Gould vs Cleary

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I reckon Penrith is 1 side that will go on a winning run and finish Top 6.
Still enjoying the Gould war and think it will continue and is probably even more intense than media are running with.....as much as Gould knows in relation to winning footy games, finds a way of unsettling coaches under his watchful eye.

Gould’s comments on how he is “mates” with Cleary are about as believable as when he said they had no plans to sack Griffin... or when he said Trent Barrett is the next SuperCoach...

Don’t think Fatty will be on Gould’s Christmas card list. They were really direct questions. What do you actually do at the club?, what is your role?, do you still have a job?, does Ivan ask you for advice? He did the job of a proper investigative reporter. Gould looked very squirmish and you get the feeling he may not be involved for much longer which would be a shame as this has Barnum and Bailey written all over it.

Don’t think Fatty will be on Gould’s Christmas card list. They were really direct questions. What do you actually do at the club?, what is your role?, do you still have a job?, does Ivan ask you for advice? He did the job of a proper investigative reporter. Gould looked very squirmish and you get the feeling he may not be involved for much longer which would be a shame as this has Barnum and Bailey written all over it.
The only upside for the game would be for Gus to replace Turdburger :wait:

It could be true, but the first paragraph of the story is as follows

“An investigative report from NRL.com has revealed Phil Gould’s “secret” play to bring Wayne Bennett to the foot of the mountains.”

Does anyone really believe nrl.com is out there doing investigative reporting?

It is an amazing piece of work considering the source - not sure what good it would do for the game

Well the old saying goes "pride comes before a fall" & Gould has been using the media to manipulate everyone to do his bidding so I can only say I'm happy to see it finally come back full circle & bite him on the backside.

It certainly puts a different context on his comments last year about not standing in the way of father & son (Ivan & Nathan) working together at the same club - if he was after Bennett all along, was that his way of saying he wouldn't be held over a barrel by the Clearys?

Funny to discover he was undermined by his CEO on that matter.

Tyrone Philips has just quit the panfars immediately, well after his mid range dui
So, how does this impact the salary cap and having to have 30 players in the top squad?
Does the NRL allow the 'Riff to recruit another player?
What happens to Philips' remaining salary in relation to the Cap?

Tyrone Philips has just quit the panfars immediately, well after his mid range dui

Looks like they Cleary-Gould partnership is holding it together out west.
I haven’t got a clould regarding what’s going on out there.

Look for Ivan to end up as an assistant to Des in coming seasons.;)

So, how does this impact the salary cap and having to have 30 players in the top squad?
Does the NRL allow the 'Riff to recruit another player?
What happens to Philips' remaining salary in relation to the Cap?
NRL would be glad that he's gone.
'Mental health...' Would cover the spin.

Teams have till June 30 to fill their roster. They just needed 29 for round 1 qualification

I read somewhere Ivan's win loss is hovering around 47% and he wasn't actually that good?

Ivan Cleary has coached 298 first grade games for 140 wins, 155 losses and 3 draws (47%). He started coaching in 2006 and his teams have made the Finals 5 times in 12 seasons (he didn't coach in 2016 after he was sacked by Penrith) in 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011 (GF) and 2014.

Like I've said, I think he's overrated as a coach.

Teams have till June 30 to fill their roster. They just needed 29 for round 1 qualification

So having just 28 for round 4 is ok?

By rights they should be required to add or upgrade someone to be 29 compliant or forfeit... or would it be ok to only have a squad of 25 for round 6 because 4 of your players have moved on?

More bullsh!t NRL governance. Pathetic.

If it were Manly they would jump all over us.

The only upside for the game would be for Gus to replace Turdburger :wait:
On the basis of what’s apparently unfolding out there, be careful what you wish for HM.:)

We know that rugby league’s history is littered with characters like Gould, who appear to have a vision and the know how to take the game forward. Only to fall flat on their faces.

On the basis of what’s apparently unfolding out there, be careful what you wish for HM.:)

We know that rugby league’s history is littered with characters like Gould, who appear to have a vision and the know how to take the game forward. Only to fall flat on their faces.
At least Gus knows the game from both sides of the field.

The vision of Greenturd is all about a production of an event and not just a game that can be enjoyed at a local field or in a billion dollar concrete stadium :cool:

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10