Interesting pickups for Workers..

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Smokin Joe

Bencher
Workers have picked up a couple of interesting guys for 2018.John Folau the brother of Israel and played for Eels last year has signed on,Vai Toutai the winger/centre who glassed the bikie before the start of last season and left for the UK has signed on.Jacob Loko the big centre who played for the Eels and also the Doggies has signed on,I think he had that minor indiscretion with Taufua a couple of years back.Some character issues with a few of them but if they play to potential could end up as some good depth in the outside backs?Loko and Folau could be tried out in the second row possibly.....

Last edited:
Workers have picked up a couple of interesting guys for 2018.John Folau the brother of Israel and played for Eels last year has signed on,Vai Toutai the winger/centre who glassed the bikie before the start of last season and left for the UK has signed on.Jacob Loko the big centre who played for the Eels and also the Doggies has signed on also,I think he had that minor indiscretion with Taufua a couple of years back.Some character issues with a few of them but if they play to potential could end up as some good depth in the outside backs?Loko and Folau could be tried out in the second row possibly.....
Folau is not up to his brothers lofty standard , but definately as good or better than other options we have had as fill ins in recent years.
Loko was similar to Idris when he first came into grade at Eels, big and powerful with a deadly fend....kind of fizzled out like many who take their ability for granted, but lack discipline.

I think they are western Sydney residents hence the desire to play in Blacktown.

You are correct - Loko is the idiot that dragged Tafua into an early morning fight which lead to Jorge getting a drinking ban and playing some of his best football.

John Folau is a bit of a Frank Stallone.

Good pickups, lets show the eels how to develop players properly

I think they are western Sydney residents hence the desire to play in Blacktown.

You are correct - Loko is the idiot that dragged Tafua into an early morning fight which lead to Jorge getting a drinking ban and playing some of his best football.

John Folau is a bit of a Frank Stallone.
Yep,but good depth that we don't have to pay for,they are all west sydney boys and looking to take a last chance....

With the way the Salary cap is structured now isn't it near impossible to bring up a player from reserve grade? Don't you have to use someone from the Top 30 first and then seek special permission as no more 2nd tier cap?

Seen Folau play many times and he is nothing of the quality of his brother and never showed the same potential. He makes M Wright look like Inglis.

The smokey I am interested in is Loko. Was the biggest tool in the shed, I hope a few years in RL obscurity has changed his attitude or we are wasting time and a position in the squad. I would rate this a extremely slim chance.

Vai would have to be the biggest chance of playing NRL, assuming he has remained in somewhat decent physical condition and the NRL allow him to return. I don't believe there is any ban on him but I'm sure they would look closely before allowing him to return, plus the Manly loading Tax. Could potentially be a decent winger

Last edited:
With the way the Salary cap is structured now isn't it near impossible to bring up a player from reserve grade? Don't you have to use someone from the Top 30 first and then seek special permission as no more 2nd tier cap?

Seen Folau play many times and he is nothing of the quality of his brother and never showed the same potential. He makes M Wright look like Inglis.

The smokey I am interested in is Loko. Was the biggest tool in the shed, I hope a few years in RL obscurity has changed his attitude or we are wasting time and a position in the squad. I would rate this a extremely slim chance.

Vai would have to be the biggest chance of playing NRL, assuming he has remained in somewhat decent physical condition and the NRL allow him to return. I don't believe there is any ban on him but I'm sure they would look closely before allowing him to return, plus the Manly loading Tax. Could potentially be a decent winger
In regards to the cap,I think you are right there.Maybe that is why we haven't finalised our last couple of spots,maybe we are still evaluating some guys fighting for spots like Schuster/Price from last year and a couple of these guys too?(as well as looking at other options around the NRL)I agree with your assessment of the players too,Loko is the most intriguing with the biggest upside if he has got his off the field stuff sorted,Toutai is a type of player that we have had a lot of success with in the past.I get the feeling that Folau is going to be a switch to the backrow and see how he goes(he finished up there last year and from reports does not mind the switch)

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8