1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hypothetical Re Hasler

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Berkeley_Eagle, Apr 13, 2013.

would Hasler be welcomed back at Manly

1. Yes

15.2%
  2. No

79.5%
  3. undecided

5.4%
  1. Berkeley_Eagle

Berkeley_Eagle Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,115 / 14
    lets say The rumours about Hasler not being liked at the Dogs are true and he is in a constant war with Greenburg
    and he requests to leave or gets punted

would you have him back at Manly in some form ?

2. voicefromthehill

voicefromthehill Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,235 / 9
  3. MWSE

MWSE Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +335 / 2
    He can clean the toilets behind the hill.

4. manlyfan76

manlyfan76 Parra Trolls are the best. Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Anywhere but Parramatta
    Ratings:
    +5,351 / 111
    He could write for the Manly Daily.

5. Haz88

Haz88 Active Member

Ratings:
    +72 / 0
    Not even a need for the poll. He should never have the privilege of wearing the colours and emblem ever again !

6. Pepi

Pepi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +318 / 20
    No that carrrnnt is dead to the manly club. The way he tried to tear the club apart 24 hours after what the players had worked tirelessly to achieve was unforgivable.
    Rot in piss hasler

7. Moondog

Moondog Grey-beard loon Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Hervey Bay
    Ratings:
    +3,534 / 32
    No, no, no, no, no

8. BOZO

BOZO Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +3,846 / 192
    we have all done things that we regret doing and every one deserves a second chance . He can come back as 2V 's assistant :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. torana355

torana355 Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,491 / 27
    Sorry but the way he left the club means i would not have him back. Toovey is doing a cracking job and once he gets more experience i think he will be a better coach then Des anyway.

10. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,798 / 122
    He's a life member (I think) but I don't see any reason to employ him in any capacity at all. He would have ample opportunity to show what he really feels for the club without us having to pay him.

• Like Like x 1
  11. manlyfan76

manlyfan76 Parra Trolls are the best. Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Anywhere but Parramatta
    Ratings:
    +5,351 / 111
    He would have to earn the right to come back by doing more good then the bad he is percieved to have done. Then it would come done to 2V and the playing Squad. But if he really wants to help stay at the dogs and keep trex going for 80 each week.

12. Kiwi Eagle

Kiwi Eagle Moderator Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    Just for a different slant on this, and 1 for our older crew to answer

Bob Fulton left us for Easts, I'd guess money was the main factor. Was he welcomed back with open arms when he came back across to us ? I understand his circumstances would probably have been a bit different but just wondering what the attitudes were

As for Hasler, in Tooves we trust, if Toovey decided there was some sort of role he would be useful in I'd back him on that

13. silvertail

silvertail Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +398 / 6
    Like your thinking Kiwi

14. jbb/james

jbb/james Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +885 / 21
    Cant imagine the current board endorsing a deal regardless. Depends on the capacity. Wouldnt want him as head coach again. He just gave Manly way too much bad publicity with how he handled the media and the like.

But in another capacity i wouldnt care. All we really know is that Des and the board didnt get along. Lots or trash talk about this and that but nothing ever eventuated or concrete proof . Nothing is ever one sided

I hate the dogs, not Des

• Like Like x 1
  15. MissKate

MissKate Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,021 / 7
    If Toovey wanted him back ok, otherwise it would be the ultimate insult to Toovey

16. the mauler

the mauler Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,653 / 25
    It's not that he left, it's the way he left that's the issue. Don't think the players would be to thrilled to have him back either. It's a no thanks to the Dazzler. He can enjoy the culture he's built at the Scumdogs. Lol....

17. HappilyManly

HappilyManly MWTS Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Freshwater
    Ratings:
    +11,498 / 254
    Nn, he had his time - thanks for the memories.

The 2V era has just begun so lets enjoy its unfolding :angel:

Both Bozo and the Son of Sam left as Players and came back to coach Premiership winning sides,

That is where the similarity ends.

Bozo always put Manly first and never took essenthal Staff, Players away. Especialy not wasted Manly time in sourcing funds when he had already signed elsewhere :mad:

18. lsz

lsz Well-Known Member Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +3,648 / 66
    Not sure he would come back - there were board issues contributing to his decision to move elsewhere (apart from the $) which have not been resolved

I would never say never - look at the difference SBW over time

19. Jimmy Jazz

Jimmy Jazz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +180 / 1
    Bob Fulton left as a player to play out his remaining years for a lot of money, he did not attempt to take any other Manly player with him.
    Off course he was welcomed back, just like Brent Kite will be welcomed back.
    Hasler should never be welcomed back, lets not forget that if his initial plan came off he would have had Foran at the scumdogs.

20. the mauler

the mauler Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,653 / 25
    SBW didn't go back to the Scumdogs.