Finals Week 2 - Cowboys v Rorters

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
So the rabbits and chooks have proved one thing for sure. Even with big leads, they are both capable of being run down. The Panthers will be glad to see that.

Roger_Ramjet said:
So the poor cows didn't receive any favourite calls? How about the 2nd try from a blatant forward pass or the tackle of Mini in mid air to go to a drop out in which then they scored a try from the 6 the cows got?
Didn't hear any comments from the commentators about your supposed forward pass to the winger? Now your going to tell me that the commentators favour the chooks? :dodgy:
Lol. I did say 'I believe' so that's my interpretation and the commentators, Gus Gould - ex rorters, Freddy - seriously? Mini's feet had actually touched the ground before he was tackled, watch without the blinkers.
What about Thurston being hit late constantly? Not noticed I suppose. Just my interpretation Roger.
Does Kevvy-Shayne Hayne come to your team bonding events? How quick was he to award the SBW no try!P
JWH let me down last night by not getting sent off.:p

EaglesDontTweet said:
BTW, I read in the Chookpen that Foz is wanting to join Pearce. Whats your mail guys?

Pearce and Foz are both going to Parra to play with Choc under Brad Arthur.

I don't really think any of those hits on Thurston were late, and all were proper hits rather than a shoulder so I had no issue with those ones

Kiwi Eagle said:
I don't really think any of those hits on Thurston were late, and all were proper hits rather than a shoulder so I had no issue with those ones
Kiwi, don't talk any sense. I'm just having some anti-rorters fun.;) I'll probably even make some events up soon.:p
I have no loyalties to the cows.

Roger_Ramjet said:
the mauler said:
Roger_Ramjet said:
Knock on, no try. They already had 2 dubious tries awarded to them with that forward pass and that tackle of Mini in mid air. Did they think gifts came in 3s. Winners are grinners and we'll smash the vermin like we did 3 weeks. As for Manly, well :D Good Luck !

Scoring from forward passes?? Seriously Rog that's one thing you can not ever complain about. The Rorters have made an art form of it and won a premiership with a gridiron pass.
Your just lucky your biggest supporter Shame Hayne got you out of trouble again.
SBW knock on halfway,Friends gridiron pass to SBW, the backpackers shepard on front of his own posts. That's 3 dud calls on the last 10 minutes, which got you out of gaol.
Thank your lucky stars champ because you should be out the back door after butchering a 30 point lead!!
But we all knew Shame Hayne wasn't about to let that happen.:shy:

Come on Mauler. I'm saying that yes it was a forward pass then and now and the refs awarded them incorrectly. I'm trying to state that they had some lucky calls in those two tries as well so all the whining that that last play wasn't a knock on from them and they got ripped off, is hypocritical in the context of that game. I would be angry had we lost due to those two tries, lucky we didn't.

Manly like the Roosters, like any other team have suffered and benefited from wrong calls many many times, some like souffs, are more beneficial from the refs but thats another story. I would like all calls in a game to be correct but unfortunately they cant cause the NRL can't make up their mind. If Manly get a wrong call today which costs them the game, I'm not going to go 'Sucked in manly cause you got a wrong call in favor 2 years ago". I want to see teams, any teams lose because they were beaten by the better team and not some pinko or vidiot. Had we lost last night through great play and no controversy, I would have been content.

BTW, I read in the Chookpen that Foz is wanting to join Pearce. Whats your mail guys?

:D

So Roger Ramjet, you are saying the knock on by Minichello in last year's grand-final and the forward passes should have been called back as well.

Well for once RR you and I agree on something. Well said and well done.

By the way - which knock on was more blatant? Minichello in 2013 or last night?

If you don't agree RR just take another performance enhancing 'proton pill.'

Do you remember the theme song for Roger Ramjet? Sung of course to the same tune as the famous American song, 'Yankee Doodle Dandy' but in a more war-like beat.

"Roger Ramjet and his EAGLES fighting for our freedom.
Fly through in and out of space not to join em but to beat em.

Blah blah blah.

The lost third verse says in part;

When Ramjet takes his proton pill the crooks begin to worry.
They can't escape their awful fate from proton's mighty fury."

Although I do note that a search on Google has slightly less drug enhancing lyrics now.

But remember the proton pill gave Roger the power of 20 atom bombs for 30 seconds.

In any event RR you are following the wrong team because I don't know too many chocks that take performance enhancing drugs. Although I suppose there are other teams that have done this.

Since they appear to have no salary cap and players are playing for less than the minimum wage which even the player's managers are happy with by the way, ASADA anyone? :D

EaglesDontTweet said:
Roger_Ramjet said:

There's another thread here somewhere Rog suggesting that Pearce wants to join Foz.:)

What I'd say to that is Pearce off. Stay with the chocks.

Daddycool08 said:
Roger_Ramjet said:
the mauler said:
Roger_Ramjet said:
Knock on, no try. They already had 2 dubious tries awarded to them with that forward pass and that tackle of Mini in mid air. Did they think gifts came in 3s. Winners are grinners and we'll smash the vermin like we did 3 weeks. As for Manly, well :D Good Luck !

Scoring from forward passes?? Seriously Rog that's one thing you can not ever complain about. The Rorters have made an art form of it and won a premiership with a gridiron pass.
Your just lucky your biggest supporter Shame Hayne got you out of trouble again.
SBW knock on halfway,Friends gridiron pass to SBW, the backpackers shepard on front of his own posts. That's 3 dud calls on the last 10 minutes, which got you out of gaol.
Thank your lucky stars champ because you should be out the back door after butchering a 30 point lead!!
But we all knew Shame Hayne wasn't about to let that happen.:shy:

Come on Mauler. I'm saying that yes it was a forward pass then and now and the refs awarded them incorrectly. I'm trying to state that they had some lucky calls in those two tries as well so all the whining that that last play wasn't a knock on from them and they got ripped off, is hypocritical in the context of that game. I would be angry had we lost due to those two tries, lucky we didn't.

Manly like the Roosters, like any other team have suffered and benefited from wrong calls many many times, some like souffs, are more beneficial from the refs but thats another story. I would like all calls in a game to be correct but unfortunately they cant cause the NRL can't make up their mind. If Manly get a wrong call today which costs them the game, I'm not going to go 'Sucked in manly cause you got a wrong call in favor 2 years ago". I want to see teams, any teams lose because they were beaten by the better team and not some pinko or vidiot. Had we lost last night through great play and no controversy, I would have been content.

:D

So Roger Ramjet, you are saying the knock on by Minichello in last year's grand-final and the forward passes should have been called back as well.

Well for once RR you and I agree on something. Well said and well done.

By the way - which knock on was more blatant? Minichello in 2013 or last night?

If you don't agree RR just take another performance enhancing 'proton pill.'

Do you remember the theme song for Roger Ramjet? Sung of course to the same tune as the famous American song, 'Yankee Doodle Dandy' but in a more war-like beat.

"Roger Ramjet and his EAGLES fighting for our freedom.
Fly through in and out of space not to join em but to beat em.

Blah blah blah.

The lost third verse says in part;

When Ramjet takes his proton pill the crooks begin to worry.
They can't escape their awful fate from proton's mighty fury."

Although I do note that a search on Google has slightly less drug enhancing lyrics now.

But remember the proton pill gave Roger the power of 20 atom bombs for 30 seconds.

In any event RR you are following the wrong team because I don't know too many chocks that take performance enhancing drugs. Although I suppose there are other teams that have done this.

Since they appear to have no salary cap and players are playing for less than the minimum wage which even the player's managers are happy with by the way, ASADA anyone? :D

EaglesDontTweet said:
Roger_Ramjet said:

There's another thread here somewhere Rog suggesting that Pearce wants to join Foz.:)

What I'd say to that is Pearce off. Stay with the chocks.

All I say is that any cows or their temporary band of supporters going on how they were sooo haaaard done by, well they got a few dodgy calls themselves...I didn't know about this one but I heard Gyrdler on triple M this arvo saying that Lui's try were he forced it with his butt, back, shoulder, nose and then hand was a knock on...now I'm not clear about the rule but these guys who comment on the game professionally have a different opinion to other commentators and officials therefore this is another decision that the cows got their way so please, don't cry for me cowboys cause you got your fare share of dodgy decisions...Dig it?:cool:

niccipops said:
Roger_Ramjet said:
So the poor cows didn't receive any favourite calls? How about the 2nd try from a blatant forward pass or the tackle of Mini in mid air to go to a drop out in which then they scored a try from the 6 the cows got?
Didn't hear any comments from the commentators about your supposed forward pass to the winger? Now your going to tell me that the commentators favour the chooks? :dodgy:
Lol. I did say 'I believe' so that's my interpretation and the commentators, Gus Gould - ex rorters, Freddy - seriously? Mini's feet had actually touched the ground before he was tackled, watch without the blinkers.
What about Thurston being hit late constantly? Not noticed I suppose. Just my interpretation Roger.
Does Kevvy-Shayne Hayne come to your team bonding events? How quick was he to award the SBW no try!P
JWH let me down last night by not getting sent off.:p

You know 99% of the posters at the chookpen are against Gus cause he goes out of his way to show he's not aligned to us anymore and I agree he goes out of his way but personally i don't care. As for Rabbs, he's also anti-Rooster according to us but again, I don't give a XXXX. Much like the Kennels, and souths people they all whinge about how Nine are pro Roosters, Souths, Manly, Dogs, Storm etc etc etc... Everyone has an issue with them, except me cause I don't get worked up about what they say.

As Mini. No No no...he was still in the air he was grabbed and then pushed into the try line.

The SBW Try-No Try, well the ref did give it a try yet the video ref looked at it 25 times :D and then overturned it. Well he looked at it a few too many times to show that he wasn't sure therefore the fact that Hayne, that big Manly fan, gave it a try, it should have been awarded a try.

Like I said, the cows got a few lucky calls that became tries so 'cry me a river' cows :D

Roger_Ramjet said:
Like I said, the cows got a few lucky calls that became tries so 'cry me a river' cows :D
They can cry me a river too 'cause I don't really give a ****e about the cows. I just dislike them less than your rorters.:p
Steggles Hayne likes you guys though. I hope you pay him well.;)

The pass to put sbw over when he was held up was forward. They kick a field goal in that set. That was a dud decision.

niccipops said:
Roger_Ramjet said:
They can cry me a river too 'cause I don't really give a ****e about the cows. I just dislike them less than your rorters.:p
Steggles Hayne likes you guys though. I hope you pay him well.;)

Steggles and Uncle Nick

Best mates

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4