LiveBlog GAME DAY - Manly v Broncos Round 21, 2015 - Toovey Farewell Tour [1298628]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Things i noticed:
The game was well refereed. Big ten, very few bull**** play the ball penalities, good flow. We won't get that against the prize bunnies next week. Apart from the ridiculous forward pass call that deprived us of the half century, It was the least frustrated I've been with refereeing this year.
Foran played the best game I've seen from him for the last 2 years. I'd forgot how good he was.
The Turbos are absolutely something special.
I agree. We always seem to get rough calls against the bunnies.

We are now only one win and 17 points differential out of 7th place. Although that differential might increase after StG play Newcastle tomorrow.

Who would have thought!

It is entirely possible, with a win next Friday, that Manly could enter the eight after next weekend.

Dare to dream!

What a win

Very proud night to be a manly supporter and member

If the weather is fine 15,000 + on Friday Souths fans do travel.

I know it has been said before but next week is in my eyes MIGOTY

Souths have had the wood over us the last couple of times we have played them and Souths are hitting some form.

Going to be on heck of a game next Friday and I cannot wait for it.

What a night that was tonight!! Enjoy the win

Last edited:
All year I have said that we lacked energy especially around the ruck, but to see the team now going so much better and Jake Turbo is really responsible for a lot of that, as is Big Willy who is just colossal at the moment and Feleti is attracting defenders which is opening up space for our halves. The guys are playing faster and the Donkeys were on their knees at the back end of the game. Great to see and now a block buster and home and it has to be house full sign next Friday night against Souffs!

Another note
Pure Gold this and great listening
Wayne Bennett's press conference just had a look at it , in the background as clear as day you could hear

We are the Manly boys ... Team song being bellowed out Loved it

All year I have said that we lacked energy especially around the ruck, but to see the team now going so much better and Jake Turbo is really responsible for a lot of that, as is Big Willy who is just colossal at the moment and Feleti is attracting defenders which is opening up space for our halves. The guys are playing faster and the Donkeys were on their knees at the back end of the game. Great to see and now a block buster and home and it has to be house full sign next Friday night against Souffs!

With Souths fan who travel well going to be one heck of an atmosphere come next Friday. We will show off that pathetic crowd they got on Friday night for supposed 2 big Sydney clubs in Easts and the dogs.

Brookvale oval is going to be buzzing next Friday night - I really hope our boys turn up with the same attitude and give Souths a real run for there money.

Another note
Pure Gold this and great listening
Wayne Bennett's press conference just had a look at it , in the background as clear as day you could hear

We are the Manly boys ... Team song being bellowed out Loved it
Hilarious. Bennett could barely get a word in above the sound of the boys.

Bennett was asked if he was surprised Toovey was sacked. He said that based on results, he was surprised.

Best game of the last 12 months in my opinion. Crisp, energetic.

I hope these performances show the power brokers that they shouldn't be so pig headed with their squad choices.

Resign Chee Kam. Have Koroisou play 5/8, Ballin at Hooker, Parcell in the 14, and Brown in the backrow.

Heck Mason has been one.of our best all year !!!

Either way, contracted players should have them honored.

Meteo is a must keep. MUST.

Everyone knows Tooves has been shafted big time. Even Manly haters have been on his side this week, that alone says it all. No one is putting the boot in, they are all saying that its disgraceful what the club has done to him.

Tooves has lost the players? Up yours to the media.

Been to a lot of Manly games over the years n that was one of the best wins I've seen...Bunnies next watch out....GOLD the look on Waynies face as he is drowned out by MWSE celebrations....Toovey has been given a dud deal that's for sure but it looks done and dusted so all I can say is there had better be significant improvement in positioning on the table next year to justify this or the powers that be need to have a good hard look at themselves...

What a great win tonight. The boys played with so much pride. Must bring a smile to tooves face.

They just seemed to have so much belief. Great to see us steamroll another top 8 team.

Just having a quick read of the LU forum for tonight's game.

Even the Manly haters over there thought that there was nothing wrong with Jorge's pass. That BS forward pass call cost us the chance to hit 50.

Lets hope Penrith put in a big one tomorrow so its a nice bashfest. I'll be watching. We don't want Souths to arrive at Brookvale next Friday too healthy or confident.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8