GAME DAY - Manly v Sharks [Round 17, 2015]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Did anyone else see 2v mouth the words 'where's matt" on the tv broadcast when hodges first came on? Could it be possible he didn't know about the interchange?
Just a question cause I thought it was clear as day that's what he said.
Just as well we had Hodges on the bench because it saved us from a massive reshuffle. I've been one calling for Hodges' inclusion, and I think he justified his selections. His early passing was clunky, but he pulled off some good tackles so those who say he can't defend should reassess their opinions. He almost scored from dummy half; I guess his critics will say he should have passed, but he gives us an unpredictability that Matt doesn't offer. I want him to remain as part of our 17 and continue to be part of our attacking options. We've lost more matches this year through our weak attack rather than our defence.

Just as well we had Hodges on the bench because it saved us from a massive reshuffle. I've been one calling for Hodges' inclusion, and I think he justified his selections. His early passing was clunky, but he pulled off some good tackles so those who say he can't defend should reassess their opinions. He almost scored from dummy half; I guess his critics will say he should have passed, but he gives us an unpredictability that Matt doesn't offer. I want him to remain as part of our 17 and continue to be part of our attacking options. We've lost more matches this year through our weak attack rather than our defence.
He passed high, missed tackles and butchered a try on the second tackle

He is the Mullane of hookers

After yesterday's game this is where I see our season paining out :

We will not get the wooden spoon probably finish 10-12th ( those close loses to the Cowboys and panthers early on this year is going to cost us a chance at sneaking into the 8)

We will go on a run ( winning probably 5 or 6 games out of our remaining 9 )but have just left it too late into the season to do any damage.

The one thing which both Phil Gould and Noddy state in there articles today is that we will be the team to cause a shake up of the 8 and will hopefully hurt other teams chances of getting a good top 8 position, I see us stopping either parra or raiders making the 8 and stopping either the Broncos or Souths of top 2 position.

Still we have loads to improve on from yesterday's performance but this roster has too much strike power to be wooden spoon contenders, tigers or Knights will have that covered for us.

He passed high, missed tackles and butchered a try on the second tackle

He is the Mullane of hookers
What a croc of crap.
Yes, his early passing was loopy, but it got better.
He tackled well. I see the stats shows he missed two tackles but made 27. That's pretty good. And several of the tackles were beauties on big guys.
What try did he butcher? The one he almost scored from dummy half?

What a croc of crap.
Yes, his early passing was loopy, but it got better.
He tackled well. I see the stats shows he missed two tackles but made 27. That's pretty good. And several of the tackles were beauties on big guys.
What try did he butcher? The one he almost scored from dummy half?
Where he was all for himself, it worked one time and he has done it about 40 times since then to no avail

I don't understand the obsession with him, he'll be gone next year with Api coming so i guess i only have a few months left reading his undeserved fandom

If you don't understand it by now then you have no chance but I will try

Matty B gets a rest and therefore offers heaps more than the 80 minute Matty B.
Hodges comes on and the opposition defence need to adapt meaning they cannot come in with a simple game plan.
Hodges covers for injury.
Hasson was purely there to warm the bench
Hodges is 21, played 10 games sporatically and is written off by keyboard heroes. Gift looked like a chump in comparison to Hodges at the same stage of their careers. The rule of thumb is it takes at least 20 games just to get used to the speed of the NRL and 50 to really settle down and play your best.

Give him a run of 5 or 6 games to get used to the speed and structure and I bet he looks a lot more at home.

Enjoyed this game from the hill under the scoreboard. Watching from behind the posts is such a different perspective, but I did think that it was particularly nice to see both our centres in form and the combinations on the edges getting back to what they were in previous years.

Has anyone seen this: http://store.seaeagles.com.au/auctions/

I doubt this will last, but I did have a chuckle when I saw it. The jerseys they wore are being auctioned, and everyone has bids, except poor ol' Kieran.

So, $220 for that terrible jersey worn by that Manly immortal, Luke Burgess?
I hope they raise some money because it is a good cause, but I'm shocked anyone would want this.
Now, if Hasson had played . . . .

Foz can relax now...Karma has made 3 bids on his jersey.

Edit: Snake reckons $1500 is a good price for his jersey....he's hoping it'll go for at least that.

:)

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8