From Todays Wagga Paper - Les Muir again

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

bob dylan

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
This dribbler has an article in today's Wagga Daily Advertiser.

I cant find an online version, so here it is with my many typo's no doubt.

EAGLE CRASH

This is an absolute no brainer. Anyone with the slightest thread of sporting integrity could never admit to wanting Manly to succeed. The soul-less beings who actually claim to support the diabolical club are immune to human emotion, so they don’t count.
Manly won the NRL title last year and left the vast majority of us totally cold. It was exactly like we had all been given the rounds of the kitchen by a band of maroon and white dementors.
The saving grace, of course, has been the way Manly has subsequently imploded. The Sea Eagles have been torn asunder in the most heart warming way. The smugness has been totally wiped away and the world is a much nicer place.
Without going completely overboard, there is surely an overwhelming sense of relief that Manly will be put in its rightful place this year.
Perhaps Manly might make the top eight, but, rest assured the team cant win the premiership…go even close.

Sports Editor
Les Muir
[email protected]
Phone: 02 6938 3348
Fax: 02 6921 6950

Good old Les Manure crawled from under his rock again has he? Can't believe theyre allowed to print such tripe.

What a wanker! Talent and hard work obviously played no part in our success. The upside is that morons like this bloke have to live with the fact that we are the premiers for the season and hopefully beyond.

Hopefully the next time this morons name appears in any paper, it is in the obituaries column.

bob dylan said:
This dribbler has an article in today's Wagga Daily Advertiser.

I cant find an online version, so here it is with my many typo's no doubt.

EAGLE CRASH

This is an absolute no brainer. Anyone with the slightest thread of sporting integrity could never admit to wanting Manly to succeed. The soul-less beings who actually claim to support the diabolical club are immune to human emotion, so they don’t count.
Manly won the NRL title last year and left the vast majority of us totally cold. It was exactly like we had all been given the rounds of the kitchen by a band of maroon and white dementors.
The saving grace, of course, has been the way Manly has subsequently imploded. The Sea Eagles have been torn asunder in the most heart warming way. The smugness has been totally wiped away and the world is a much nicer place.
Without going completely overboard, there is surely an overwhelming sense of relief that Manly will be put in its rightful place this year.
Perhaps Manly might make the top eight, but, rest assured the team cant win the premiership…go even close.

Sports Editor
Les Muir
[email protected]
Phone: 02 6938 3348
Fax: 02 6921 6950
Attitudes very ...to put it very mildly... unsportsmanlike and very disappointing,. It is not his job to write this objectionable, libellous rubbish. .Please read Journalism 101 or haven't you gone far enough to understand it yet? My vote right now for L.Muir, The News Limited Journalism Award For Inflammatory Drivel and 2012 Sports Bigot Of The Year.
Les..if it is a no brainer as you assert,it is no surprise, you, above all others, picked up on it...

He has whinged about other papers wasting column inches about Manly in the past, along with filling a spittoon full of bile on his part about us, and here he goes again doing the same thing he complains about. That would make it three years in a row he has got the 'Idiot Award for Non-Journalism' and he is just staking his claim for 2012. He is beneath contempt.

u know what that cretin isnt worth the keystrokes or bandwith of a reply.

May his soul-less miserable life end soon.

Nthn NSW said:
Wonder which club this pole smoker supports

I should add that the article continued on saying Souths and Parra (he went out o a limb there) have no chance of winning the comp. Finishing up with how Todd Carney will be a senational signing, just what the Sharks have needed for years.

Yep, he's a Shark supporter.

I'm glad this great club has inflicted so much pain on this poor excuse of a man for 2 out of the last 4 years.

Sure, he talks some rubbish - but look at the positives for a second!

bob dylan said:
This is an absolute no brainer.

No idea why he starts off with a critique of his own head, but few could argue that this statement is spot on.

bob dylan said:
Manly won the NRL title last year

Spot on again - say it again Les!!

bob dylan said:

Again, spot on. After being robbed in 1995 and 1997, Manly will finally win B2B premierships.

What is smugness? Hard work, discipline, mateship, self belief, blood, sweat, standing staunch shoulder to shoulder against all opposition (on and off field), helping your mate to his feet when he's been knocked down and then powering forward harder as a team = SUCCESS!!
Our players are the most humble bunch of blokes you'd ever meet. I am the proudest of the proud because of the players efforts. Some people seem to confuse smugness for PRIDE!

mozgrame said:
What is smugness? Hard work, discipline, mateship, self belief, blood, sweat, standing staunch shoulder to shoulder against all opposition (on and off field), helping your mate to his feet when he's been knocked down and then powering forward harder as a team = SUCCESS!!
Our players are the most humble bunch of blokes you'd ever meet. I am the proudest of the proud because of the players efforts. Some people seem to confuse smugness for PRIDE!

The word 'smugness' must now rank as one of the longest words in the English language.. Les..you have done it again...No, definitely no "success" here.

I took this approach, and received a reply:
Les,
Your name is familiar. Did you do your cadetship in Sydney at one of the News Ltd papers?
I did mine at The Sun in the 1970s, and was trained to be objective, report only the facts and not provide opinions.
Your diatribe against the RL premiers, Manly, contradicts everything you must have been taught. It really is poor journalism, and I’m appalled that your standards have slipped so low.

Thanks (The Who) for the feedback
Yes, I did do my cadetship at the Telegraph around that time.
And I certainly hope or believe my standards have slipped. The column was intended as light-hearted and touch in cheek.

(I think he meant to say that his standards have NOT slipped, and that it was tongue-in-cheek)

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6