Go Matildas' .. World Cup Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
I bought a ticket months ago to the suncorp semi this sat. Didn't know if it was even possible that the Matilda's could play there is in finals,
Could not believe when they said after Monday that it was indeed the Aussies!

Super stoked to be going.

Who'd a thought ( and this is no blight meant towards females ) that the highest rating sporting event on TV ever would be a female soccer game??

Love to see it! The Matilda's deserve every bit of success they get.
They work hard, there is no bull$hit or drama, and they really are bringing the nation together.
The amount of people who never watch or care about soccer are so engrossed in this world cup. Naturally being at home and on prime time TV helps, but a big part of it is the actual women who are extremely likeable & humble.

The Matildas move into the Women’s World Cup quarter-finals having shattered TV ratings records and pushing Prime Minister Anthony Albanese to signal a national public holiday, but their most unbelievable achievement might arrive on Saturday.

The Australian team has captured the hearts and minds of the nation riding a wave of support into a fourth quarter-final appearance against France at Suncorp Stadium on Saturday.

The match will undoubtably prove to be a momentous occasion, but the most extraordinary thing will be happening on our TV screens — Channel 7 delaying the news.

Pushing back the 6pm bulletin is an exclusive club. Steve Waugh did it chasing a memorable 100 at the SCG in 2003, as did Michael Clarke when he took three wickets in the final over to secure a miracle win against India in 2008. Dylan Alcott’s final match at the Australian Open also pushed back the nightly 6pm bulletin.

However, Channel 7 doing it for a women’s football game is entirely unprecedented.

It would have been unthinkable just a few years ago.

The Matildas face France from 5pm AEST at Suncorp Stadium and Seven’s guarantee of broadcasting the team on its primary channel means its flagship news bulletins will be pushed back to at least 7pm.

Love to see it! The Matilda's deserve every bit of success they get.
They work hard, there is no bull$hit or drama, and they really are bringing the nation together.
The amount of people who never watch or care about soccer are so engrossed in this world cup. Naturally being at home and on prime time TV helps, but a big part of it is the actual women who are extremely likeable & humble.

How fantastic is it to support a team that simply want to play football ... no pathetic virtue signalling, political statements or climate change activism ..

and an openly and proud Gay Captain ... who chose not to wear the approved rainbow captain's armband ... because she wanted the focus to be about the football ...

It is ironic that the lack of strident calls for "inclusivity" .. has actually resulted in everybody being included as fans ...

How fantastic is it to support a team that simply want to play football ... no pathetic virtue signalling, political statements or climate change activism ..

and an openly and proud Gay Captain ... who chose not to wear the approved rainbow captain's armband ... because she wanted the focus to be about the football ...

It is ironic that the lack of strident calls for "inclusivity" .. has actually resulted in everybody being included as fans ...
Can't help himself, has to introduce some hate into a feelgood story.
Kamala Harris GIF by GIPHY News

Can't help himself, has to introduce some hate into a feelgood story.
Kamala Harris GIF by GIPHY News

Got you on a string you woke old leftie ... you jumping in was as predictable as my brilliant observation of the vast gulf between the all encompassing love and support for this team of wonderful Australian ambassadors ... and the declining interest that the virtue signallers are reaping.

It's funny how you only see the raising of inclusivity as a bad thing ... when it's obviously going against you ... hurry, attack me ... must silence the free speech and control the narrative ... can't have people thinking for themselves ...

Great Post feathered friend

It is indeed fantastic to go and watch the footy and focus on the footy and avoid the daily political crap that is shoved in our faces

Our Open Gay Captain epitomizes Great Character and leadership to focus on the reason this game is played and that is to represent all Australians and win the game for All Australians

Who'd a thought ( and this is no blight meant towards females ) that the highest rating sporting event on TV ever would be a female soccer game??

They'll definitely need to win tonight, and push through as far as they can as we are a fickle bunch us Aussie supporters! We only love a winner

Both AFL and NRL will be playing live feed of the Matilda's on big screens and channel seven has bumped the news.

Who would have thought.

Australia vs France prediction, odds​

• Moneyline lean: France (2.17)
  • Score prediction: Australia 1-2 France
The Aussies have done brilliantly to reach this stage, and they should hang tough with France for a time, but they will struggle to manage a full 90 minutes against one of the most overwhelming attacking sides in the world.

Betting against the hosts is a dicey affair, but it feels as if Australia have reached their peak. They might grab an upset here, but it doesn't quite feel as if they have the ability to reach the final. This tournament has been a great showcase for the Matildas and will be a wonderful springboard into their future development even should they bow out here.

If Australia are to pull off the upset, it will almost surely have to come via the under, as there is little chance they could win a shootout with France. Yet the under provides very little value here, with Australia having shut out three of their four opponents thus far.

That was beyond anything I have seen before.
To be there was so intense, amazing and thrilling.
Tears of joy when Vine scored the winning penalty.
The highs of that shootout was... I can't describe.
Never seen an event like it.

I don't think this moment will be beaten as far as being in the crowd for a live sporting event for me.

Till it's done indeed.

That was beyond anything I have seen before.
To be there was so intense, amazing and thrilling.
Tears of joy when Vine scored the winning penalty.
The highs of that shootout was... I can't describe.
Never seen an event like it.

I don't think this moment will be beaten as far as being in the crowd for a live sporting event for me.

Till it's done indeed.
I was hoping you would post your experience. The ambos must’ve had all their defibrillators on standby.
I dare say you’ll never forget that moment in your life.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10