1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

iiIIIIIITTTTT'S TIIIIME ! 2015 YART

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Ryan, Jan 25, 2015.

1. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6,093 / 286
    Per my annual pre-season theme, here is my 1st grade and reserve grade YARTS

1ST GRADE
    01. Brett Stewart
    02. Jorge Taufua
    03. Steve Matai
    04. Jamie Lyon
    05. Peta Hiku
    06. Kirean Foran
    07. Daly Cherry-Evans
    08. Brenton Lawrence
    09. Matt Ballin
    10. Willie Mason
    11. Feleti Mateo
    12. Tom Symonds
    13. Jamie Buhrer

14. Josh Starling
    15. Dunamis Lui
    16. Jesse Sene-Lefeo
    17. Justin Horo

NSW CUP
    01. Clinton Gutherson
    02. David Williams
    03. Cheyse Blaire
    04. Tony Satini
    05. Brayden Williame
    06. Mania Rudolph
    07. Jack Littlejohn
    08. Jake Trbojevic
    09. Jayden Hodges
    10. Siosaia Vave
    11. James Hasson
    12. Michael Chee-Kam
    13. Blake Leary

14. Tyson Andrews
    15. Ligi Sao
    16. Jordan Latham
    17. Uiti Baker

Tom to spend time in the 20's for now.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Budgewoi Eagle

Budgewoi Eagle In for the long haul. Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +4,015 / 52
    Have no desire to second guess what Tooves will do, but I must say seeing your lists for both teams, gee we've got some good depth this year.
    You really can't find a spot for Burgess in your top 34?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6,093 / 286
    Oh ****....heheheh...ummm....wow, a rookie mistake.....who do you drop out of firsts for Bugress? I say you can't drop anyone. Throw him in the 10 position in reggies, move Vavae to bench, Latham drops off.

One thing I CAN say, is boy, I am ****ing pumped for a massive season - we have an amazing squad. Just amazing despite what the fools at the Smellograph will have people think - much to their detriment.

• Like Like x 1
  4. IQofalimabean

IQofalimabean Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +273 / 11
    It is a good 1-13. You could probably drop Horo from the bench and bring in another prop like Siosaia Vave or burgess.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6,093 / 286
    Also, we HAVE to have a pretty red hot reggies team this year. Touch wood, if we remain relatively injury free, I could see a club championship. Anyone's thought's on that?

Plus our NYC boys have got a year older, finished the season better so they should be middle of the pack as well.

6. NewwyEagle

NewwyEagle I sleep in a racing car

Ratings:
    +1,174 / 59
    I agree with most of the squad choices, the only changes being Starling to start over mason and burgess in for Horo.
    Mason and burgess will make great prop int and Lui can fill in anywhere in the forward pack.
    Buhrer should be an 80 minute player, it'll be interesting to see how many minutes Symonds and Mateo will play.

7. silvereagle

silvereagle Active Member

Ratings:
    +61 / 1
    Very Impressive side Ryan.
    Depending on trials and some of the early games, I would have a couple of variations.
    1. Would love to see BJ in the 2nd row a) because I think he is a 2nd rower …not a prop and b) I think he would add more size, power and attacking flair from the 2nd row and c) we now have some real legitimate props in the club so we should utilize them. From what I saw of Luke Burgess last year, I would have him start with Josh Starling. I though Starling had a very good year for us last year and did not put a foot wrong. No nonsense and low mistake rate player who will be better this year.

2. Willie and Feleti to the bench for impact.
    So my side....
    1ST GRADE
    01. Brett Stewart
    02. Jorge Taufua
    03. Steve Matai
    04. Jamie Lyon
    05. Peta Hiku
    06. Kirean Foran
    07. Daly Cherry-Evans
    08. Josh Starling
    09. Matt Ballin
    10. Luke Burgess
    11. Brenton Lawrence
    12. Tom Symonds
    13. Jamie Buhrer

14. Willie Mason
    15. Dunamis Lui
    16. Jesse Sene-Lefeo
    17. Feleti Mataeo

That is one hell of a good pack and bench fronting the best backline in the league.

NSW CUP
    01. Clinton Gutherson
    02. David Williams
    03. Cheyse Blaire
    04. Tony Satini
    05. Brayden Williame
    06. Mania Rudolph
    07. Jack Littlejohn
    08. Jake Trbojevic
    09. Jayden Hodges
    10. Siosaia Vave
    11. James Hasson
    12. Michael Chee-Kam
    13. Blake Leary

14. Tyson Andrews
    15. Ligi Sao
    16. Horo
    17. Uiti Baker

Tom to spend time in the 20's for now.

8. MadMarcus

MadMarcus Local Lunatic 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +5,806 / 53
    Isn't this a list of players who have asked for a release?

• Like Like x 4
  9. TagMonster

TagMonster Well-Known Member

Canberra
    Ratings:
    +506 / 28
    The thing I love about our pack this year will be our ability to exploit favorable machups. We have the ability to have a very big pack or a smaller agile pack. I can see a fair amount of rotation in the bench from week to week this year which has the added benefit of less wear and tear and more game experience across the pack.

WEEK ONE SQUAD

1. Stewart
    2. Blaire
    3. Matai
    4. Lyon
    5. Hiku
    6. Foran
    7. DCE
    8. Lawrence
    9. Ballin
    10. Starling
    11. Mateo
    12. Symonds
    13. Buhrer

14. Burgess
    15. Mason
    16. Lui
    17. Trbojevic

*edit - when players drop their showbags and throw the toys out of the cot we can make the below adjustments

3. Matai - Hiku
    5. Hiku - Trbojevic / Gutherson / Taufua
    6. Foran - Rudolph / Littlejohn

Last edited: Jan 25, 2015
  10. PONTIAN SEA EAGLE

PONTIAN SEA EAGLE Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +947 / 80
    It's gonna take me a while to get used to a burgess playing for us.Secondly blair in for tafua to whom i don't trust in defence & in the air.

• Like Like x 1
  11. cherry_poppins

cherry_poppins Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,038 / 131
    Bahaha at least Jorge has a red hot go, the gronk on the other wing waves his opponent in for a try

• Like Like x 1
  12. Central Coast Eagle

Central Coast Eagle Active Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 2
  13. tajhay

tajhay Bringing Foran Home

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Interesting to see you guys place Feleti Mateo straight into first grade. Hope he goes well for you guys, and is more interested in doing the hard yards rather than just doing the flashy stuff. Based on his attitude, performance from the last year I would have had him start in reserve grade.

As for Matai...i believe the chances are that he will not be wearing a Manly jersey this year ;)

With Foran to join him at the Warriors in 2016 :)

14. BOZO

BOZO Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +3,843 / 190
    Interesting to see you have no idea on what Mateo is capable of playing with a great side like Manly who has the best and most successful club culture in the modern game . As for your wishful thinking that Matai wont be wearing a Manly Jersey this year all I can say is you must believe in the tooth fairy you fool :)

15. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    A starting back row of Mateo, Symonds and Buhrer doesn't excite me in terms of grunt to cover the loss of Choc. Who out of that three is going to grind out the yards that Choc did in the middle 3rd ?? Lui has to start in my book and play that role as the extra prop through the middle. He was one of our best last year and has that solid build with mobility, leg drive and a decent turn of foot. Neither Symonds nor Mateo offer that. Ferris will do 80mins and play the RHS once he is back to full fitness, and do a good job of it no doubt. I'd start Symonds and bench Mateo (if he makes the 17, he's living on potential at the moment)

• Like Like x 1
  16. BOZO

BOZO Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +3,843 / 190
    Mateo is not only a clever ball player but also a handful when he runs hard
    Mateo at 194 cm and 108 kg covers Choc who is 183 cm 94 kg quite well.
    The key is to get Mateo fit so he will grind out the yards regularly and our Club is the one that can bring out the best in him

17. Kevinward777

Kevinward777 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,240 / 31
    Agreed, Mateo has the potential to add some serious grunt.

18. Killer03

Killer03 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,695 / 27
    I'm finding it hard to decide on a team:
    I'd start with definites, and for me.

1. Snake
    3. Killer
    4. Skivvy
    6. Foz
    7. DCE.

So I'm undecided on the wingers. Blair, Hiku, Wolf, Gutho, Taufau. I think out of all of them the one that excites me most here is Gutherson. I just think he has real talent, he got BIG last year, and will cause headaches. The last wing spot is harder. I think Hiku gets a bit lost on the wing, and I do believe Jorge got found out. I'd go Blair. I've got a big wrap on him.

so 5. Gutho, 2. Blair.

Forwards: This is b****y tough

9. Ballin

To me that's the only definite.

If Buhrer is fit he slots into 13. For me, and the ball playing skillful backrower is Feleti. We then want a hardworking backrower, so I'd go Lui,

Front Row I'd keep Starling and Lawrence there and then have Mason, Jake T, JSL on the bench. That leave another bench spot, and I'd probably opt for a jack of all trades there in Tommy Symonds for now....with an eye on Blake Leary.

But what excites me is I've left out: Wolf, Taufau, Hiku, Hodges, Tom T (ok still early days), Horo, Burgess and a few others. There's some good depth there for the season.

19. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    Seems like a lot of people are putting a lot of eggs in the Mateo basket. He is without a doubt one of the most talented footballers I've seen, but that talent hasn't been tapped regulalry by anyone in 10 years. He needs to concentrate on getting a spot in the 17 first and then he can become our matchwinner if Tooves can unlock him. I hope he works out for us but I'm not prepared to have the success of our whole season ride on his shoulders. We have to have other options and plans

20. cherry_poppins

cherry_poppins Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,038 / 131
    Snake
    Jorge
    Lyon
    Matai
    Guthbo's haircut
    Foz
    DCE
    Bj