From Todays Wagga Paper - Les Muir again

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
BOZO said:
Berkeley_Eagle said:
This is what he looks like

1650773.jpg
He looks like a f**king idiot .

Is he as dumb as he looks? I would suggest it is a close call...

bones said:
Hopefully the next time this morons name appears in any paper, it is in the obituaries column.

I strongly suspect that photo was taken about 2 weeks after his obituary was published.

patorick2010 said:
Shades off:

http://www.dailyadvertiser.com.au/news/local/sport/general/for-the-love-of-god-please-dont-let-manly-win/1321298.aspx?storypage=0

For the love of God, please don’t let Manly win
30 Sep, 2008 11:14 AM

I HATE Manly.

There, I’ve said it.

Not the suburb as such. Manly Beach is a nice place for a paddle on summer’s day and there are some great pubs, cafes and restaurants along Manly Corso.

Kicking back at The Steyne Hotel with a scrumptious barbecue barramundi fillet ($24 with Greek salad with paw paw and ginger salsa) is a sublime epicurean experience, especially if it is washed down with copious Crown Lagers and two or three bottles of Margaret River red.

Yeah, Manly has a lot going for it and at a pinch I probably could live there if some kind multi gave me a luxury unit on the water.

How great would that be?

Not bad, except there would be the monumental problem of having to reside in the same area as those dastardly Sea Eagles.

True, a person could just act as if they didn’t exist, but that would be excruciatingly hard when people who live on The Peninsula carry on so much about the horrible team.

Let me tell you, I’m as passionate in my hatred of the Sea Eagles as any of their loathsome supporters is with their devotion of the team.

And, I detest the Sea Eagles for all the right reasons.

Not so much as they beat Cronulla in the 1973 grand final (Canterbury was the only team back then), but just that the Sea Eagles are an awful, rotten team.

They’ve been like that forever and you just have to despise them.

They’re the world’s smuggest footballers, which is frightening because they haven’t got too much to be superior or haughty about.

Same goes for the supporters, but they’re probably just a tick worse. They are probably on par with Roosters fans, although that would be worth a debate.

So what does this all mean in grand final week?

Firstly, I’ll be praying Manly gets beaten – and really, really badly beaten, possibly 30 or 40 points.

Aside from all the other obvious benefits, this will mean Steve Menzies doesn’t get anything like a fairytale end to his career.

I’m absolutely sick and tired of hearing about The Beaver. Honestly, you’d think the Channel Nine commentary team had shares in Beaver Incorporated the way they rabbit on about him.

Same goes for Matt Orford, Jamie Lyon and Brett Stewart – three players I would love to see get 40,000,000 franc contracts to play rugby union in Rwanda for the next 25 years.

On the downside, Manly getting beaten will cost Cootamundra’s Mark Bryant a premiership – and that will be a damn pity.

The only other drawback I can see to the Sea Eagles getting thumped is that it will be the Storm who will be doing the thumping.

I can’t say I totally loathe Melbourne (the footy team not the city), but it’s a close call.

The Storm are really easy to dislike – and not just because they are world champion whingers about anything and everything.

This means picking between Manly and Melbourne on Sunday is a bit like having to choose whether to have the fingernails torn out on your right or left hand.

I know I’ll end up cheering for the Storm, but it will be through clenched teeth.

That is unless I absolutely load up on the Storm on TAB Sportsbet at the fantastic price of $2.05. Now that definitely would be worth cheering about.

:huh:

Can't remember who wrote that, anyway...

and here is a thread on his post 2008 Grand Final review:

http://forums.silvertails.net/Thread-Alternate-View-on-the-Grand-Final

Oh, and this one too after the 2011 GF:

http://forums.silvertails.net/Thread-Nothing-Worse-Than-A-Manly-Premiership-Victory

Yeah thats the article I posted on the old manly sea eagles forum.

Here is the direct link if anyone wants it direct from the papers site.

http://www.dailyadvertiser.com.au/news/local/sport/general/manly-massacre-more-about-storms-flaws/1327056.aspx

His 2008 GF review shows he's a bitter,twisted idiot.He seems to have a problem with anything successful.After his hissy fit about Manly he goes on to rubbish 2 very successful racehorses(Weekend Hussler and Tuesday Joy).

How can this fool earn a crust for his opinions on sport when it's crystal clear to anyone and everyone that he does not have a clue about anything sport related???

Thanks Jethro and Bob. Total, absolute, unforgiveable loser. Greatness is the eclipse that takes the sun away. Suck it up sharkie lover.

Nthn NSW said:
His 2008 GF review shows he's a bitter,twisted idiot.He seems to have a problem with anything successful.After his hissy fit about Manly he goes on to rubbish 2 very successful racehorses(Weekend Hussler and Tuesday Joy).

How can this fool earn a crust for his opinions on sport when it's crystal clear to anyone and everyone that he does not have a clue about anything sport related???

Every town has a village idiot, it seems Wagga has Les.

LOL. If all the village idiots from all the villages around the country packed up and left one day to form their own village, Les would be that villages idiot!

"The inability of the Storm to stop Manly scoring creampuff soft tries was their downfall.

This is hardly a scoop or much of an excuse, but it is unequivocal evidence that Manly is – and never will be – a 40-point better team than Melbourne."

Problem 1 – no logic. If the Storm are unable to stop Manly scoring how can this be unequivocal evidence that Manly aren't a 40 point better team? Makes no sense.

Problem 2 – no grammar. A professional journalist says "Manly is – and never will be…"

No wonder he's been banished to Wagga.

(When does the season begin, please please)

SeaEagleRock8 said:
"The inability of the Storm to stop Manly scoring creampuff soft tries was their downfall.

This is hardly a scoop or much of an excuse, but it is unequivocal evidence that Manly is – and never will be – a 40-point better team than Melbourne."

Problem 1 – no logic. If the Storm are unable to stop Manly scoring how can this be unequivocal evidence that Manly aren't a 40 point better team? Makes no sense.

Problem 2 – no grammar. A professional journalist says "Manly is – and never will be…"

It seems that the critical and evaluative part of the season has already begun but without any actual games ... The Umbrage Era of the NRL season has been reversed... The attacks on Manly Fans seem to be the most potent and offensive umbrage factor.The Wagga Wagga journalist does not realise a Manly fan is also a fan of many other sports simultaneously and by attacking Manly choices personally he is indirectly attacking all sports. Does that make him a smart sports reporter? Can he separate constructive information from destructive comment? But who really cares, apart from himself, what he thinks or values anyway?

For over 30 years as a Seaeagles supporter I have heard & read so many of these unethical, fabricated stories with 2 thing in common.
1) People involved are non existent personalities who are bitter from a failed existence. Those with a winning culture who hate Manly will still confess recent dominance & give the club deserved credit.
2)These same people only crawl from the woodwork when Manly is winning & they feel intimidated & inferior. If Manly were in a struggle for the wooden spoon we would not get a mention.

This dribble actually excites me because I know it means the general public see us as the major force of the NRL. We really should relish these times - if our crime is winning & success & these ppl wanna hang off the victory shirt tails - happy to drag them along because this train ain't stopping in 2012....

MK Eagle said:
For over 30 years as a Seaeagles supporter I have heard & read so many of these unethical, fabricated stories with 2 thing in common.
1) People involved are non existent personalities who are bitter from a failed existence. Those with a winning culture who hate Manly will still confess recent dominance & give the club deserved credit.
2)These same people only crawl from the woodwork when Manly is winning & they feel intimidated & inferior. If Manly were in a struggle for the wooden spoon we would not get a mention.

This dribble actually excites me because I know it means the general public see us as the major force of the NRL. We really should relish these times - if our crime is winning & success & these ppl wanna hang off the victory shirt tails - happy to drag them along because this train ain't stopping in 2012....

I agree MK, we shouldn't give this looser the satisfaction of even getting a mention on this illustrious forum it's not as though this sad old gits opinion should even register on our radar... therefore I say we should close this thread immediately.

My only problem with this bloke is the affect he may have on kids that are Manly supporters. It may well be tongue in cheek, but I'll bet an impressionable 8 year old wouldn't read it that way.

DELUSIONS OF GRANDEUR

This is an absolute no brainer. Anyone with the slightest thread of integrity could never admit to reading the Wagga Express and Les Muir. The soul-less beings who actually make claim to being journalists at this diabolical paper are immune to human emotion, so they don’t count. Les Muir leaves the vast majority of us totally cold when he puts pen to paper. It was exactly like we had all been given the rounds of the kitchen by a band of second rate hacks.
The saving grace, of course, has been the way Les has been confined to Wagga and away from mainstream journalism and the public eye. Les has been banished in the most heart warming way. The smugness has been totally wiped away and the world is a much nicer place. Without going completely overboard, there is surely an overwhelming sense of relief that Les Muir has been put in his rightful place. Perhaps he may one day get a city gig, but, rest assured he will never win any jounalistic awards or ever get close.

DYEagle said:
DELUSIONS OF GRANDEUR

This is an absolute no brainer. Anyone with the slightest thread of integrity could never admit to reading the Wagga Express and Les Muir. The soul-less beings who actually make claim to being journalists at this diabolical paper are immune to human emotion, so they don’t count. Les Muir leaves the vast majority of us totally cold when he puts pen to paper. It was exactly like we had all been given the rounds of the kitchen by a band of second rate hacks.
The saving grace, of course, has been the way Les has been confined to Wagga and away from mainstream journalism and the public eye. Les has been banished in the most heart warming way. The smugness has been totally wiped away and the world is a much nicer place. Without going completely overboard, there is surely an overwhelming sense of relief that Les Muir has been put in his rightful place. Perhaps he may one day get a city gig, but, rest assured he will never win any jounalistic awards or ever get close.
This should be emailed to les and the paper lol. Top effort.

arty said:
SeaEagleRock8 said:

It seems that the critical and evaluative part of the season has already begun but without any actual games ... The Umbrage Era of the NRL season has been reversed... The attacks on Manly Fans seem to be the most potent and offensive umbrage factor.The Wagga Wagga journalist does not realise a Manly fan is also a fan of many other sports simultaneously and by attacking Manly choices personally he is indirectly attacking all sports. Does that make him a smart sports reporter? Can he separate constructive information from destructive comment? But who really cares, apart from himself, what he thinks or values anyway?

Did you get a thesaurs for Christmas Arty?

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8