Extraordinary General Meeting of MWDRLFC

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Mark from Brisbane said:
When all is said and done, it comes down to the following.

Would you prefer survival at any cost, or would you prefer to fade into the history books like Norths, Western Suburb Magpies, Illawara, Newtown and so many others?

Personally if push comes to shove, I would rather play out of ANZ if it meant the clubs survival than to die out fighting to stay at Brookvale

Best words said for a while.

I have supported the Sea Eagles since 1963...if I am really lucky I'll live another 25- 30 years, I want to be a Sea Eagles supporter until the day I die and if they have to play out of Timbucktoo to remain the Eagles then that's where I'd go!!

Add me to that!! We should fight as hard as possible for Brookie, but at the end of the day Manly away from Brookie is better than no Manly at all.

mcatt said:
Mark from Brisbane said:

Would you prefer survival at any cost, or would you prefer to fade into the history books like Norths, Western Suburb Magpies, Illawara, Newtown and so many others?

Personally if push comes to shove, I would rather play out of ANZ if it meant the clubs survival than to die out fighting to stay at Brookvale

I have supported the Sea Eagles since 1963...if I am really lucky I'll live another 25- 30 years, I want to be a Sea Eagles supporter until the day I die and if they have to play out of Timbucktoo to remain the Eagles then that's where I'd go!!

Add me to that!! We should fight as hard as possible for Brookie, but at the end of the day Manly away from Brookie is better than no Manly at all.

Would have to agree. Get it over with quickly.

We need this situation stable and sorted out well in advance of the footie season beginning - every month is vital.

The longer the whole thing drags out the more it will hurt Manly as the media plays it up for their own benefit (meaning of course both the FC situation and the Penn/Quantum/board thing)

Also it would not do the players' morale any good at all with the infighting (on the board) and media baying for blood, and it would be a bloody tragedy if we lost players who are on the verge of re-signing because of the turmoil. Or others like Foran started making overtures to other clubs because they didn't like what they were seeing ....

Daniel said:
It seems there are spies on both sides as well, interesting times, it seems some people jumped a long way ahead in The Art of War, but for those not familiar

http://www.4hb.com/0850sun-tzu-art-war-13.html

John Buchanan was way ahead of you.

Mark from Brisbane said:

I like what you have said here Mark, to me it seems that this post is for the different factions to justify their argument and its getting tiresome.

For myself, I just want to learn the truth in why we lost Des. How it will be avoided in future. How will the club will become financially viable to remain in the game and become a powerhouse far exceeding anything the Storm or Bronco's have achieved.

I'm sick of reading about the board issue's when all I want to hear about is how the team I / WE support is strong and united and will be here for a bloody long time to come.

I will support the team no matter what, I supported them through the beagles period and I will continue to do it till the day I die. At least I have left a legacy that I know my kids and nephews will all support the same team I supported and hopefully I will live long enough to see their kids so I can encourage them to support the same Sea Eagles team as I did.

OneEyedEagle said:
Mark from Brisbane said:

I like what you have said here Mark, to me it seems that this post is for the different factions to justify their argument and its getting tiresome.

For myself, I just want to learn the truth in why we lost Des. How it will be avoided in future. How will the club will become financially viable to remain in the game and become a powerhouse far exceeding anything the Storm or Bronco's have achieved.

I'm sick of reading about the board issue's when all I want to hear about is how the team I / WE support is strong and united and will be here for a bloody long time to come.

I will support the team no matter what, I supported them through the beagles period and I will continue to do it till the day I die. At least I have left a legacy that I know my kids and nephews will all support the same team I supported and hopefully I will live long enough to see their kids so I can encourage them to support the same Sea Eagles team as I did.

*cough* who said? *cough*

i'm gonna be really blunt and simplistic about it.
For me it comes down to money.
Because at the end of the day NRL clubs dont make money.

Thats why I lean towards to the penns, i our leagues club was a money making machine then i would back them.

I want the long term survial and success of our club.

Softcocks like The Truth and Westbec do nothing for their cause they both just make each side look silly.

Cambo said:
Softcocks like The Truth and Westbec do nothing for their cause they both just make each side look silly.

Exactly. I changed my username from Zaphod to Dan a long time ago (it became Daniel because of the new system, but I go by Dan.
My reasoning for this, is that I had no reason to hide and didn't want to bother hiding behind my keyboard and a username

Daniel said:
Cambo said:

Exactly. I changed my username from Zaphod to Dan a long time ago (it became Daniel because of the new system, but I go by Dan.
My reasoning for this, is that I had no reason to hide and didn't want to bother hiding behind my keyboard and a username

I need to stay as the Masked Eagle to protect my family from evil doers.

mcatt said:
Mark from Brisbane said:

I agree with this, but if you think this then really you should accept the FC is an irrelevance and should be abolished, particularly if it continues to be obstructionist. It only exists to hold a preference share to keep the club where it is.

We have no need to relocate completely. WE KEEP THE PREFERENCE SHARE!

There is no reason why we can't be the Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles playing 6 home games at Brookvale Oval with another 6 moved to bigger venues.

Let's face it, half of the games we wouldn't get big crowds anyway. 13,000-15,000 is a good crowd for Brookie which can be for the smaller clubs.

We can still take a game to Brisbane, New Zealand, Central Coast, SCG?, and a couple to the SFS. This could be used for games against Brisbane, New Zealand, Wests Tigers, Souths, Parramatta, StGeorge, Canterbury etc. Whichever club is riding high that we can cash in on the revenue at a bigger venue like the SFS. Even a "old-time" game against Parra at the SCG like they did a few years ago.

This way, we keep Manly at Brookvale for half the time and cash in on the other games.

It's a no brainer and we keep everyone happy.

People support Manly and chant Manly.........not Sea Eagles. We HAVE to keep the name and colours.

Daniel said:
How do you change? I did it recently (then changed back) but now I forget how I did it..

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Daniel said:

How do you change? I did it recently (then changed back) but now I forget how I did it..

Make sure you are logged into the front-end at http://www.silvertails.net then (on the front page, not the forums) and then use the following link:

http://www.silvertails.net/others/change-your-username

The SeaEagleRock8 said:
Thanks. I feel much more authoritative with 'The'.

Yeah. And as long as some unscrupulous person doesn't pinch your old username, then your new found authority is intact.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8