Extraordinary General Meeting of MWDRLFC

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
swoop said:
Matabele said:
swoop said:
Matabele said:
Jobs for the boys?

If zorba gets a gig is it also classed as job for the boys? or do we have a different term?

Now, let me see. A guy who played with the club, won premierships, worked in the place for 40 years and has excellent relationships with ex-players over decades and current players, including club legends and coaches, has contacts (and admittedly a few enemies) in media. Or Vidmar.

Hmmmm Tough choice.

Is it classed as job for the boys? I'm not convinced by either side.

Yes, he has great relationships with players, so we vote him in on that credential? Bozo ticks all those boxes aswell and is not related to the Penns. That's my concern.

I don't know anything about Vidmar but as I said he has put his case forward unlike you with one liners.

I want what's best for the club and if Fulton was part of the mix I'd consider him before anyone else. I know he's a staunch supporter of Zorba but I don't think Bozo would just be a yes man for the Penns.

Mata will never answer you.

You see he used to be Zorba's biggest critic with weekly posts calling for his head but then Penn chucks some money his way and silence..... talk about a puppet.

I'm signing off from this thread now as it has resorted to personal attacks and key board sniping which is counter productive and achieves nothing.

People had questions which I tried to answer with facts (no spin - everything I posted was fact) to help them understand some of the things that had happened.

Sorry if some of my posts were too long for some but there was a bit to cover.

The Truth - I offered to speak with you but you've declined and instead snipe from behind your keyboard so I'm not overly impressed with your diplomacy so far but let's see how you go? - get your numbers together, follow the due process and stand at the next election as is your right.

If there is a good credible group of people with the right skills and right intentions then happy to see them involved and they will certainly have my support.

Others, The elections are in December - put your hand up if you want to stand for a position or vote for your choice if you are able to.

Despite Mata's "Jobs for the boys" claim - any member with voting rights can stand for a position (Be mindful there is no payment, the hours are irregular and can take up a chunk of your time and of course you can't please all the people all the time so bring a thick skin!)

If you are not a Football Club member hopefully situations like this will underline the importance of being one - as a supporter it is an important aspect in being able to influence and have a say on the future of your club.

If you don't want to be on the board but want to join the volunteers that help with all manner of stuff that we do from game day events, travel and member assistance, former player liaison, Men of League representation, researching club history, securing sponsorship, Brooky Oval development, developing and administering junior league in the district and working with the Sea Eagles to help with all manner of tasks or even just turning snags on fan days then happy to hear from you?

A number of people have called me directly or sent me emails/texts asking how they can help or who wanted to discuss things and happy to continue to communicate that way so please feel free to get in contact?

vidmar said:
I'm signing off from this thread now as it has resorted to personal attacks and key board sniping which is counter productive and achieves nothing.

Hear Hear!

vidmar said:
If you are not a Football Club member hopefully situations like this will underline the importance of being one - as a supporter it is an important aspect in being able to influence and have a say on the future of your club.

And hear hear.

Despite threats and name calling from the keystone cops that are the football club board the number of people committed to sign for this meeting has tonight hit 82 we only require 18 more to hold Bob and his stooges accountable.

If you have had enough please email [email protected]

At the end of the day our dual premiership winning coach walked due to a dispute. He says it was due issues with the board and we need one owner. It is not hard to draw the dots to see where he believes the issue lies. I guess maybe the coach was the problem and was unrealistic in his demands however if that was the case the football club should say so.

Heads should roll so we don't have this crap going forward.

The Truth said:
Despite threats and name calling from the keystone cops that are the football club board the number of people committed to sign for this meeting has tonight hit 82 we only require 18 more to hold Bob and his stooges accountable.

Don't you need 140 signatures?

Matabele said:
The Truth said:

First it was 40, than 50, than 100, than 140. I'm not as angry with the board as I was initially, mainly because I think Des still could have stayed. That being said, I'd feel more confident about doing something to oust the current board if the people trying to organise a meeting to oust them had an idea about how to do it. If they are unable to accurately notify people how many signatures are needed, I have little faith in them being able to make a decision on who better it is to represent us.

Matabele said:
The Truth said:

Ooh look, Matabele can't be The Truth because he is replying to him.

Well done Mata, not even Sherlock will see through that one.

Canteen Worker said:
Westbec, how many FC members are needed to call a EGM and what did the board think tonight of the plan of Scott Penn to legally challenge the purchase of the Quantum shares from Surfside?

40, 100, 140 - who cares, there is going to be an AGM in December anyway. But if some members are determined to have an EGM, I am sure they will work out the process and make it happen.

As for Penn's latest maneuver, fantastic news. Should help bring the shareholders together (well some of them at least).

I agree with the suggestion to wait till December - hopefully there can be an explanation from various groups as to what is going on.

In the end, I would like to see the right outcome from all this, which is a workable board, a cohesive football club, a unified front and a financially viable Manly at Manly.

LOL @ people thinking Matas is "The Truth"
LOL @ people using other aliases, where are you balls
LOL @ people thinking I can't work out exactly who is who
LOL @ this entire thread

By the way, I don't really care who wins out in this "war" as long as someone does, we need unification, and whatever form that comes in is pretty much irrelevant, though it should be the person with the deepest pockets, because we are going to need money.

As for the AGM vs the EGM, history tells us, you need to strike whilst the iron is hot. If you wait until December, the waters become too diluted.

It seems there are spies on both sides as well, interesting times, it seems some people jumped a long way ahead in The Art of War, but for those not familiar

http://www.4hb.com/0850sun-tzu-art-war-13.html

oh and LOL @ all the people now reading "The Art of War" quotes

• 👍
Reactions: Si
Daniel said:
LOL @ this entire thread

By the way, I don't really care who wins out in this "war" as long as someone does, we need unification, and whatever form that comes in is pretty much irrelevant, though it should be the person with the deepest pockets, because we are going to need money.

As for the AGM vs the EGM, history tells us, you need to strike whilst the iron is hot. If you wait until December, the waters become too diluted.

It seems there are spies on both sides as well, interesting times, it seems some people jumped a long way ahead in The Art of War, but for those not familiar

Logical and Wise words Dan very well said.Now let us all change the subject and get excited about back to back premierships !!!

Daniel said:
LOL @ this entire thread

If you are aware of people using multiple aliases, perhaps they should be named and shamed.

Masked Eagle said:
Daniel said:
LOL @ this entire thread

If you are aware of people using multiple aliases, perhaps they should be named and shamed.

half the members could lose their credibility. It would also detract from my impartiality in the entire debate.

What I am finding amusing is that both sides are applying the same argument and the barbs being thrown about people essentially being seduced by the FC applies exactly to the other side of the argument. Not that that takes any credence away from either side though.

I do have an opinion in this entire matter and I do have a belief in who should win out. However I am not sure how many would share my reasoning for it.

I also think the argument of "Penn wants to take Manly away from Brookvale" is stale, irrelevant and a complete furphy.

The issue I also have with this is that I am a business minded individual, and if survival comes at the cost of moving to a new home ground, temporarily or permanently then so be it.

However under the current constitution and structure, this just can not happen, nor could it happen if Penn had a greater share of the votes. Fans just won't let that happen.

When all is said and done, it comes down to the following.

Would you prefer survival at any cost, or would you prefer to fade into the history books like Norths, Western Suburb Magpies, Illawara, Newtown and so many others?

Personally if push comes to shove, I would rather play out of ANZ if it meant the clubs survival than to die out fighting to stay at Brookvale

Masked Eagle said:
Daniel said:
LOL @ this entire thread

But do we shame their real name or their alias (or both?).

The Truth seems like a real leader. Must follow the leader.

When all is said and done, it comes down to the following.

Would you prefer survival at any cost, or would you prefer to fade into the history books like Norths, Western Suburb Magpies, Illawara, Newtown and so many others?

Personally if push comes to shove, I would rather play out of ANZ if it meant the clubs survival than to die out fighting to stay at Brookvale

Best words said for a while.

I have supported the Sea Eagles since 1963...if I am really lucky I'll live another 25- 30 years, I want to be a Sea Eagles supporter until the day I die and if they have to play out of Timbucktoo to remain the Eagles then that's where I'd go!!

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8