GAME DAY - Manly v Sharks [Round 17, 2015]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I keep getting posts from the MWSE organisation about $2 pies and sausage rolls for this game. Can someone tell them if the team we used to know (ie winners) were to make an appearance, they can charge whatever they damn well like for their cold pastries and people will come.
Do they seriously believe this offer will have people flock to the game?
Embarrassingly amateur, and I say that having gone to my first Swans game in years last night. Man, they know how to give their crowd a good experience.

43YAxhMJoJE1m6uVpsqHx4w4QTxB7nAkG3vKyLRBKkLn3kNey_cZHTgflHwz3ofGLVURzdlgB2wc2Kuvkha7FEs31UkrWryKQPlxuVQuJAXlsTWgwxHTfFAE_BB06JfrjObumWFVcwRmkaMTVRIsaBrzmQ=w200-h200-nc
@WackosWhispers: Coach Geoff Toovey said Lyon would possibly replace Peta Hiku, who has a minor leg injury.

I keep getting posts from the MWSE organisation about $2 pies and sausage rolls for this game. Can someone tell them if the team we used to know (ie winners) were to make an appearance, they can charge whatever they damn well like for their cold pastries and people will come.
Embarrassingly amateur, and I say that having gone to my first Swans game in years last night. Man, they know how to give their crowd a good experience.

Give them a break and stop whinging. The cheap pies etc is just part of it. There is a members kick for cash and free entry for kids. At least they trying something different. You can't please some!

Give them a break and stop whinging. The cheap pies etc is just part of it. There is a members kick for cash and free entry for kids. At least they trying something different. You can't please some!
Not whinging, just calling it as the amateur hour it is. We are part of a multi million dollar industry. The owners can do better.

FMD there are some retarded posters on this forum. Some troll posts something negative and it must be true.

I take it you idiot also believe everything posted on facebook as well.

If i was playing NRL i would be dropping these lines left right and center before pissing myself at the idiots who buy it

I have relatives who earlier this year moved down from the Gold Coast to the northern beaches. They're meeting me there this Sunday with their kids, it's their first Manly game and they're only going because of these special offers.
Now I agree the afl can put on a show, but the club is just trying to encourage families to attend a good Sunday afternoon game of footy.
I, too, wish we were top of the table and kicking arse, but we can't blame the marketing team for that.

Mate get yourself off to the Brookie pub for a great steak before the game then you won't have to worry about the cold stuff at the game.

I have relatives who earlier this year moved down from the Gold Coast to the northern beaches. They're meeting me there this Sunday with their kids, it's their first Manly game and they're only going because of these special offers.
Now I agree the afl can put on a show, but the club is just trying to encourage families to attend a good Sunday afternoon game of footy.
I, too, wish we were top of the table and kicking arse, but we can't blame the marketing team for that.
Fair enough and hope you all have a great day!!

Not many warm clothes as I live in Qld. The Manly jersey will be on though. I'm ordering some sunshine for the hill.
Running on the field would be a fun blast from the past.
Will I get arrested if I run away with the corner post that isn't made out of cardboard anymore?

Come up and say hi, niccipops. I'll be the guy on the hill in the Manly jersey.

@:D

Seriously though, it's a shame we don't get to meet more of one another in person. Enjoy the game. I know I will. First one for the year.

Right. I'll recognise you straight away. :p
My first game of the year too. Strategically picked under the following categories:
School holidays
Brookie
Chance of a win
;)
Go you good things.
Maannly!

Mate get yourself off to the Brookie pub for a great steak before the game then you won't have to worry about the cold stuff at the game.
Recently, I had the worst fish and chips ever at the brookvale hotel, at $22. I reckon the fish had expired while des was still coach. Avoid.

Seriously though, it's a shame we don't get to meet more of one another in person. Enjoy the game. I know I will. First one for the year.

The MWTS usually get together at the last home game , I have suggested many times that it would be easy to do a Silvertails get together, all you need are some name tags with your Silvertails moniker on them.

Perhaps first home game 2016 might be a good starting point.

And upstairs in the Lyons Den.

But will only work if it's not a Friday night game, or a Monday night.

Right. I'll recognise you straight away. :p
My first game of the year too. Strategically picked under the following categories:
School holidays
Brookie
Chance of a win
;)
Go you good things.
Maannly!

You guys should just write your username on masking tape and stick it on your jersey (proper name tags are for wusses) and then you might realise the people you abuse in here...you're standing next to!!

Anyway...that's what I do. :)

EDIT: Can I just state for the record that I didn't see Mark's post before I posted this one!

Oh and I hear Thursday night will be every week next year , so in summary only works on Saturdays and Sunday's when people have time pre game.

There is more than likely going to be a minute silence before the game tomorrow as a mark of respect for Adelaide Crows (AFL) coach Phil Walsh who was tragically murdered here in Adelaide in the early hours of Friday morning.

Just goes to show that it doesn't matter that the NRL and AFL are rival codes, we're all human beings underneath.

weather forecast: sunny cold, 16°, 4 pm kick off getting a bit dark by 2nd half .hopefully should be a dry fast track. Attendence will be 12,500, MMWSE by 14 ~ 20.
First scorer isnt hard to predict, but what about 2nd try scorer ? I'll have a tilt at Piku.

[QOTE="EagleFromMay1967, post: 704115, member: 3392"]weather forecast: sunny cold, 16°, 4 pm kick off getting a bit dark by 2nd half .hopefully should be a dry fast track. Attendence will be 12,500, MMWSE by 14 ~ 20.
First scorer isnt hard to predict, but what about 2nd try scorer ? I'll have a tilt at Piku.[/QUOTE]
I hope you are wrong. Pretty sure he's not playing. I'll go Jorge

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6