Football Club response to Sea Eagles request for less than 10 games at Brookie

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
We don't want to love the club to death, easy for those to say get rid of Scott Penn but who takes over? Potentially we could be the Perth Sea a Eagles if we go broke or the Penns hand back the license. Then what will you FC do??

I agree with a lot of the points above, provide some detail and it can be considered.

How do they provide detail without the details required? They do not have the ins and outs of the financials required.

With no communication from the club this is all just Hypothetical. And that's the saddest part, something we have been apart of all our lives is keeping us in the dark on the facts.
In the last few years the club has not been losing millions per year but maybe 100k here and 500k another year, one year there was a profit! We have not had massive blow-outs, and the Penns made a nice profit by buying the league's club cheap and selling it at top dollar, so for the owners of a professional sports team in Australia to be breaking even or better is amazing when you look at the landscape nationally. And with the increases in nrl grants being spoken about the Penns economic future outlook for Manly is safe to say the least.

So why are there reports they want to take games away from our home?

Ok someone explain to me how a full slate of games at Brookie is financially viable?

People need to realise the Penn's own the club and can pretty do as they please. This is an unavoidable truth. So bury your heads in the sand and bitch and moan or move past the sooking about the sad state of affairs and come up with something that you think works.

A lot people here are stuck at anger and denial as far as the 5 stages of grief go. Get over yourselves and accept what is and let's try to work out how to make this club we all want and love.

My goodness.
They run the club all year into the ground by sacking staff and the coach causing big payouts.
They put off people going to the game and lowered morale among the fan bass.
They piss sponsors off so they all want to pull there money.
They stuff the halves contracts and then back flip and have to make a massive offer for cheery when they could of had him cheaper.
They then tell 14 players to get lost for next year including Balin who they just signed.
They then look at the balance sheet and say ,oh dear what do we do to clean up our mess .
Ah lets take something that's worth lots but not ours to cover losses. Games away from brookie that's owned by the football club members.
I say you made the mess Penn so you wright the cheque to cover it.
You say run it into the ground, I say house cleaning. No new owner gains control and maintains the status quo. They will always boot out the old and bring in their own crew. Has this seriously never happened to anyone else at work? **** me.

How do they provide detail without the details required? They do not have the ins and outs of the financials required.
Read the last paragraph around penn/sea eagles taking a proposal to FC members for a vote -?i would assume part of the spin would be how many dollars they make out of the fame/a being taken away above and beyond the two games now

Ok someone explain to me how a full slate of games at Brookie is financially viable?

People need to realise the Penn's own the club and can pretty do as they please. This is an unavoidable truth. So bury your heads in the sand and bitch and moan or move past the sooking about the sad state of affairs and come up with something that you think works.

A lot people here are stuck at anger and denial as far as the 5 stages of grief go. Get over yourselves and accept what is and let's try to work out how to make this club we all want and love..
It is our home ground we love and want !!!!!!

A lot people here are stuck at anger and denial as far as the 5 stages of grief go. Get over yourselves and accept what is and let's try to work out how to make this club we all want and love.

Come on mate you are a Penn or a good friend of them. You keep batting there line no matter what they say and do .

I usually agree with a lot of your
posts loobs and your obviously a passionate supporter but I don't agree this time.
You don't own a rugby league club to make profit, you own it cause you love it!! Penns knew what they were getting into. Brookvale IS Manly and if we take most games away from there then the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles that we all love will cease to exist, it will just be the Sea Eagles and that's just not acceptable.
And from a personal point of view, taking games to say central coast would benefit myself as I live in newcastle but I HATE that idea!

Why do we all of a sudden need to make a profit? The goal should be to break even, that's it.
And the argument that we would also cease to exist if the Penns pulled out if the club just doesn't fly with me. I'm of the belief that there would be others to filled the void, why wouldn't there be? It is the greatest club on planet earth after all.
Just my opinion though...

I usually agree with a lot of your
posts loobs and your obviously a passionate supporter but I don't agree this time.
You don't own a rugby league club to make profit, you own it cause you love it!! Penns knew what they were getting into. Brookvale IS Manly and if we take most games away from there then the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles that we all love will cease to exist, it will just be the Sea Eagles and that's just not acceptable.
And from a personal point of view, taking games to say central coast would benefit myself as I live in newcastle but I HATE that idea!

Why do we all of a sudden need to make a profit? The goal should be to break even, that's it.
And the argument that we would also cease to exist if the Penns pulled out if the club just doesn't fly with me. I'm of the belief that there would be others to filled the void, why wouldn't there be? It is the greatest club on planet earth after all.
Just my opinion though...
8 games is plenty till they sort out the mess that's Brookie. That's a number that benefits everyone. Take away games that are poor draws, aim for Sunday arvos for the games we have. Penns make money on the 4 moved games, fans get Brookie at its best. How doesn't that work?

Read the last paragraph around penn/sea eagles taking a proposal to FC members for a vote -?i would assume part of the spin would be how many dollars they make out of the fame/a being taken away above and beyond the two games now

Risky assumption - it would be like a government giving opposition figures - biased towards the end goal.

I site the Brookie needs 125K to break even rubbish they tossed up. That figure completely ignored the incomes from memberships (ticketed members), corporate boxes, sponsors, signage for Brookie, it was only comparison of gate takings.

By moving an extra game away the would claim we make 100K but would ignore the reduction in membership income, sposorship etc as you don't get as many brookie games in the package.

8 games is plenty till they sort out the mess that's Brookie. That's a number that benefits everyone. Take away games that are poor draws, aim for Sunday arvos for the games we have. Penns make money on the 4 moved games, fans get Brookie at its best. How doesn't that work?

Simple - you lose money on the reduction in sponsorship, ticketed memberships, signage etc.

No way would I pay the same amount for 8 games as I would for 10 games as I currently do and you can bet all those local sponsors would be even less likely.

• 🤝
Reactions: Rex
Simple - you lose money on the reduction in sponsorship, ticketed memberships, signage etc.

No way would I pay the same amount for 8 games as I would for 10 games as I currently do and you can bet all those local sponsors would be even less likely.
They'd probably alter the memberships to accommodate that. ****, I never said I had all the answers here. Everything is opinion only. I just want the club to thrive and if that means moving a couple of games until they sort out what's happening with Brookie so be it. And I love the place as much as the next guy. I paid a lot of money to get a paver there so that one day my kids can look at it and feel a connection to the ground and team. But I love the club above that and want them to a team that not just challenges for the title each year, but that is the best club on and off the field. And if that means some tough calls in regards to... whatever, I'll probably be on board because I'm a "for the greater good" kind of person...

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8