GOOD NEWS for a change!!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I'm sure they would be completely truthful and up front with an unknown. After all, this playing group has never been known for playing their cards close to their chest.

tookey said:
Who do you work for blowfly and where can we see the full interviews?

I don't mean to be negative towards Blowfly but I tend to agree with both tookey and Gorgeous George's comments above. To me, with the amount of new posters and trouble makers form other teams coming on here over the last few days, I can't but feel a bit skeptical too until it can be verified.

What I would like to see is a bit of Toovey mongrel in all of the players.
Toovey's mongrel in T-Rex would be a good thing

Sounds like a glowing endorsement from the players for Toovey to take the coaching role. With what Matt Johns said on Triple M this morning, I have no doubt he will be the next Manly coach. There are none that have more maroon and white blood coarsing through their veins than Toovey and with Cliff deputising I have no doubt that they can lead Manly to great things, just as they did through their playing careers.

http://www.nrl.com/watmough-backs-toovey-for-manly-role/tabid/10874/newsid/65177/default.aspx

Sounds pretty true to me and I for one didn't expect the current crop of players to do or say anything else, after all they just played 26 grueling rounds together and claimed the ultimate goal together winning the GF, why would they want to leave. Despite all the doom sayers I think we will be OK in the end!

Does anyone think it is a coincidence that once Tooves became assistant coach in 2007 we came 2nd and made the GF?

Jethro said:
tookey said:

I don't mean to be negative towards Blowfly but I tend to agree with both tookey and Gorgeous George's comments above. To me, with the amount of new posters and trouble makers form other teams coming on here over the last few days, I can't but feel a bit skeptical too until it can be verified.

Watch foxsports and let us know

Tooves has not been the assistant coach. Dennis Moore was the AC in 07 & 08 and Kelly Egan has been for at least the last two seasons.

The players will eventually learne to cope with losing just Des as toovey has been the replacement in waiting for a whole now.

However if we lose any of Des' support staff such as crusher and donny singe, the physio etc then I would like to see what the players say then as I doubt that we have ready made replacements for these positions?

One thing is for certain des needs to stay for 2012 and have a hand over of the coaching role to toovey.

Blowie please re-interview the players if the board votes to get rid of des now and if he takes most of his support staff with him to the dogs

Daniel said:
What I would like to see is a bit of Toovey mongrel in all of the players.
Toovey's mongrel in T-Rex would be a good thing

That would be scary.

Kangaroos star Anthony Watmough says Sea Eagles stars won't follow Manly coach Des Hasler in quitting NRL premiers

Barry Toohey The Daily Telegraph October 10, 2011 1:12PM

MANLY Kangaroo star Anthony Watmough has labelled the loss of Sea Eagles coach Des Hasler as a sad day for Manly, but is adamant there won't be a mass exodus of players from the club because of it.

In Newcastle with the Australian side to prepare for Sunday’s Test against New Zealand, Anthony Watmough today claimed club legend Geoff Toovey is ready for a coaching career at NRL level but stopped short of pointing the finger at Manly’s board for the club’s current coaching saga.

”It was a sad day for Manly in general [Hasler’s decision to link with the Bulldogs in 2013] but in saying that, it’s a business and he wasn’t able to run the business the way he wanted to and as a head coach, you want that.

"He had to do what’s best for him and there is no ill-feeling for that. We just have to head in the direction we are heading in and whatever it is, we just have to believe in it like we did with Dessie.

“As much as Dessie is an unbelievable guy, we have unbelievable guys in our team and unbelieveable talent and we’ll stick solid and still give them a good nudge.’’

“I’m not going to bag the board out over what’s happened because I don’t know what’s going on or what happened. Dessie had to make a decision for Dessie and I’m not going to hate on Dessie and I’m not going to hate on the board.’’

Watmough dismissed suggestions a number of teammates could follow Hasler out the door.

“The group of guys we’ve got, we’re solid and we’re tight and no one likes to walk away from that,’’ he said.

”You are not just going to leave 25 top blokes that are your best mates for a coaching member.’’

On Toovey, Watmough said:

”He’s pretty much our forwards coach now. He does all our videos and everything like that where as Dessie sort of takes a back seat there and lets him run it and that’s been happening for a couple of years.

"He’s been groomed by Dessie to take over and is a real Manly man so if we get him and he is our coach, then we’ll believe in whatever path he lays down in front of us.’’

Watmough also took a potshot at his critics who suggested he would not play for Australia again because of a supposed falling out with Sheens.  

”I think there is a few people eaten their words,’’Watmough said.

”Look, I’ve never had an issue with Tim and when I came in [to camp], we had a laugh. He was one of the first people I saw. There is no issues there between me

Matabele said:
I'm sure they would be completely truthful and up front with an unknown. After all, this playing group has never been known for playing their cards close to their chest.

Gees I'm not sure what some of you blokes want? I've been a Manly fan myself for 39 years and not once put a stirring thread on here but I relay what I've been told and still cop crap.

I may not be Ray Warren but despite being an "unknown" I still work in the media and only forward on what I'm told.

Additionally... we've also just had an interview from the Kiwi camp fed in where Foran says... and I quote "I'm very happy at the Manly club. I LOVE the Manly club and I'd like to continue my playing future there."

This "unknown" didn't do that interview so maybe that is more believable.

From now on...I can keep these insights to myself if you like?

All sounds very good. Thanks for all this. I agree with Whatnot, follow the Sea Eagles club, not the personalities.

Blowfly said:
Matabele said:

Gees I'm not sure what some of you blokes want? I've been a Manly fan myself for 39 years and not once put a stirring thread on here but I relay what I've been told and still cop crap.

I may not be Ray Warren but despite being an "unknown" I still work in the media and only forward on what I'm told.

Additionally... we've also just had an interview from the Kiwi camp fed in where Foran says... and I quote "I'm very happy at the Manly club. I LOVE the Manly club and I'd like to continue my playing future there."

Good to hear Foran saying that. Thankyou for sharing your interviews with us, mate.

Berkeley_Eagle said:
Jethro said:
tookey said:

Watch foxsports and let us know

No can do B_E. I don't have Foxtel or Austar since moving to Hervey Bay in Jan 2009 so somebody else will have to do the reporting on what was said.

Blowfly said:
Matabele said:

Bloody well said mate! thanks for the info you, sure have brightened up my day.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4