Go Matildas' .. World Cup Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Almost everyone..."Let's watch the world cup!"

1 person: 'nah, I wanna watch LOTR."

lulz

4cdfa0d04b075d0eb124de2cedf15ed7

I'm still coming to terms with what I witnessed last night.

1) a really good Welcome to Country inc Waltzing Matilda in language followed by a standing ovation.
2) the best National Anthem since the Sydney Olympics
3) The cheer as the team ran out onto the field was spine tingling. The crowd was kids, families groups of guys, people from all backgrounds dressed in Green and Gold. WE ARE ONE!
4) I've seen a heap of games at Suncorp since 2008, Manly and Origin. Rally towels, Manly fans seated in what is normally Broncos members section thanks to @Mark from Brisbane. State of origins, Rugby Tests, Elton John and more. But nothing tops that crowd from last night. Origin in 2000 when Homebush held 100,000.
Alan Borders last ODI. Dean Jones Vs the Windies / Ambrose.
Manly Grand Finals.
But last night was different, better. Emotional roller coaster for 3 hours. The crowd all knew exactly what was going on and the gravity of every half chance and threat. Even average clearances were cheered heartily.
The chants, calls and excitations were intense beyond compare.
5) penalty kicks.
The noise when the French failed the first time, the release after two hours of chess, near misses, should of-could have- when will Sam come on was a genuine moment.
Every single kick was on par with the best moments I've witnessed in sport. Boos, cheers, silence, gasps and cheers. Real from the soul cheers.
And there was 20 of them!
I cannot understate the intensity and emotions of each moment.
6) We Won.
Absolute wonder.
The emotions, the history. Pride, relief, happiness. Togetherness.
Absolute speechlessness.
100% team effort.

Nobody moved, no rush for the exit. We were all part of something special. We were to savour the moment.
Tears of joy.

Writing this has made me emotional all over again.
I hope if your reading this you can feel just a little of What it was like because it was a moment in our history. On par with America's Cup and Cathy Freeman in 2000.

Sport in this country has changed forever and I'm over the moon.
#TillItsDone

I'm still coming to terms with what I witnessed last night.

1) a really good Welcome to Country inc Waltzing Matilda in language followed by a standing ovation.
2) the best National Anthem since the Sydney Olympics
3) The cheer as the team ran out onto the field was spine tingling. The crowd was kids, families groups of guys, people from all backgrounds dressed in Green and Gold. WE ARE ONE!
4) I've seen a heap of games at Suncorp since 2008, Manly and Origin. Rally towels, Manly fans seated in what is normally Broncos members section thanks to @Mark from Brisbane. State of origins, Rugby Tests, Elton John and more. But nothing tops that crowd from last night. Origin in 2000 when Homebush held 100,000.
Alan Borders last ODI. Dean Jones Vs the Windies / Ambrose.
Manly Grand Finals.
But last night was different, better. Emotional roller coaster for 3 hours. The crowd all knew exactly what was going on and the gravity of every half chance and threat. Even average clearances were cheered heartily.
The chants, calls and excitations were intense beyond compare.
5) penalty kicks.
The noise when the French failed the first time, the release after two hours of chess, near misses, should of-could have- when will Sam come on was a genuine moment.
Every single kick was on par with the best moments I've witnessed in sport. Boos, cheers, silence, gasps and cheers. Real from the soul cheers.
And there was 20 of them!
I cannot understate the intensity and emotions of each moment.
6) We Won.
Absolute wonder.
The emotions, the history. Pride, relief, happiness. Togetherness.
Absolute speechlessness.
100% team effort.

Nobody moved, no rush for the exit. We were all part of something special. We were to savour the moment.
Tears of joy.

Writing this has made me emotional all over again.
I hope if your reading this you can feel just a little of What it was like because it was a moment in our history. On par with America's Cup and Cathy Freeman in 2000.

Sport in this country has changed forever and I'm over the moon.
#TillItsDone
Mate, it was all those things just watching it on the big screen, I can't even imagine how spine tingling it would have been in the stadium.
You have experienced a very rare occasion, congratulations I am sure it will stay with you forever as one of those moments.

Thankyou for sharing

The tension, and release when it was won, just can't be described no matter how many words you find.
All heart

Even Barnaby Joyce was watching it.....of course he was watching the wrong match....
Is there anything better that one of the worst poli's in Australia jumping on the wrong bandwagon?

As I feel a mixture of feeling physically ill and having tears in my eyes in the lead up to tonight's game I am struggling to put into words the joy it brings me to see so many people embrace the world game and the pride (again) at the performance of one our national football teams.

Football is beautiful and this team is amazing.....Ole Ole Ole Tillies Tilliies

For once I won't complain about NShift, I don't think I could sit through another game like the France one! I'll try to "ignore" it but no doubt I'll end up watching most of it on my phone!
I'm just praying for some early Matilda goals for my heart rates sake! 🏆🦘👧

If it's possible to feel happy and sad, proud and a tiny bit disappointed, encouragingly satisfied yet yearning for more... then this Matildas has provided it all, and more.

Well done.
That strike from Kerr last night alone would've been worth the admission. Great effort but just not good enough on the night. I'm sure they've inspired many young kids out there. Good on them.

Congratulations to the Matildas the Over achievers

They performed better and achieved more than expected
They exceeded expectations , earned Great respect and admiration in the World stage and made Australia Proud

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8