Glenn Stewart return

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I don't know about this Gifty situation, the longer we leave it to get him on the park the bigger the risk. Fully fit he is a shoe in to start, but I can't help thinking back to last year when it took him a few weeks to hit his straps. Can we afford that during finals time when the intensity of contest will be ratcheted up a notch or two ?? I don't know, I'd really like to see him get a couple of runs under his belt before the finals, even if only off the bench.

I welcome Gift back into the team, 2V must be very astute with his game time though and pull him before fatigue sets in. Unless we are up by 26pts then give him a little more time. Match fitness is a big part of it but Gifts game is built on timing and reading a game and after a long lay off that can take a while to come back as I believe gift has shown in the past.

I'd love nothing more than for the two Stewarts to totally own the GF this year.

Use the last few rounds to play maximum minutes and in doing so, match fitness and timing will be improved and the coaching staff will be able to see where he is at and make a call re bench or start for the finals.

Personally I would love to see what he could do coming on after 20mins just when the opposition defence think they have us worked out.

Chip and Chase said:
I don't know about this Gifty situation, the longer we leave it to get him on the park the bigger the risk. Fully fit he is a shoe in to start, but I can't help thinking back to last year when it took him a few weeks to hit his straps. Can we afford that during finals time when the intensity of contest will be ratcheted up a notch or two ?? I don't know, I'd really like to see him get a couple of runs under his belt before the finals, even if only off the bench.

He's supposed to be back RD 25. That's next week. So that's 2 games before the finals.

Stevo said:
Chip and Chase said:

He's supposed to be back RD 25. That's next week. So that's 2 games before the finals.

I too hope that I am made to eat my words, but I doubt it will happen.

Manly star Glenn Stewart is poised for an emotional Brookvale Oval farewell next week in the Sea Eagles' final home game of the year in his return from a long-term ankle injury.

Stewart hasn't played since Manly's 54-18 round-eight thumping of Canberra in April.

But the two-time premiership winner began running again on Wednesday and is set to be fit for next week's round-25 clash with Penrith, in what shapes as his last game in Sea Eagles colours at Brookie before his move to South Sydney next year.

Read more: http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-sport/stewart-set-for-emotional-manly-farewell-20140821-3e2xs.html

That would be fantastic, and I'll be there to give him a cheer!!

Sorry to see Gifty go, but no sorrier than I was when Beaver / Kitey and others had to go!!

Did he break a foot ? He was injured in the Raiders game in April. Seems to be an unusually long recovery :s

We will say a Brookie Thank You :heart:

Budgewoi Eagle said:
Began running on Wednesday? BEGAN? Seriously?
Yes he began on Wednesday and is still runnIng as type this, and he's barely broken a sweat. Super fit, our Gift.

Plan B. He comes off the bench for two 10 minute spells. After we have tested them with direct runners off our halves, and sweeping plays around the back with his brother, we introduce Glenn and in the process, unleash the 3rd variant, the ball playing third receiver.

With him, we have a 3-barrelled shot gun. If it works, the opposition won't know which barrell has the bullet. If it doesn't work, we will just crab sideways and play ugly.

This will be a real test to get him into the swing of things again. I'll be there at Brookie with my boys cheering him and all the boys in our team. What a great day out it will be if all our big guns fire on the day.

I will be there at the ground with my arm in a sling, wearing a moon boot and stirring up trouble with choc. snake, foz and skivvy..

I also hope he has an injury free season next year. I might not like but i will respect it. Maybe a coaching role at manly sometime in the future too

I know it sounds crazy, but I reckon we should get Glenn Stewart to come back to the club in 2017 and try to get Souths to release him for next season. We are trying to sign blokes just like him in Myles why not just bring him back, I am sure his value wouldn't be huge. And he seems to be over his ongoing injuries. Players are always asking for release for personal reasons, why the **** cant we?

Myles is a front rower
Yeah I know, but I wasn't saying don't sign Myles but saying if we are going for a similar age/character of the player. Miles is 30 in june and Glenn turned 31 in jan so not a huge difference in years. I think bringing Glenn back or trying really hard to get him would restore the alignment of the Manly planets. Not so much to appease players but just to right a wrong and try to get Glenn to nurture some of the young blokes. And to be honest just to see him back at the club and finish with us. Even if we got a year out of Glenn I feel it would be worth it. For some reason I only think like this about Glenn and not so much about others. Especially if we can't sign any halves If we could some how do a deal with Souths to get him back next year to play 5/8 as a stop gap until we sign a new half.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8