From Todays Wagga Paper - Les Muir again

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The Who said:
I took this approach, and received a reply:
L

Thanks (The Who) for the feedback
Yes, I did do my cadetship at the Telegraph around that time.
And I certainly hope or believe my standards have slipped. The column was intended as light-hearted and touch in cheek.

(I think he meant to say that his standards have NOT slipped, and that it was tongue-in-cheek)

tongue-in-cheek approach? More like foot in mouth approach you idiot!

Standards have certainly slipped at the Wagga Daily to have this poor excuse for a journalist writing garbage like that. Then again just look at the lineup of deadbeats writing sports columns in the Tele.

This is what he looks like

1650773.jpg

He has a head like a Steeden! maybe he has been kicked around to often and thus the reason he is speaking so much tripe!!

Gee, this idiot has moved up in the world, did his cadetship at the Telegraph in the 70's and now does a piss poor sports column in the Wagga Advertiser, WOW!, he must be good.

Peter C said:
Gee, this idiot has moved up in the world, did his cadetship at the Telegraph in the 70's and now does a piss poor sports column in the Wagga Advertiser, WOW!, he must be good.
Well, he had to put his tongue in a couple of cheeks to get this far.:p

Moondog said:
Peter C said:
Well, he had to put his tongue in a couple of cheeks to get this far.:p

And a very well lubricated tongue it must be too for him to have followed through and inserted his entire head up his own arse.

Berkeley_Eagle said:
This is what he looks like

1650773.jpg

Looks like Les is enjoying a little "special country time" with a cattle prod firmly planted up his arse.

bob dylan said:
I should add that the article continued on saying Souths and Parra (he went out o a limb there) have no chance of winning the comp. Finishing up with how Todd Carney will be a senational signing, just what the Sharks have needed for years.

Yep, he's a Shark supporter.

Or an alcoholic

The Who said:
I took this approach, and received a reply:
Les,
Your name is familiar. Did you do your cadetship in Sydney at one of the News Ltd papers?
I did mine at The Sun in the 1970s, and was trained to be objective, report only the facts and not provide opinions.
Your diatribe against the RL premiers, Manly, contradicts everything you must have been taught. It really is poor journalism, and I’m appalled that your standards have slipped so low.

Thanks (The Who) for the feedback
Yes, I did do my cadetship at the Telegraph around that time.
And I certainly hope or believe my standards have slipped. The column was intended as light-hearted and touch in cheek.

(I think he meant to say that his standards have NOT slipped, and that it was tongue-in-cheek)
I wish to nominate The Who as our official translator of the Wagga Waste Paper. As a current or former journo The Who is our closest relative [but obviously not related] to this quaint species which is characterised, mainly by some News Limited sports reporter staff, by big mouths, small brains and big egos.

Muir the Sage 'Manly will be put in their rightful place this year!' Back to back NRL Premiers :D

Im mystified by the non-Warringans' constant reference to an implosion.
The same Manly Players will continue bashing the Pretenders to their knees in 2012,Muir's worst nightmare Part III :p

I emailed this to Mr Muir, will post his reply if I get one.

Sports Editor
Daily Advertiser

I very rarely respond to any articles in the press but after reading your attempt at sports journalism I felt I the need to email you and I am quite certain that I wont be the only one that does so, you have really ruffled some feathers.

I am one of those soul-less beings who supports Manly and have done so for over 50 years through the highs and lows, and according to you, I am immune to human emotion.

I personally take great offence at what you have written, I could lower myself to your standards and write insulting comments about you as rugby league supporter but I am a better person than that.

I have no problem you bagging Manly as a team, but when you personally insult me as a fan..well that's a new low, I think its called Gutter Journalism and you sir, have now achieved it.

Earnie
Goulburn NSW

He instantly made me sick with his waffle about integrity - this reject has none. Theres no doubt this clown has issues , anyone with such hate for success is often the person who has never tasted that winning feeling & as a kid probably had his head flushed in the toilets after losing his position of orange peeler at high school. His article is about as attractive as his false teeth & the stray orange cat he killed & stuck on his Mr Ed.

If he is a Sharks supporter I can excuse his warped view of reality. Imagine the trauma of watching your team smitten, 3 grand finals against the same opponent and zero wins. :huh:

Seriously we should have some compassion for the likes of this fellow, probably suffering post-traumatic stress or some other psychological disorder, all due to wanting his team to have a chance.

There are many like him of course, but not all have the power & influence he wields as sport editor for the Wagga Daily. :s

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2