GOOD NEWS for a change!!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Blowfly

Reserve Grader
Just did some interviews with Anthony Watmough and Tony Williams in Newcastle.

Choc insists the playing group is exceptionally strong and he has no "get out clause" nor would he want to use it and says he doesn't believe any of the players would walk away as they are tight-knit and have been through alot together. He also mentioned his friendship with Foz so I think the bond with the players would be enough to keep him at Manly too.

T-Rex said he is looking forward to going back to back next year and is looking forward to playing with his team mates for years to come.

Hope this brings a smile to your faces. It's not all doom and gloom as some media outlets would like to believe.

Onward and upward for the MIGHTY SEA EAGLES!!!

There was never going to be a mass exodis of players. This is a strong playing group who showed us throughout the season that they were a team with pride and passion. We will lose very few if any players. Remember these boys played for the Manly Sea Eagles not the Des Haslers.

If the players stick it out, I see no reason why we can't continue to dominate the NRL without Des. Toovey imo will do a great job, and is more likeable then Des.

Thats great news. One thing however. Isn't TREX currently uncontracted?

Positive news from Choc & T-Rex from NRL.com

Anthony Watmough has given his backing to the prospect of Manly great Geoff Toovey taking over from Des Hasler as Sea Eagles coach.

Hasler stunned the NRL premiers by announcing on Saturday he is to leave the club at the end of the 2012 season to take up a lucrative four-year deal with Canterbury.

Toovey, who played 238 games for Manly in addition to 48 for the ill-fated Northern Eagles from 1988 to 2001, has been a trusted lieutenant to Hasler sincereturning to the club in 2004.

Watmough credits the former NSW skipper with playing a big role in his development and believes he is the perfect choice to fill the Brookvale hotseat.

"Tooves has been around the club forever it seems and is Manly through and through," Watmough told AAP.

"It is my job is to play footy and I'll leave decisions as to who takes over from Des to the board, but I think the boys would love to see Tooves in charge."

The NSW and Australia backrower's sentiments were echoed by teammate Tony Williams, who credits Hasler and Toovey for helping him earn a place in the Kangaroos Four Nations squad.

"We are all disappointed Dessie is going, but I guess when you receive a good offer to go like that you have to take it," Williams told AAP.

"Des and the whole Manly coaching staff have helped improve me not just as a player but as a person and been a real part in my development.

"Tooves is a similar coach to Dessie as they have working with each other for a while, he gets along with all the boys and we know what he is like."

Blowfly said:
Just did some interviews with Anthony Watmough and Tony Williams in Newcastle.

Choc insists the playing group is exceptionally strong and he has no "get out clause" nor would he want to use it and says he doesn't believe any of the players would walk away as they are tight-knit and have been through alot together. He also mentioned his friendship with Foz so I think the bond with the players would be enough to keep him at Manly too.

T-Rex said he is looking forward to going back to back next year and is looking forward to playing with his team mates for years to come.

Hope this brings a smile to your faces. It's not all doom and gloom as some media outlets would like to believe.

Onward and upward for the MIGHTY SEA EAGLES!!!

After a **** weekend with something dire hanging over my head plus this crap...im feeling great! Better than gf day

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8