GAME DAY - Manly v Sharks [Round 17, 2015]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Personally I don't think that Starling is fit (he may be over his injury, but he isn't fit) and Hasson is simply not a first grade level player (he's barely good enough for NSW Cup). But I would take a 1/2 fit Starling over a fully fit Hasson.

Starling far from fully fit but each game he will get a bit more fitness so needs to keep playing. Still offered more than Hasson last week in less minutes. Within a few weeks he should be back up to speed and offering a lot more off the bench.

Great news for Manly - Ennis out of Sunday's match. He set up most of their tries over the past few weeks.@:cool:

Manly need to put on a huge score and win against a depleted Sharks side.
We could finish up around 12th spot :clap:

Lyon primed to return against Sharks
  • MANLY DAILY
  • JULY 01, 2015 11:09PM
  • Geoff Toovey

332880-819256b0-1ff2-11e5-9bcb-f95a534f046c.jpg

Jamie Lyon. Sea Eagles golf day at Long Reef on Monday.

THE playing group have had a spring in their step this week after seeing Jamie Lyon back on the training paddock.

“Killer” has missed a fair chunk of footy this year due to niggling injuries and is a frustrated spectator.

He has been dying to return but we have to manage him sensibly.

On his day I still believe he is the best centre in the competition so we were never going to rush him back.

If he passes all the necessary medical tests over the next few days, expect to see him goalkicking and on the team sheet next to Steve Matai.

story-fngr8iii-1227424332960

Beware of Sharks

I WAS very impressed with what the Sharks dished up last Saturday night in Townsville. Not many gave them a chance of beating the Cowboys, even minus their playmaker Johnathan Thurston.

When they went behind 18-0 it looked all over, but then they got a roll on and couldn’t be stopped.

Pivot Jack Bird is a terrific player and a real star of the future.

Like fellow youngster Valentine Holmes, he was given a chance by coach Shane Flanagan and has taken it with both hands.

This Sunday afternoon at Brookvale Oval we will need to contain those two blokes and Ben Barba when he comes off the bench.

Confidence game

EVEN though we lost to the Rabbitohs last Friday night at ANZ Stadium there was plenty to take out of the performance.

The game had a real semi-final feel to it, and in previous years we would have skipped ahead and gone on with it.

Unfortunately, our collective confidence is down at the moment – we allowed Souths to seize the big moments and in the end they kicked away from us.

DCE will bounce back

I AM tipping Daly Cherry-Evans to have a monster game against Cronulla.

Obviously he was disappointed to miss selection for the Maroons in game three next Wednesday night at Suncorp Stadium.

Great players respond to setbacks in their next game and I think he will fire big time in front of our fans.

So if killer is back does that mean Tommy Turbo drops off?

Maybe he can take Hassons spot instead

first post guys, so hi to all...am about as a one eyed eagle fan as you can get, but this is a crunch game, when you are speaking mathematically of the chances to make the 8 its getting dire, season could be over if we don't kick start the season this weekend
time to step up lads....giddiyup manly!!
on a side note, asked a friend the other day being as this this is a rough year being a
manly fan whether this is what it feels like to be a parra fan, hehe..wasn't happy lol
we kinda have been spoilt for 10 years, but damn I love it

first post guys, so hi to all...am about as a one eyed eagle fan as you can get, but this is a crunch game, when you are speaking mathematically of the chances to make the 8 its getting dire, season could be over if we don't kick start the season this weekend
on a side note, asked a friend the other day being as this this is a rough year being a
manly fan whether this is what it feels like to be a parra fan, hehe..wasn't happy lol
Welcome aboard. Sorry to puncture your enthusiasm , but the finals ship has sailed. We are now playing to avoid the spoon and not much else.

The club must be desperate to get a good crowd at Brookie this Sunday. I have one membership, but I was just sent 4 text messages advising that kids are free & there are $2 hot dogs / pies etc.

I'd imagine that if Killer plays on Sunday then Hiku will move back to the wing with Turbo Tom missing out. Otherwise it will be the same backline as last week.

Killer plays and he is the goal kicker. He doesn't play and who gets the job this week? Hiku? Mateo? DCE? Matai? Someone needs to kick some.

I'd imagine that if Killer plays on Sunday then Hiku will move back to the wing with Turbo Tom missing out. Otherwise it will be the same backline as last week.

Killer plays and he is the goal kicker. He doesn't play and who gets the job this week? Hiku? Mateo? DCE? Matai? Someone needs to kick some.
Tooves selects the goal kicker each week by the old lotto process. All names into a hat and the first pulled out is it. 2 weeks ago he pulled out Mateo and last week it was Hiku. This week could be anyone because in true spirit of fairness once you've had your turn your name is out of the hat until everyone has had a turn.

Welcome aboard mate!!

Tooves selects the goal kicker each week by the old lotto process. All names into a hat and the first pulled out is it. 2 weeks ago he pulled out Mateo and last week it was Hiku. This week could be anyone because in true spirit of fairness once you've had your turn your name is out of the hat until everyone has had a turn.

Maybe he needs to do this re: Hasson....ie leave the name out of the hat?

Actually...if Hasson goes, who is going to be our new scapegoat?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8