Do we have a bullying culture?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I think at board level and our administration side, there has been a culture of bullying. So many changes of CEO indicate that have been problems, I think on observation we have a few people in the club who are "my way or the highway" people and this can cause bullying.

Within the team, I am not so sure. I think the fact that we have invested so much in one player means that the coaching staff has to back this person as much as possible. The current divisions can be healed as long as there is a spirit of goodwill and that the players come together and show the form that we all know they are capable of.

More I read more I start to question Trent’s leadership and maybe he isn’t the right person to coach the club.
This week will be interesting

And if the captain is involved in bullying his position needs a review.

And Peter Peters should stop feeding the media information that is best kept in house. Why is he even still at the club? (Oh thats right blood is thicker than water).

No we don't it's all the medias fault they bullied DCE they also bullied Willie Peters I swear it's all the medias doing and the nrl they bullied us and made us rort the salary cap.
It's also the medias fault that the most successful club since 1970 plays out of a dilapidated home ground with no improvements insight that successive club officials have had head in the sand and done very little about except those great plans we release every season.
The media is also to blame for us churning through ceo's quicker than we churn through Prime Ministers.
I also blame the media and the nrl for Penn sacking a club legend in Toovey and replacing him with Barrett.
I blame the media and the nrl for getting DCE to backflip on his deal and give him a "lifetime" deal that was a panic move by rank amateurs.
I also blame the nrl and media for the cocojoy disaster yep the media were so unprofessional signing that deal
Finally I blame the media and the nrl for hiring Bozo to "turn" the club around what a success that has been he hired half his family we get done for rorting the cap and Bozo leaves thanks for the rebuild Bozo.
I know I sleep easier blaming the nrl and the media for our decline.

FMD, think of the players headspace AND sounds like they are considering suspending DCE!!

Lewis Brown to half back!!

Mate, I think you can guarantee that DCE won't be suspended as a result of this. If anything does happen you would be looking more so at counselling and a fine.

Happens everywhere and has been forever although now the PC police call practical joking/taking the piss etc "bullying" which is not really the correct term by definition but hey, it keeps people in their jobs and makes people feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

FMD, I've mentioned to my wife some of the stuff that happened to me and other apprentices years ago and she was shocked, nowadays the whole workshop would be hauled over the coals - apologies, mediation, counselling, blah, blah, blah.
It wouldn't have mattered that I was a little smartarse and they were just trying to teach me life skills - didn't take long 'til it stopped because I wasn't a little smartarse anymore - lessons learnt.

We all know someone that's the class clown, life of the party, funny drunk, the mate that loves a stupid dare and there's always a buddy that is the butt of jokes and they keep doing stuff that encourages this.

The world is full of different types of people thankfully, most just get on with life and there are others that just beat to their own drum regardless and will never get it - and the PC brigade expect the majority to make allowances for the minority.

Nothing to see here, move on.

No we don't it's all the medias fault they bullied DCE they also bullied Willie Peters I swear it's all the medias doing and the nrl they bullied us and made us rort the salary cap.
It's also the medias fault that the most successful club since 1970 plays out of a dilapidated home ground with no improvements insight that successive club officials have had head in the sand and done very little about except those great plans we release every season.
The media is also to blame for us churning through ceo's quicker than we churn through Prime Ministers.
I also blame the media and the nrl for Penn sacking a club legend in Toovey and replacing him with Barrett.
I blame the media and the nrl for getting DCE to backflip on his deal and give him a "lifetime" deal that was a panic move by rank amateurs.
I also blame the nrl and media for the cocojoy disaster yep the media were so unprofessional signing that deal
Finally I blame the media and the nrl for hiring Bozo to "turn" the club around what a success that has been he hired half his family we get done for rorting the cap and Bozo leaves thanks for the rebuild Bozo.

Talking about one issue here mate.

Tuck the soapbox back under the cot.

FMD! Common sense prevails. I do agree with you that the media machine is ruthless and has been the cause of all our woes. Now let's get a petition going for an inquiry..

Get any two blokes together .... let alone 30 .... and practical jokes, gotchyas and stitch -ups are 100% guaranteed to happen on a regular basis .... and apart from the inevitable odd one that goes too far (usually apologised for) everybody gets on with it and plans a return gotchya ...

It can, and is a normal group bonding method used by boofhead blokes since forever ..

But once in a while you can get one bloke who just doesn't get it .... maybe that is part of Hastings personality problems .....

PSS .. I remember one "adored" team mate of mine thinking it would be funny to whack his liniment soaked hand down the front of my shorts as we were going down the tunnel .... the crowd were also amused when in the first break of play I ran 30m to grab the trainers sponge and whack that down my shorts and rub energetically...

I think at board level and our administration side, there has been a culture of bullying. So many changes of CEO indicate that have been problems, I think on observation we have a few people in the club who are "my way or the highway" people and this can cause bullying.

Within the team, I am not so sure. I think the fact that we have invested so much in one player means that the coaching staff has to back this person as much as possible. The current divisions can be healed as long as there is a spirit of goodwill and that the players come together and show the form that we all know they are capable of.
The corporate world is full of those people. Every organization has them. I know it sounds like a “poor us” thing. But I genuinely believe the media crucify us for everything. There is ancient wounds in people that they just hate manly. The only person I see on tv that I think is genuinely objective is brandy alexander. Paul Kent has been better lately but he seems to jump around a lot and gets on his high horse at times.

I have a few mates that work for different professional sports teams and because of the egos on people and the competitive culture these personality clashes occur everywhere. It doesn’t excuse them I just know that we aren’t the only club that deals with them.

The corporate world is full of those people. Every organization has them. I know it sounds like a “poor us” thing. But I genuinely believe the media crucify us for everything. There is ancient wounds in people that they just hate manly. The only person I see on tv that I think is genuinely objective is brandy alexander. Paul Kent has been better lately but he seems to jump around a lot and gets on his high horse at times.

I have a few mates that work for different professional sports teams and because of the egos on people and the competitive culture these personality clashes occur everywhere. It doesn’t excuse them I just know that we aren’t the only club that deals with them.
Well Sporting News had a story today about Parra training getting heated and blood being spilled but that was all under the guise of bonding and toughness whereas for Manly it's bullying and DCE is a dickhead.

Great post. I gotta say I'm so over the whinging on this site about the media did this to us, the NRL did that to us etc.
The 'everybody hates us and we don't care' attitude came from a position of strength. They could say what they wanted about us, they could hate us, but we knew how to build and maintain a winning team.
Now it just sounds like a bunch of whiny victims.
Man up Manly fans!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
9 7 2 72 16
8 7 1 56 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10