (eg injuries etc), Cartwright is an experienced coach and has had a team in the top four. He knows how to coach, might not be the best going around, but he'll be a lot better than what we've seen. Manly will have a bunch of young players on the rise, with one year added to their experience. The players in this side are at least finalist level. DCE and the Trbojevics form the core of what is a side with quite a lot of talent. It just needs some good strategic and defensive training as well as some fitness improvements. I'm hoping Ballin is brought back in. I hope other Manly players are brought back in. I hope the Penns, if they stick around, smoke the peace pipe with Hasler and Toovey...we need them back. But that's the future and its going to be a tough road. But I can see this team even with Cartwright, sneaking into the 8 next year as long as the football gods are friendly and don't allow the atrocious injury toll we've had in the past 3 years..but I think that has a lot to do with good coaching and fitness. I'm annoyed with how the Penns have been handling all things, but hopefully a stable coach like Cartwright will settle things down. In a few years top players and coaches will again want association with Manly, as long as we start winning again.

I'm not really that concerned with having Cartwright for a year or two. Unlike Barrett, and remembering the problems Manly have had in recent seasons on and off the field (eg injuries etc), Cartwright is an experienced coach and has had a team in the top four. He knows how to coach, might not be the best going around, but he'll be a lot better than what we've seen. Manly will have a bunch of young players on the rise, with one year added to their experience. The players in this side are at least finalist level. DCE and the Trbojevics form the core of what is a side with quite a lot of talent. It just needs some good strategic and defensive training as well as some fitness improvements. I'm hoping Ballin is brought back in. I hope other Manly players are brought back in. I hope the Penns, if they stick around, smoke the peace pipe with Hasler and Toovey...we need them back. But that's the future and its going to be a tough road. But I can see this team even with Cartwright, sneaking into the 8 next year as long as the football gods are friendly and don't allow the atrocious injury toll we've had in the past 3 years..but I think that has a lot to do with good coaching and fitness. I'm annoyed with how the Penns have been handling all things, but hopefully a stable coach like Cartwright will settle things down. In a few years top players and coaches will again want association with Manly, as long as we start winning again.

@Ryan will disagree on the Cartwrong choice, and I think he’s got a fair point with what he’s said.

I really cannot see us moving ahead with him as coach AND another year or two like 2018 and there’ll be nothing left to coach as all our stars will bail out for better opportunities.

Having lived on the GC through cartys coaching i can say with confidence he is devoid of ideas for offense and attacking structure. He was also very happy to accept mediocrity as he was a protected species at titans while Seale was there.

Having lived on the GC through cartys coaching i can say with confidence he is devoid of ideas for offense and attacking structure. He was also very happy to accept mediocrity as he was a protected species at titans while Seale was there.

I can’t believe I’m going to say this but I’d even prefer Ha$ler to Cartwrong!!

Ha$ler however could be a double edged sword, as he’s very unpopular with a lot of fans ( me included).

But we absolutely need a hard headed prick to get these boys back on track , and laid back Hoss ain’t it!!

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10