Finals Week 2 - Cowboys v Rorters

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
the mauler said:
I hope our halves take a leaf out of Thurston's book. He was unbelievable tonight, he was in everything and just never gave up even when they were down by 30.

JT got creamed late by Guerra at least 4 times as he kicked and was in the air - no penalty :mad:

What was bleeding obvious all night was that Nein never commented on any of the inumerable Rorters forward passes. :huh:
Yet when the Cows threw one, lo and behold there was a dissertation :dodgy:

Obviously they lost the game by allwing in 30 points in 30 minutes.
However, none of the headlines scream about the Rorters defence in the next 50 minutes - they let in 30 points ;)

Rabbids should get them next week, if they have fixed their mental blocks about Finals footy :sleepy:

HappilyManly said:
the mauler said:
I hope our halves take a leaf out of Thurston's book. He was unbelievable tonight, he was in everything and just never gave up even when they were down by 30.

JT got creamed late by Guerra at least 4 times as he kicked and was in the air - no penalty :mad:

What was bleeding obvious all night was that Nein never commented on any of the inumerable Rorters forward passes. :huh:
Yet when the Cows threw one, lo and behold there was a dissertation :dodgy:

Obviously they lost the game by allwing in 30 points in 30 minutes.
However, none of the headlines scream about the Rorters defence in the next 50 minutes - they let in 30 points ;)

Rabbids should get them next week, if they have fixed their mental blocks about Finals footy :sleepy:

Why would the hacks write anything about the Rorters piss poor defence??
Their too busy doing a hatchet job on Manly again on the day of their biggest game of the year.
:mad:

Knock on, no try. They already had 2 dubious tries awarded to them with that forward pass and that tackle of Mini in mid air. Did they think gifts came in 3s. Winners are grinners and we'll smash the vermin like we did 3 weeks. As for Manly, well :D Good Luck !

JT got creamed late by Guerra at least 4 times as he kicked and was in the air - no penalty

Yet the same referee in the grand final last year penalised Ballin for the slightest contact on a Rorters kicker. It gave them field position to get back into the game.

Roger_Ramjet said:
Knock on, no try. They already had 2 dubious tries awarded to them with that forward pass and that tackle of Mini in mid air. Did they think gifts came in 3s. Winners are grinners and we'll smash the vermin like we did 3 weeks. As for Manly, well :D Good Luck !

Scoring from forward passes?? Seriously Rog that's one thing you can not ever complain about. The Rorters have made an art form of it and won a premiership with a gridiron pass.
Your just lucky your biggest supporter Shame Hayne got you out of trouble again.
SBW knock on halfway,Friends gridiron pass to SBW, the backpackers shepard in front of his own posts. That's 3 dud calls in the last 10 minutes, got you out of gaol.
Thank your lucky stars champ because you should be out the back door after butchering a 30 point lead!!
But we all knew Shame Hayne wasn't about to let that happen.:shy:

the mauler said:
Roger_Ramjet said:

Scoring from forward passes?? Seriously Rog that's one thing you can not ever complain about. The Rorters have made an art form of it and won a premiership with a gridiron pass.
Your just lucky your biggest supporter Shame Hayne got you out of trouble again.
SBW knock on halfway,Friends gridiron pass to SBW, the backpackers shepard on front of his own posts. That's 3 dud calls on the last 10 minutes, which got you out of gaol.
Thank your lucky stars champ because you should be out the back door after butchering a 30 point lead!!
But we all knew Shame Hayne wasn't about to let that happen.:shy:

Come on Mauler. I'm saying that yes it was a forward pass then and now and the refs awarded them incorrectly. I'm trying to state that they had some lucky calls in those two tries as well so all the whining that that last play wasn't a knock on from them and they got ripped off, is hypocritical in the context of that game. I would be angry had we lost due to those two tries, lucky we didn't.

Manly like the Roosters, like any other team have suffered and benefited from wrong calls many many times, some like souffs, are more beneficial from the refs but thats another story. I would like all calls in a game to be correct but unfortunately they cant cause the NRL can't make up their mind. If Manly get a wrong call today which costs them the game, I'm not going to go 'Sucked in manly cause you got a wrong call in favor 2 years ago". I want to see teams, any teams lose because they were beaten by the better team and not some pinko or vidiot. Had we lost last night through great play and no controversy, I would have been content.

BTW, I read in the Chookpen that Foz is wanting to join Pearce. Whats your mail guys?

:D

EaglesDontTweet said:
Roger_Ramjet said:
BTW, I read in the Chookpen that Foz is wanting to join Pearce. Whats your mail guys?

There's another thread here somewhere Rog suggesting that Pearce wants to join Foz.:)

Chinese whispers eh? I think Foran coming East is better for us than the other way around for you...then again I should stop bagging Jnr Jnr...he's been playing well lately

rothfield complaining about the poor crowd.

Apparently this time it is the nrl's fault.....but no mention that it could possibly be that roosters and cowboys fans don't travel!

Never been one to buy into the Cows whinge. They were ripped off last as the oh-hyphened one dropped the ball. It should not have been a penalty that got the rorters into FG position.
Thurston late try 50/50 but of course all the luck with the chooks.
I believe the rorters runaway try to the winger was off a forward pass.
Steggles Hayne smiling with the rorters throughout the game, WTF???
JT did botch an almost certain try to the cows earlier. Shame.
He was very controlled after the game and I don't think Tallis should have tried to badger him for comments.

Brissie Kid said:
JT got creamed late by Guerra at least 4 times as he kicked and was in the air - no penalty

Yet the same referee in the grand final last year penalised Ballin for the slightest contact on a Rorters kicker. It gave them field position to get back into the game.

YES !!!!

i remember that... makes you wonder when rumors are out their about brown paper bags !

niccipops said:
Never been one to buy into the Cows whinge. They were ripped off last as the oh-hyphened one dropped the ball. It should not have been a penalty that got the rorters into FG position.
Thurston late try 50/50 but of course all the luck with the chooks.
I believe the rorters runaway try to the winger was off a forward pass.
Steggles Hayne smiling with the rorters throughout the game, WTF???
JT did botch an almost certain try to the cows earlier. Shame.
He was very controlled after the game and I don't think Tallis should have tried to badger him for comments.

So the poor cows didn't receive any favourite calls? How about the 2nd try from a blatant forward pass or the tackle of Mini in mid air to go to a drop out in which then they scored a try from the 6 the cows got?
Didn't hear any comments from the commentators about your supposed forward pass to the winger? Now your going to tell me that the commentators favour the chooks? :dodgy:

The crowd was an embarrassment. The game's health is in the hands of bankers and TV executives. Good luck.

As painful as it is, well-won Chooks with that first 30-mins of domination, seemingly all but claiming the win with a 30-0 lead

Was so sweet to see the tide turn so dramatically with the Cows coming back to even it up, even with a bit of luck thier way.
Made the game quite enthralling, instead of something to almost turn off.

Honestly, that ball deflection off Lui's arm in the last min looked slightly forward and similar deflections have been called a knock-on in other instances - so the refs having called an initial No Try and it standing was fair enough.
..As much as I wanted it the other way!

How GOOD would it have been if Lui didn't touch it, Thurston scored, and the Chooks taken out in that massive come-back?!?
Sadly, it wasn't to be.

Positive notes: Most of the reffing appeared OK for mine, sure there were a few missed calls, and a few hits on kickers that seem to have been more penalized in the past, but all up mostly reasonable;
Aaaaaaannd the last QLD team is GOOOOONE.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8