GAME DAY - Manly v Warriors [Round 20, 2015]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Wow that's terrible for burgess. He walked off as well.

Ligi swerved and pulled or tore something. I thought it was his hammy. Hope he hasn't done an ACL as well.

Gutsiest performance I have seen from a Manly team in a long, long time.

Down to 13 players for the last 27 minutes of the game. Players playing out of position and regardless that they had lost Johnson we still managed to put 26 on them in the second half while restricting the Warriors to just 6 on their home ground.

For an away game in another country after the week we've been through......I don't think any of us could have been prouder with the way they stood up today. Jake, Star, Willie and Matty Ballin were phenomenal out there while Snake and Jorge were again the pick of the backs with a special mention for Kieran 'Foreign' who was great in the second half playing mostly at left centre. And it was good to see that DCE came through ok with his shoulder because after last week there was thoughts that he was gone for the season.

I think Manly earned a great deal of respect today. It was the Sea Eagles of old. Our backs to the wall and the siege mentality took over.

Last edited:
Eh? Are you brainless Bear boy? Barrett doesn't want Ballin at Manly next year.

Show me one quote where you have seen that Barrett doesn't want Ballin around? Or are you talking out of your arse?

Jeez, we are yet to see that he is in fact the guy they want here....

Could this not be Fulton? Kelly? Heck, maybe Toovey?

I dont kmow why your assassinating Barrett because he wants to come here to make us a success?

Flipping the bird at him because we have had a win..I mean, really? Is this what Manly fans have regressed to?

Come on. Surely we are better than that? Can't we just enjoy a good win?

Gutsiest performance I have seen from a Manly team in a long, long time.

Down to 13 players for the last 27 minutes of the game. Players playing out of position and regardless that they had lost Johnson we still managed to put 26 on them in the second half while restricting the Warriors to just 6 on their home ground.

For an away game in another country after the week we've been through......I don't think any of us could have been prouder with the way they stood up today. Jake, Star, Willie and Matty Ballin were phenomenal out there while Snake and Jorge were again the pick of the backs with a special mention for Kieran 'Foreign' who was great in the second half playing mostly at left centre. And it was good to see that DCE came through ok with his shoulder because after last week there was thoughts that he was gone for the season.

I think Manly earned a great deal of respect today. It was the Sea Eagles of old. Our backs to the wall and the siege mentality took over.

And who was coaching today Trent Barrett , oh no that is right 2V's and didn't the players stand up for him today.

DCE and Brett Stewart they may not be the best of friends off the field but man when they click on the field they are one lethal duo.

For the rest of the season I still think we will finish just outside the top 8- dragons raiders have very easy runs compared to us.

All I ask is the following
We don't lose at Brookvale oval again this year.

Next six rounds:

Broncos in Gosford (L): Just think they will be too strong out wide for us but man oh man how I would love for us to break there winning streak, I am sick of the Broncos love already in the media , we haven't even reached the finals yet @Mark from Brisbane dont know how you survive up in QLD.

Rabbits at home ( W ) Going to be one heck of game, Souths are hitting there straps but I feel we are going to get them on our turf , after the last performance on home soil against the Cowboys the boys will want redemption.

Raiders away : (W) think we can sneak a win down in the nations capital but going to very tough.

Eels home (W) think there will be some payback from round 1 think we are specials for 13+ margin this game.

Easts home (W) Last game for 2V's at Brookvale as coach I would nothing more than to beat our arch rivals. Think again a cracking game and we will push Easts all they way I hope.

Sharks( L) Depending on where we are on the table and where the sharks are I think it will be very hard to win down there.

That would leave us on 26 points for the season and probably 10-11 th spot.

I can handle that!!!

Last edited:
I think we're more a chance of going 3-3 for the rest of the year than we are of going 6-0 or 5-1 at worst to make the finals.

I hope we can win them but I can't see us beating the Donkeys, Souffs or the Rorters. Even though we had a good win yesterday, they are 3 of the best 4 teams this year and we'll have to improve a lot more to beat all 3. And as we saw against NQ, wins against out of form teams mean nothing when you come up against a team that is in form. The Raiders, Speels and Sharks are very winnable games though.

What's a spoon?
Some of the top teams will slip up between now and the finals, hopefully to us.

I think we're more a chance of going 3-3 for the rest of the year than we are of going 6-0 or 5-1 at worst to make the finals.

I hope we can win them but I can't see us beating the Donkeys, Souffs or the Rorters. Even though we had a good win yesterday, they are 3 of the best 4 teams this year and we'll have to improve a lot more to beat all 3. And as we saw against NQ, wins against out of form teams mean nothing when you come up against a team that is in form. The Raiders, Speels and Sharks are very winnable games though.

That is what I am thinking
I really hope we beat the Broncos, Souths and Easts but probably will just fall short
3-3 over the last 6 six weeks I can handle.

well 1 easy step of improvement is to not lose DCE for half a game, achieve that and we will be a lot closer

I can see us winning 3 at least of the last 6. There could be a let down this week with all the emotion but I think the boys will be fired up against Souths and Parra at Brooky, scores to settle against those teams.

Wooden Spoon: The attainable premiership trophy for the likes of Gold Coast, Wests Tigers, Newcastle and Parra-doesn't-matta.

IMG_20150726_004855.jpg

Happy Manly @:)
IMG_20150726_162049.jpg

Mutual :clap:Respect

And who was coaching today Trent Barrett , oh no that is right 2V's and didn't the players stand up for him today.

DCE and Brett Stewart they may not be the best of friends off the field but man when they click on the field they are one lethal duo.

For the rest of the season I still think we will finish just outside the top 8- dragons raiders have very easy runs compared to us.

All I ask is the following
We don't lose at Brookvale oval again this year.

Next six rounds:

Broncos in Gosford (L): Just think they will be too strong out wide for us but man oh man how I would love for us to break there winning streak, I am sick of the Broncos love already in the media , we haven't even reached the finals yet @Mark from Brisbane dont know how you survive up in QLD.

Rabbits at home ( W ) Going to be one heck of game, Souths are hitting there straps but I feel we are going to get them on our turf , after the last performance on home soil against the Cowboys the boys will want redemption.

Raiders away : (W) think we can sneak a win down in the nations capital but going to very tough.

Eels home (W) think there will be some payback from round 1 think we are specials for 13+ margin this game.

Easts home (W) Last game for 2V's at Brookvale as coach I would nothing more than to beat our arch rivals. Think again a cracking game and we will push Easts all they way I hope.

Sharks( L) Depending on where we are on the table and where the sharks are I think it will be very hard to win down there.

That would leave us on 26 points for the season and probably 10-11 th spot.

I can handle that!!!

It's hard at times, around SOO it's complete crap, and you have to just avoid reading the Bronco Mail, or listen to Triple M.

Other than that it's not a bad spot!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8