It was Des all along coaching thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Who do you think will be coaching us next year?

• Total voters
Im all for realising education standards have gone backwards of recent times (70s - now), however, its a fair stretch to compare primitive philosophy too modern science and try compare the IQ.

I challenge any average 1900s student to have an education let alone complete a modern one.
So you think education and intelligence are the same?

What were we chatting about on this thread. I forget now the title has been changed. Thanks @Mark from Brisbane for the mention in top 5 dribblers but I'm sure there are more outstanding dribblers than I.

Who changed the thread title? @:D Funny and quite accurate.
The thread's gone down a rabbit hole.

@davohan123 did you change the tittle ? If so I respectfully request a change back
My reasons being
1) We are still talking coach talk for 2019 between dribbles
2) The coach talk is becoming few and far between dribbles I admit but MATE its still there !!!!
3) #nextweek is #tomorrow hopefully and will end this dribbling
4) I fear if we change the name to allow dribbling people will not dribble here and will go forth and dribble everywhere..
5) More importantly the PPC may off your head

Just like the zombie apocalypse, we have to contain it here otherwise the infected will spread to every thread...

So why have we not seen rampant media speculation about this evenings board meeting. Surely it's worth a few 1000 click baits to makeup a story or 3.
"Board about to dump Penns"
"Penns about to dump board"
"CEO set to resign"
"Board greenlights furniture purchase from Aldi"

Sometimes it's the hardest but best thing to do. There are always genuine cases where the meds are needed. And they offer great help to those kids.
In my son's case, it was also compounded by genetic issues.
As an aside, based on some of my experiences, I am not too fond of teachers (no offence intended).
But having said that, my son had an awesome teacher who will probably never appreciate the extent of the positive impact he has had (despite my attempts to so inform him) @:)

Enough dribbling... now where did I put that glass?

I’m sure @globaleagle will return the thread title to non dribble once it’s been announced .

Which I assume will be sometime before the 1st November, so maybe NOT,

#nextweek

Last edited:
So you think education and intelligence are the same?
So do YOU think an IQ score is the same as an individuals intelligence?
To quote James Flynn, for whom the Flynn effect is named:
"I also wish to underline that if we want to write the cognitive history of the 20th century, rising IQ is at most half the story. There are other intellectual qualities, namely, critical acumen and wisdom, that IQ tests were not designed to measure and do not measure and these are equally worthy of attention. Our obsession with IQ is one indication that rising wisdom has not characterized our time."

It’s a 100 billion dollar a year industry and the pr1cks have got a lot to answer for. I’ve seen lives torn apart because of this so called “medical” science and the way they subscribe chemicals like Ritalin to kids who show any sign of being overly energetic. My wife went to the doctor last week to see if he could recommend any natural therapies to help her sleep and the wank3r spent half an hour trying to subscribe her Zoloft. I too can remember kids who were a little wild when I went to school (I was one of them) but that’s nothing compared to the sh1t that goes down in schools today. My sister is the principal at a very large primary school and she says that the amount of students who are behaving violently and abusively towards both staff and their peers is now at epidemic levels. I watched my best mate get diagnosed with bipolar because he had struggles sleeping and by the end of his psychiatric “treatment” he was a dribbling vegetable, getting needles in his arse and swallowing a handful of pills on a daily basis. Fortunately, his family did a little research into the industry and over a period of two years, weened him off their poison. He now lives a full and expansive life... has remarried and is as fit as a man of his age might possibly be. The psychiatrists who worked out of a very exclusive, private Sydney hospital, pleaded with his family to put him back on the drugs and warned them he would end up being scheduled in an institution if they didn’t. He was basically institutionalised during the three years he was on the drugs... so yeah... I wouldn’t trust them to medicate my niece’s pet rat.

Shocking Kevin.

I worked in the criminal justice system and Zoloft was a regular medication for serious depression, not the sort of substance you offer for sleeping problems.

And yes I know of this Ritalin issue. Trouble I think is that we just don't understand enough about varying activity levels. We live in a domesticated environment, which isn't in itself natural for humans. Many of these kids who are seen as overactive, in a tribal setting would have been your hunters and warriors. We also don't take young people through the equivalent of a rite of passage process, that uses much of that energy we have as adolescents. And we limit what children need to go through, that is regular rigorous game playing exercise that helps use that energy they have.

Sad thing is many of these people identified as ADHD find it hard to adjust to sedentary behaviours such as in the school room. Their rebellious activity often then leads to breaching of the legal codes. There are a disproportionately high rate of people diagnosed ADHD in gaol, and a lot who become alcoholics and drug users as their means of self medicating because they are not being given the opportunity of using their excess of energy in this domesticated life style we now lead.

But nobody ever talks about the lack of male role models/gender diversity in primary schools as it is politically incorrect to do so.
This is a huge problem!
But to say this is never mentioned due to political correctness is complete bollocks - there a numerous studies and reports on this each year:
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-09...hers-extinct-in-australia-in-50-years/8956770
https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/r...n/news-story/2abf28e1a03abb6e3be05e554b5105d5
http://theconversation.com/we-need-to-support-more-men-to-become-primary-teachers-86775
https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/en...NvbS8&guce_referrer_cs=vmXAI2su7_8CJd4_F8XvXQ
https://www.sbs.com.au/topics/life/...need-support-more-men-become-primary-teachers
I have also discussed the issues surrounding difficulties for men in traditionally female and female dominated work environments.
I agree it's an issue that should be more time in the mainstream (especially TV media) but how can you link this to political correctness?
As a teacher up until recently, it really is a case of if a boy wants to go outside and run around, there must be something wrong with him. Drug him up!
There are multiple studies and trials advocating for and schools actively increasing the amount of time spent outdoors and in free play.
https://www.smh.com.au/opinion/the-...is-outside-the-classroom-20180104-h0d69e.html
https://www.theeducatoronline.com/au/news/schools-hold-outdoor-classes-in-australian-first/241121
These initiatives are encouraged by those you would call lefties yet they promote answers to the problems you complain about. These very ideas are in practice at my local (public) primary school specifically for the benefit of male students, yet it is also the right leaning parents who complain the most about boys not being tied to the classroom and worry about what a male teacher may to their child behind closed doors.

@davohan123 did you change the tittle ? If so I respectfully request a change back
My reasons being
1) We are still talking coach talk for 2019 between dribbles
2) The coach talk is becoming few and far between dribbles I admit but MATE its still there !!!!
3) #nextweek is #tomorrow hopefully and will end this dribbling
4) I fear if we change the name to allow dribbling people will not dribble here and will go forth and dribble everywhere..
5) More importantly the PPC may off your head

Just like the zombie apocalypse, we have to contain it here otherwise the infected will spread to every thread...
I did not change the title at all someone from adminstration did

This thread keeps changing names like we do subject ?
And another change ....
At least were back baby...........

It was asked before..
Why is there no news regarding the Board Meeting tonight ?
Where were the reporters to harass Des as he left the meeting ?
and FFS why weren't us Silvertails on the front line seeking out news ?

Just doing my bit to talk coach news

This thread keeps changing names like we do subject ?
And another change ....
At least were back baby...........

It was asked before..
Why is there no news regarding the Board Meeting tonight ?
Where were the reporters to harass Des as he left the meeting ?
and FFS why weren't us Silvertails on the front line seeking out news ?

Just doing my bit to talk coach news
I have changed it back ..if anyone on admin staff feel they don’t like it they will change it.
I have no control over that.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10