GOOD NEWS for a change!!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Some more good news

Some good news (apologies if posted previously:

Kaspersky has great NRL tipping skills
Return to Techno Blog
Techno Blog |
October 2011
| 0 Comments
BY STUART KENNEDY
Kaspersky Lab marketeers must be buying themselves lottery tickets after scoring a premiership win from their mid year sponsor deal with NRL club Manly.
The Kaspersky logo was spread across every Manly player’s chest as the (mighty) Sea Eagles downed the Warriors last weekend to notch the premiership after pundits early in the year had said Manly would be lucky to scrape into the final eight.
The deal was cut in July and couldn’t have come at a better time for Manly which has struggled, financially, off field despite its on field successes and had to rely on NRL grant advances earlier this year.
It seems the Russian computer security outfit has excellent footy tipping skills and Kaspersky has wasted no time in capitalising on the big win.
The company will launch its latest enterprise software products next week with a panel that includes Manly coach Des Hasler and Sea Eagles COO David Perry as well as the Kaspersky crowd and an as yet unnamed CIO customer.
Theme of the launch is ‘what is your game plan’ – hopefully Hasler’s plan is ‘back to back’, although the double premiership winning coach is headed to the Canterbury Bulldogs in 2013.

Rd 1 in new Zealand Berks... I'm not that back. Hate to put a dampener on things but could Dessie have told the players (Foran and Choc) to say what they have said to give the Manly board a false sense of security and sack the coach now in the thinking the get out clauses won't be activated?
Manly needs to get the players to sign new contracts (or sign stat decs stating they won't be activating the get out clauses) before they sack the coach.

bones said:
Rd 1 in new Zealand Berks... I'm not that back. Hate to put a dampener on things but could Dessie have told the players (Foran and Choc) to say what they have said to give the Manly board a false sense of security and sack the coach now in the thinking the get out clauses won't be activated?
Manly needs to get the players to sign new contracts (or sign stat decs stating they won't be activating the get out clauses) before they sack the coach.

bonesy how about they just let the coach finish his contract and win us our 9th premiership

Cambo, everything you said in your two previous posts are spot on. A lot of people are speaking with emotion, I know I can be guilty of that from time to time.

Des is Manly through and through and the more I think of it sometime in the not to distant future there will be a role for Des in the Sea Eagles family.

I hope Des does end up back at Manly one day. He does not deserve the shame of having to coach the filthy dogs. No amount of money will ever compensate for that. He deserved to finish his career at Manly.

As I have previously stated, I don't pretend to know wtf happened but it looks increasingly obvious that the board, particularly the non-Penn aligned factions, have a lot to answer for.

Dessie just can't go in the record books as being the ex coach of the Doggies .

Surely having to work there will be bad enough .

I think he will return home in some capacity in the near future,

Even the great Bozo came back to where he belonged .

Graham Hughes is blaming Penn. However Hughes works for the same radio station as Grant Goldman who hates Zorba who is Penn's uncle.

:s

Des climbed every mountain at Manly, and who could blame him for not feeling challenged in his current post. Sometimes moving on is better than becoming stale.
Good on him for (hopefully) fixing up the board as well.
Now bring on Cliffy.

OneEyedEagle said:
Des is Manly through and through and the more I think of it sometime in the not to distant future there will be a role for Des in the Sea Eagles family.

Mate, have you been on the crack pipe for the last week? What part of leaving the club after being offered a massive contract is Manly through and through? Through and through is putting up with the board.

fLIP said:
OneEyedEagle said:

Mate, have you been on the crack pipe for the last week? What part of leaving the club after being offered a massive contract is Manly through and through? Through and through is putting up with the board.

At least speak out or put up a fight. If the board gets an overhaul, Dessie probably did the club a favor unwittingly.

Even if it ends up not be true I'm just happy for it to be true for tonight.
Tonight at least we can think our Manly team is still together and chicken little was wrong because the sky is not falling.
Absolutely GO MANLY 2012 and beyond.

Give Des a last hurrah!! Get to the GF, win title number 9 then we say farewell to Des and any player or staff member that is leaving. The official end of an era.

Two days later, Toovs gets his office and we aim for 3 in a row. At the very least Des deserves that kind of a farewell. Kevin Moore never got that and Des won't get that at Canterbury.

Jono said:
Give Des a last hurrah!! Get to the GF, win title number 9 then we say farewell to Des and any player or staff member that is leaving. The official end of an era.

Two days later, Toovs gets his office and we aim for 3 in a row. At the very least Des deserves that kind of a farewell. Kevin Moore never got that and Des won't get that at Canterbury.

a 3Peat

top post, thats the way I would like it to happen

By the way Blowy, any more scoops will be appriciated Cheers

Berkeley_Eagle said:
Jono said:

By the way Blowy, any more scoops will be appreciated Cheers

Ditto for me.

Thanks heaps Blowfly :)

Jono said:

I agree Jono. I think at the end of the day there is no 100% right answer. But I believe that Des will be professional enough to do the right thing by the club for the next 12 months. I also think that it minimises potential upheaval and disruption to the playing group.

But again I say, at the end of the day, there is no perfect answer to this unavoidable debacle.

fLIP said:
OneEyedEagle said:

The only substance you can accuse me of abusing is alcohol and apart from having a few tonight I'm still pretty sober.

Just because Des is leaving it still doesn't mean that Des isn't Manly through and through. If your work environment becomes intolerable you seek out an environment that you will be content in.

This issue hasn’t just happened overnight, it’s been brewing for many years now.

Flip you have answered your own question “What part of leaving the club after being offered a massive contract is Manly through and through? Through and through is putting up with the board”.

Money doesn’t mean everything and it sure can’t buy happiness. We are not privy to what happened and who said what, if you read between the lines something has riled Des to the extent he is taking a stance. Des is making a stance, yes he may even be a martyr to the cause it certainly doesn’t mean that he isn’t Manly through and through just because he is leaving as you have suggested.

Take your beer goggles off and think this through without emotion.

Jono said:

Yesterday I wanted Des gone and was quite angry, but now I have calmed down and completely agree. Despite his decision this week Des is a club legend and has achieved incredible things at Manly. Let him go out on his own terms next year, and not stoop to the level of the bulldogs and sack him like they did with one of their 'favourite sons'. We have caused enough damage with the handling of Zorba. This will also give Toovey a year to set up what he needs depending on what staff decide to follow Des, and sort out his recruitment and retention for 2013.

A year is a long time in football. We may have our back office in order by the time Des leaves and he could go out on good terms. If he does then he may return back to the fold in some capacity after his 4 year contract. The bulldogs is a coaching job for Des, but I'd like to think that Manly will always be where his heart lies, despite the people in charge. I'm starting to think his decision is just as much about stirring some change at Manly as it is about getting away from an environment that isn't working for him.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8