Interesting pickups for Workers..

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

winnyason

Bencher
So he not in 30 man squad so he a 2nd tier cap space. So unless we use tafua, uate, matt wright, tom wright, brad parker, jono wright, kelly and walker he wont play nrl.

Smokin Joe

Bencher
A couple more guys playing for Blacktown this year.Sika Manu the big ex kiwi international second rower(maybe lock or prop now) is playing with them and is about 30 yrs old now.Leva Li the winger who played first grade with the Gold Coast and was with the Eels last year is also with the side.Both played in todays trial match in the Massey cup and are also playing in the ISP trial against Newtown today.

Harvies elbow

I'm a country member....... " Yes we remember "
2017 Tipping Competitor
A couple more guys playing for Blacktown this year.Sika Manu the big ex kiwi international second rower(maybe lock or prop now) is playing with them and is about 30 yrs old now.Leva Li the winger who played first grade with the Gold Coast and was with the Eels last year is also with the side.Both played in todays trial match in the Massey cup and are also playing in the ISP trial against Newtown today.
Is that the same sika manu who played for the scum in the 08 annihilation?

Jigzkiller

Bencher
Don't get excited the international Sika Manu is not playing for the workers he is playing for Hull in the esl. He played for them in Wollongong last night so no way it is him.

Smokin Joe

Bencher
Don't get excited the international Sika Manu is not playing for the workers he is playing for Hull in the esl. He played for them in Wollongong last night so no way it is him.
Guess the person I was talking to got it wrong.Oh well such is life,sorry if the info was wrong....by the way,I thought you didn't like my reports on Blacktown etc..... so why are you reading them ;)

Jigzkiller

Bencher
so why are you reading them

Not fussed by your reports just clearing up false information. To suggest Sika Manu was playing for Blacktown was laughable. Number 1 he is under contract for Hull and 2 he played for them on Saturday evening in Wollongong against Wigan.
Just saying I wouldn't be taking tips off the person who told you because he obviously has nfi ;)

Smokin Joe

Bencher
Not fussed by your reports just clearing up false information. To suggest Sika Manu was playing for Blacktown was laughable. Number 1 he is under contract for Hull and 2 he played for them on Saturday evening in Wollongong against Wigan.
Just saying I wouldn't be taking tips off the person who told you because he obviously has nfi ;)
He was listening to the radio broadcast and the commentators were calling the player in question Sika Manu and referring to that player as "the veteran",so he is going off that.Manu is out of Hulls top 17(in ESL) and is in oz,not so crazy to suggest maybe he is not overly happy at Hull and is having a trial at Workers,but I love a good laugh anyway.....

Freagle

Bencher
Actually...I wonder if they were confusing him with Kelepi Manu?

Or did he leave prior to the off-season as well? Have the feeling you may have reported on that at some stage @smokinjoe... He's still listed in our (dubious-looking) INtrust Premiership side on the official website.

Brings to mind radio coverage of a game about ten years ago when we were playing Bulldogs, and Stevie Matai was playing on the same side of the field as Mat Utai... the commentators were in all sorts, so I can see them getting confused over two different Manu's...

Jigzkiller

Bencher
Manu is out of Hulls top 17(in ESL) and is in oz,not so crazy to suggest maybe he is not overly happy at Hull and is having a trial at Workers

Wrong he is not out of the top 17 he played on Saturday night against Wigan in Wollongong. So it is crazy to suggest he would be trialling for the workers. I'm sure Hull would be delighted that after playing for them on Saturday he decided to trial for the workers. See for yourself last picture is Sika

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/li...k=b34b6954f98f4d4196779382f7a8ec24-1518406493

Smokin Joe

Bencher
Wrong he is not out of the top 17 he played on Saturday night against Wigan in Wollongong. So it is crazy to suggest he would be trialling for the workers. I'm sure Hull would be delighted that after playing for them on Saturday he decided to trial for the workers. See for yourself last picture is Sika

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/li...k=b34b6954f98f4d4196779382f7a8ec24-1518406493
Actually I will retract my comment,it looks like you are right and he played against Dragons,my apologies,if I can find out who the commentators were talking about I will let you know....I am a big enough person to admit when I am wrong.(but it is the first time.....)

Last edited:

Smokin Joe

Bencher
Actually...I wonder if they were confusing him with Kelepi Manu?

Or did he leave prior to the off-season as well? Have the feeling you may have reported on that at some stage @smokinjoe... He's still listed in our (dubious-looking) INtrust Premiership side on the official website.

Brings to mind radio coverage of a game about ten years ago when we were playing Bulldogs, and Stevie Matai was playing on the same side of the field as Mat Utai... the commentators were in all sorts, so I can see them getting confused over two different Manu's...
Kelepi has gone to Bears ISP,it could even be 38 year old Willie Manu for all I know(even though he was reported to have retired this year)

Smokin Joe

Bencher
After seeing the ISP trial list I see where my friend made his mistake(and mine)Sukamanu Raki is playing for them haha(a prop from Wyong roos).Looks like Denzal Tonise the captain at times of the Eels u20s last year and dummy half is with Workers and Elia Faatui from our U20s last year is with them too.

Last edited:

Mr Manly 007

Reserve Grader
The backline in our NSW Cup team has plenty of strike power - with a decent pack, we should have plenty of points in us. Keep an eye to on the fullback Honeti Tuha - noted try scorer. Toutai, Loko and Folau all wouldn’t look out of place in any top 30 NRL squad.

Smokin Joe

Bencher
@Smokin Joe have Blacktown picked up a former Wentworthville Coach or something? So many former magpies.
My understanding is That Steve Hales our ISP coach was an U20's coach at the Eels and has a strong presence in the area and in schools(Patician Brothers).I think he has coached a lot of these guys in the past.Others might know more of his history....

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
11 8 3 75 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
11 6 5 -9 14
10 6 4 -10 14
12 6 5 36 13
11 6 5 107 12
11 5 6 47 12