Gould vs Cleary

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Reported again tonight in the show with the good sort whatever her name is. This is going to end badly me thinks. Bee sting melon will be the new Zorba of the West.

Over the weekend, Kent, speaking on Triple M, said the “unhappy marriage” had left Gould “disconnected from the club” after it was revealed the Panthers head honcho would be leaving on-field matters entirely up to the coaching staff in 2019.

“I think there are real potential for dramas at Penrith now,” Kent said on Triple M.

“Given the fact the general manager of football is basically disconnected from the club in what is now an unhappy marriage.

“Phil Gould has no interaction with the football club, players or the coach anymore. When Gould who for many years has been chartered with running the football operation gets overruled on who to bring the coach in, and the coach who he has not got in the slot has a poor start to the season.”

According to reports they have gone to war with Cleary telling Gould to butt out of the coaching side lol.

Roll up roll up for the The Penrith circus

Gus 5 year premiership winning plan will turn to 50 they way he is going

c7e9febe925f8ab893560608e19ebf47.jpg

According to reports they have gone to war with Cleary telling Gould to butt out of the coaching side lol.

Must be the Man ly in Cleary coming through, I thought Gould would get his beak pecked out there with Cleary on board but not this soon !!

It pretty much confirms what everyone thought though.

Penrith went after Ivan simply because they feared losing his kid.

Both are overrated IMO (I do mean the Cleary's.....but take that how you want lol).

Penwith seem to think the Gouldster is overrated.

It could be true, but the first paragraph of the story is as follows

“An investigative report from NRL.com has revealed Phil Gould’s “secret” play to bring Wayne Bennett to the foot of the mountains.”

Does anyone really believe nrl.com is out there doing investigative reporting?

Reported again tonight in the show with the good sort whatever her name is. This is going to end badly me thinks. Bee sting melon will be the new Zorba of the West.

Over the weekend, Kent, speaking on Triple M, said the “unhappy marriage” had left Gould “disconnected from the club” after it was revealed the Panthers head honcho would be leaving on-field matters entirely up to the coaching staff in 2019.

“I think there are real potential for dramas at Penrith now,” Kent said on Triple M.

“Given the fact the general manager of football is basically disconnected from the club in what is now an unhappy marriage.

“Phil Gould has no interaction with the football club, players or the coach anymore. When Gould who for many years has been chartered with running the football operation gets overruled on who to bring the coach in, and the coach who he has not got in the slot has a poor start to the season.”
The Zorba of the West.
Lol gold...

I love the fact that Gould had Bennett signed, sealed and delivered and the Panthers management went behind his back and signed Cleary Snr.

This isn't going to end well.
Exactly, a shocking decision from Penrith.

Gould may be a lot of things (e.g. a liar), but he's won more than either of the Cleary's have in rugby league.

Gould has been GM at Penrith since 2011. In that time he has presided over the following first grade coaches:
Matt Elliott
Steve Georgallis
Ivan Cleary (x2)
Anthony Griffin
Cameron Ciraldo

They have a few Holden Cup wins and have built a new COE in that time, but still never really threatened to win the trophy that counts.

Assuming it is true, and not just another tall tale getting spun to preserve some egos... do you think that maybe after 8 years they might have a point in thinking he just isn't the right man for the job?

Gould has been GM at Penrith since 2011. In that time he has presided over the following first grade coaches:
Matt Elliott
Steve Georgallis
Ivan Cleary (x2)
Anthony Griffin
Cameron Ciraldo

They have a few Holden Cup wins and have built a new COE in that time, but still never really threatened to win the trophy that counts.

Assuming it is true, and not just another tall tale getting spun to preserve some egos... do you think that maybe after 8 years they might have a point in thinking he just isn't the right man for the job?

I'm not saying Gould is the right man for that job. I'm just saying that I believe that both Cleary's are overrated and Gould has won more in rugby league than they will.

It could be true, but the first paragraph of the story is as follows

“An investigative report from NRL.com has revealed Phil Gould’s “secret” play to bring Wayne Bennett to the foot of the mountains.”

Does anyone really believe nrl.com is out there doing investigative reporting?

Why the hell is the NRL aligned website even attempting to do "investigative reporting" on an internal club issue?

Shouldn't the official NRL site keep its f*cking nose out of the Daily Telegraph muck raking and promote the game?

Fair dinkum, does Greenberg have any God damn clue what is going on in the organisation he supposedly runs???

It pretty much confirms what everyone thought though.

Penrith went after Ivan simply because they feared losing his kid.

Both are overrated IMO (I do mean the Cleary's.....but take that how you want lol).
Couldn’t agree more mate. Still beyond me how highly Cleary’s kid is rated and Cleary as a coach. Typical nrl overhype garbage.

I hope it blows up in Penrith's face to be honest. The way they pursued Ivan Cleary at the expense of the Tigpies is right up there with how Greenturd lured Hasler to the Dogs. Total unethical and ambition driven behaviour and you reap what you sow.

I expect the Tigpies to come out and smash the Pennys this weekend. They have every right to be angry with what Penrith did to their club in the offseason!!

Tyrone Philips has just quit the panfars immediately, well after his mid range dui

Looks like they Cleary-Gould partnership is holding it together out west.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8