iiIIIIIITTTTT'S TIIIIME ! 2015 YART

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Seems like a lot of people are putting a lot of eggs in the Mateo basket. He is without a doubt one of the most talented footballers I've seen, but that talent hasn't been tapped regulalry by anyone in 10 years. He needs to concentrate on getting a spot in the 17 first and then he can become our matchwinner if Tooves can unlock him. I hope he works out for us but I'm not prepared to have the success of our whole season ride on his shoulders. We have to have other options and plans

Consider this mate. We tend to select other teams average, and turn it quality Bryant, Hall, Rose etc).

Imagine what we could do with a canvas like that to start with.

Our culture rubs off on incoming players, and they lift. I could see that in this kid too I reckon mate.

Interesting to see you guys place Feleti Mateo straight into first grade. Hope he goes well for you guys, and is more interested in doing the hard yards rather than just doing the flashy stuff. Based on his attitude, performance from the last year I would have had him start in reserve grade.

As for Matai...i believe the chances are that he will not be wearing a Manly jersey this year ;)

With Foran to join him at the Warriors in 2016 :)

So are you saying... Mateo is your revenge for Michael Witt? :p
Mateo has all the talent in the world, never consistently produced it. Bit like the Warriors in general.:D
At Manly he'll be a different player (as he probably would be at Dogs or Storm too).

I don't think Mateo was bough to sit in reserve grade. We would have paid some decent coin for him for sure.

Secondly he is a confidence player so kicking into reserve grade would kill his career at Manly before it even started.

He has to be in the 17 somewhere.

No way will Jake T start in the 17. He had an awful ankle injury last year and lost a big chunk of the preseason as well. It is a big enough step up as it is but to expect a guy to play only his second NRL game coming in underdone is crazy.

Agree with C&C, Dunamis is made to fill in for choc @ lock (middle / 3rd prop).

1. B.Stewart
2. C.Blair RW
3. J.Lyon c
4. S.Matai
5. P.Hiku LW
6. K.Foran
7. D.Cherry-Evans

8. B.Lawrence
9. M.Ballin
10. W.Mason
11. J.Sene-Lefau
12. F.Mateo
13. D.Lui

14. S.Vave
15. L."Aldi" Burgess
16. J.Buhrer
17. J.Tafua (Back-row sub)

Leaves 8 or 10 great back-ups &
solid NSW cup side (go Willo).

Every op to give it a red-hot go again this year.

Push it up Manly.

Last edited:
So are you saying... Mateo is your revenge for Michael Witt? :p
So it was you bastards that gave us Witt? :)

Mateo has all the talent in the world, never consistently produced it. Bit like the Warriors in general.:D
Ouch!!

At Manly he'll be a different player (as he probably would be at Dogs or Storm too).
Hope so, for your guys sake. Seems to be a lot of anticipation from you guys in regards to him. Most Warriors fans were happy to see him go. I am hoping he is able to resurrect his career as on his day he can be devastating, and we has quite good in year 2 and 3 oh his contract with us. Last year the wheels really fell off the wagon for him. You can see how our community rated him last year via the following URL : Feleti Mateo 2014 Ratings

These are his key stat indicators from last year (sorry had to copy and paste as unregistered members cannot view the information):
2014 Key Indicators
Feleti Mateo ranked 8th in the team for Try Assists (3)
Feleti Mateo ranked 7th in the team for Tackles (358)
Feleti Mateo ranked 8th in the team for Errors (12)
Feleti Mateo ranked 4th in the team for Offloads (18)

He averaged 39.9 Mins, 63.5 metres, 18.8 tackles, 0.9 offloads, 0.6 errors, 1.53 missed tackle a game, and 1.59metres per min, 0.47 tackles per min which was by far the lowest of our forwards. How would these stats compare to Glenn Stewart for example?

He just became lazy, and tried to do the fancy stuff without earning the right to. I really hope he has turned around the corner, and will put in a much improved performance this year. His similarities with his buddy Krisnan Inu go hand in hand. We also let Inu go for pretty much the same laziness that had crept into his game. A match winner on his day, he was shocking with his attitude to doing the hard work. Lazy in helping out his teammates. Like Inu im sure Feleti will have a couple of brilliant first up games (Inu on his first game for Dogs was their man of the match...and is now playing rugby in France..) but once the euphoria has died down will ease back to his usual self. I hope he doesnt though. He is going to be 30 this year. Seems like he had so much potential but for the most wasted it. He could have been anything. I hope we are yet to see the best of Feleti.

Last edited:
Looks like someone is about to witness the power of Manly culture!!!!

Looks like someone is about to witness the power of Manly culture!!!!
Not sure what you are referring to here?
- The DCE rumours that he doesnt get along with anyone else because he demanded a bigger salary when the other boys were taking paycuts to keep the team together?
- The Glenn Stewart saga last year
- The Matai saga where he has openly wanted out of the club.
- The Foran speculation.
- The rumours that during preseason one of your players shagged anothers missus.
- All the owner bitch fights between the controlling parties
- Sacking of zane tatevano over the offseason after he is found guilty of bashing his gf.

A good club 'culture' doesnt let any of the above occur.

Not sure about the word 'culture' but you guys do have a great winning record, no doubt about that.

Last edited:
images.jpg
View attachment 960
- The DCE rumours that he doesnt get along with anyone else because he demanded a bigger salary when the other boys were taking paycuts to keep the team together?
- The Foran speculation.

Not sure about the word 'culture' but you guys do have a great winning record, no doubt about that.
At the end of the day all clubs have internal issues but not all clubs can match the best winning culture that the Mighty Sea eagles have of being the most successful club in the modern era .
Only fools like you dont understand or accept these facts

Last edited:

- The Foran speculation.
- The rumours that during preseason one of your players shagged anothers missus.
- Sacking of zane tatevano over the offseason after he is found guilty of bashing his gf.
Er, ahem, none of the above, lol.
Pretty sure he's referring to the playing culture whereby for years now an odd assortment of bargain basement has-beens and journeymen seem to grow a leg when they join the Sea Eagles. :)

That one would probably be taking team spirit a bit too far ...:eek:

Pretty sure he's referring to the playing culture whereby for years now an odd assortment of bargain basement has-beens and journeymen seem to grow a leg when they join the Sea Eagles. :)

Classic Reply . One of your best !!! :)

^-- lol

exactly what I meant....but trolls be trolls no matter what form they take!

Last edited:
- The Foran speculation.

- DCE was on a small amount of cash as he signed a contract before he exploded onto the scene. Deserves more money and will likely get it from the club. Also, to say the other players were on unders is false, just look at Choc's contract for last season and what he would have earned with us this season.
- Glen Stewart was let go cause we couldn't offer him a contract in line with the NRLs valuation of him without exceeding the salary cap. I agree it was poorly handled, however; Manly doesn't deliberately exceed the cap unlike some.
- Matai has not formally asked for a release. He informally asked to chase money Manly can't afford (see above point) which Manly has currently not granted. All information surrounding this however is speculation.
- I forgot, all rumours are true. Did you hear that Shawn Johnson wants out of the Warriors and plans on switching to rugby as he wants to play with SBW. Also, Wayne Bennett confessed that Darius Boyd is in fact his secret love child.
- Zane Tetavano beat his girlfriend before he joined Manly. He told the club one story which proved untrue. The club immediately sacked him once this was discovered. So what's your point with this particular example.

Not saying Manly are perfect, but unlike some (cough SOUTH cough) we don't cover up our players crimes. We also build a team based on hard work and playing for each other. That's our culture. That's what makes Manly great.

Apologies if I'm going off topic but
A) Has Matai actually not requested a formal release? Last I heard his manager made 2 informal requests last year and Matai himself making a formal request during preseason.
B) Do you guys expect him to stay put this season. TBH Im not fussed if we get him or not. He seems to be making all the wrong noises as an under contract player though.
C) If you guys had a choice of DCE or For an which would you guys take. As I understand it your management is trying to keep DCE as priority. Find it somewhat inexplicable that Foran has not been made an offer by Manly yet when Foran stated that he would be making his decision for 2016 during preseason.

Go away and get your Manly rumours from Rothfield and Weidler like everyone else!

Onto my YART though!

Stewart
Hiku
Matai
Lyon
Taufua
Foran
DCE
Willie
Ballin
Lawrence
Buhrer
Mateo
Lui

Burgess
Starling
Leary
Sene-Lefao

18th man: Vave

A) Has Matai actually not requested a formal release? Last I heard his manager made 2 informal requests last year and Matai himself making a formal request during preseason.
B) Do you guys expect him to stay put this season. TBH Im not fussed if we get him or not. He seems to be making all the wrong noises as an under contract player though.
C) If you guys had a choice of DCE or For an which would you guys take. As I understand it your management is trying to keep DCE as priority. Find it somewhat inexplicable that Foran has not been made an offer by Manly yet when Foran stated that he would be making his decision for 2016 during preseason.

A. Not that I have read or heard. Only informal as far as I'm aware.
B. He is under contract, so yes, I expect him to play.
C. My preference is DCE due to our 5/8 depth. Also, the club has offered Foz per the owner. They are still negotiating. Last time I checked it's still preseason.

Back on topic, I think the week one team is going to be significantly different to mid season and end of year. For one reason, Jake T's injury will mean he will take time to crack it. I would suggest mid season in place for someone like JSL. The second, I think Taufua will get first crack on the wing. If he doesn't perform it could be anyone's.

Can anyone else see a player/s that may crack the side through the season and who would surrender their place as a cost?

So it was you bastards that gave us Witt? :)

Ouch!!

Hope so, for your guys sake. Seems to be a lot of anticipation from you guys in regards to him. Most Warriors fans were happy to see him go. I am hoping he is able to resurrect his career as on his day he can be devastating, and we has quite good in year 2 and 3 oh his contract with us. Last year the wheels really fell off the wagon for him. You can see how our community rated him last year via the following URL : Feleti Mateo 2014 Ratings

These are his key stat indicators from last year (sorry had to copy and paste as unregistered members cannot view the information):
2014 Key Indicators
Feleti Mateo ranked 8th in the team for Try Assists (3)
Feleti Mateo ranked 7th in the team for Tackles (358)
Feleti Mateo ranked 8th in the team for Errors (12)
Feleti Mateo ranked 4th in the team for Offloads (18)

He averaged 39.9 Mins, 63.5 metres, 18.8 tackles, 0.9 offloads, 0.6 errors, 1.53 missed tackle a game, and 1.59metres per min, 0.47 tackles per min which was by far the lowest of our forwards. How would these stats compare to Glenn Stewart for example?

He just became lazy, and tried to do the fancy stuff without earning the right to. I really hope he has turned around the corner, and will put in a much improved performance this year. His similarities with his buddy Krisnan Inu go hand in hand. We also let Inu go for pretty much the same laziness that had crept into his game. A match winner on his day, he was shocking with his attitude to doing the hard work. Lazy in helping out his teammates. Like Inu im sure Feleti will have a couple of brilliant first up games (Inu on his first game for Dogs was their man of the match...and is now playing rugby in France..) but once the euphoria has died down will ease back to his usual self. I hope he doesnt though. He is going to be 30 this year. Seems like he had so much potential but for the most wasted it. He could have been anything. I hope we are yet to see the best of Feleti.

well last year Mateo made 240 more tackles, 14 more offloads, 2 more line braks and ran for 853 more metres

Agree Jake Turbo, when ankle fully healed, will be in the 17.

Hiku's 4-Nations form was great, albeit @ fullback.
If he struggles on the wing, Brad Williame could end up
on one wing - Blair on the other.

Horhay on the bench, as a back-row sub and Hiku as
back-up for backline injuries/suspension/ rep duty
vacancies.

Maybe Peta's our sub dummy-half ?? or Hodges.

A) Matai is contracted to Manly this year and his player manager the media can go and get stuffed .
B) We expect him to stay this year and so his player manager and the media can go and get stuffed
C) We expect Foran and DCE to sign long term contracts with us and after they do we also expect the media and non -Manly supporters like you to suffer in silence

- The Foran speculation.

Yeah, but it's hard for our players to hear yours or anyone elses criticisms, because they have their two recent premiership rings clogging their ears.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7