Finals Week 2 - Cowboys v Rorters

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
You have got to laugh at the cowboys though. Always the victim. They will be sobbing profusely tomorrow. Kinda funny that it's never that they choke in big games it's always some great conspiracy. Don't let the opposition score 30 points for a start then you don't have to rely on some miracle play.to win.

If Manly don't get into the GF I personally could care less who wins.....so long as Souffs don't even make it there. It'll be bad enough if they play the GF....worse if they win.

In one sense, at least this time Thurston might have something legit to cry about.

As for Fittler? I've been saying for 2 years that he has no business commentating on football games, radio or television. I still hold that opinion. He's only there because he's Brad Fittler. If the job was actually chosen on talent.........

100% knock on.

I actually think the refs weren't that bad tonight. The SBW knock on was more contentious but I actually think it was a good call on second viewing.

Masked Eagle said:
100% knock on.

I actually think the refs weren't that bad tonight. The SBW knock on was more contentious but I actually think it was a good call on second viewing.

The shepard and gridiron passes?? They were pathetic as per usual.

So just to review -

Massive shepherd lead to half break then SBW knocks on playing the ball and gets a penalty. Next set SBW over the line off a forward pass and lost it (knock on) then got it back then put it down short. Video ref calls 3rd tackle and Maloney kicks the FG. Last minute Thurston scores ridiculous try. Hayne wanted to call knock on then goes to video signaling no try. Video ref agrees. Just wow. Looked knocked back to me - and I wanted a Roosters win... I think... well I do next week anyway...

Cue hand of foz references and even Joey claiming that cost Cowboys the game in 2012.

HoldenV8 said:
As for Fittler? I've been saying for 2 years that he has no business commentating on football games, radio or television. I still hold that opinion. He's only there because he's Brad Fittler. If the job was actually chosen on talent.........
Agree. Fittler would be alright talking Footy at a BBQ you were at, but as far as TV goes, forget it.

panash said:
Cowboys were robbed

Not by that last decision unfortunately it went forward.

However a clear Shepard 30 metres out from right in front wasn't given.

Then that sbw dropped the ball cold got a penalty . . Field goal game over

Hate the roosters almost like the scumdogs.

Hopefully souths beat them.

If manly can't win it. Bunnies all the way !!

the mauler said:
Turning point was the backpackers shepard right in front of the posts 20 out!! How the ... did they not give that a penalty?
Stitch up!!

Lol. Backpacker !!!!! Gold

Bunnies?!?! Wash your mouth out!

wedgetail eagle said:
HoldenV8 said:
Agree. Fittler would be alright talking Footy at a BBQ you were at, but as far as TV goes, forget it.

Fitter is a boof head and an embarrassment to the game, but then that's a Nein requirement isn't it .

For the benefit of those of us overseas, could someone please tell us about the whinge Thurston had post-game about their loss. Who he blamed, was it a big tantrum etc

I didn't watch it.

Not much of an interest.

I'll be watching next week though.

Will there be anything worse that a Vermin win ? I'd rather see the Rooters go back to back than put up with a pride of the league jiz-fest.

ALinda said:
EaglesDontTweet said:
ALinda said:
Kiwi Eagle said:
There is going to be a riot here !

Couldn't blame them. Just hope that doesn't happen to us!

Watch last years Grand Final

I did, I was there! Talking about now - guess I should've said 'again' which I've now added.

Apologies @ALinda, wasn't meant to be derogatory to you. Still P'd off about last year. Cheers mate.

Lord Eagleton said:
From the little i have read it sounds like another standard NRL ref performance. Refs deciding the game again eh

In close games in any sport you can always point to the decision of an official and say it cost one team the game but I thought the refs were OK tonight. There have definitely been blunders alot bigger than any made tonight. Most were 50/50 calls and from where I sat on my lounge I thought they got most of them right.

the mauler said:
I hope our halves take a leaf out of Thurston's book. He was unbelievable tonight, he was in everything and just never gave up even when they were down by 30.
This - if they fire the season is not over .

Lord Eagleton said:
For the benefit of those of us overseas, could someone please tell us about the whinge Thurston had post-game about their loss. Who he blamed, was it a big tantrum etc
Thurston didn't say much at all immediately after, CH9's Tallis tried to draw him on it, saying, Foran's hand, the 7 tackles, now this but he said FA really.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8