Dear Parramatta

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
What could have been, Ray Price was born at Royal North Shore and lived at Neutral Bay for four years, could have been a Norths or dare I say, a Manly player.

Tonight's a special night, my very best mate ( we have known each other for 55 years) and his Mrs are coming over for a farewell dinner before we head off for 5 months in the caravan this weekend.

He's a mad Squeals supporter and has been up me for the rent about Twatmough / Foran and running last.

Funny about this but his almost daily text messages stopped about 2 weeks ago.

Could be a fun night around the dinner table after a few sherbets!!

Tonight's a special night, my very best mate ( we have known each other for 55 years) and his Mrs are coming over for a farewell dinner before we head off for 5 months in the caravan this weekend.

He's a mad Squeals supporter and has been up me for the rent about Twatmough / Foran and running last.

Funny about this but his almost daily text messages stopped about 2 weeks ago.

Could be a fun night around the dinner table after a few sherbets!!
Mark,
Set his place at the dinner table with wooden spoons!

Bettya Foz is chomping at the bit to sit in the traffic on parramatta road for a few hours every day and join his classy old mate mung watmough and this current high performing eels squad.

The two of them belong together. If you think Watmough's copping it from the squeels fans this year, wait to Foz hits the joint and helps himself to a massive slice of their salary cap. Ouch! Foz clearly didn't think about inserting a clause into his contract that deals with the desperation and unrealistic expectations that will be foisted on him by a club that has been mediocre for the last 30 years. Forget about board dysfunction, its the rabid squeels fans, maddened by years of false hopes and lousy results that are gonna give foz the most grief. The fact that he did not realise how massively risky his move was gonna be is astonishing.

If he's not thinking backflip, he should at least be thinking running away backwards at speed.

I'm just releaved that it will be the eels who have to deal with his next episode of perpetual dithering about whether he should run off with the latest coach who has made eyes at him, to improve his game, and in the best interests of his family, and his pet dog.

I believe that Ray Price is actually the nephew of former Manly and North's back rower Peter Diversi.

Don't get me wrong though, I'm glad Price never darkened the Manly jumper. I think we did ok for locks in that era with guys like Ian Martin and Fatty.

People used to call Price "Mr Perpetual Motion" (especially by some Speels supporter named Ray Warren....). Sometimes I got the feeling he believed his own press.

Last edited:
Someone posed this question on Twitter

Hypothetical: Foran dislocates hip in Rd 12 and doctors say out for 18mths, can Parra reneg on the contract as easy as a player can? #NRL

Hypothetical: Foran dislocates hip in Rd 12 and doctors say out for 18mths, can Parra reneg on the contract as easy as a player can? #NRL
Parra cannot renege, only Foran, but I suppose if Foran didn't disclose any of his chronic hamstring and back problems, then they may have a case.

No - nor if he had the good sense to head high someone (Croker style)in the 2015 GF that won Manly the game, then got 15 months suspension :p

Last edited:

Nope. A club can act on a contract in the event of a negative incident involving the player (ensuring the NRL supports it...most likely), but an injury is something they'll have to wear.

And if said hip injury saw Foran retire early, the Eels will be forced to pay out his entire agreed salary for that four year period. Won't count to their Cap for subsequent seasons after the retirement announcement, but a lot to handover for nothing. (Which perhaps is how they're already feeling about Watmough at about this time).

I dont know if this has been mentioned yet but because of the close for and against, if and when Parra are beaten by the Warriors on Saturday, that will lift Manly off the bottom of the ladder before they've even stepped out on the field. That is provided the Warriors win by any more than a field goal. I think that will be a huge relief and mental boost taking on Penrith and if all goes to plan I'm expecting a very confident Manly side. Thanks for that Parra, you are the gift that keeps on giving.

Mark,
Set his place at the dinner table with wooden spoons!

Sorry but Mark couldn't set the table with wooden spoons. Manly haven't won any.

He'll have to get his Parramatta mate to supply them.

...People used to call Price "Mr Perpetual Motion" (especially by some Speels supporter named Ray Warren....). Sometimes I got the feeling he believed his own press.

My wife works in a dementia ward and said that a lot of her residents cannot sit still either.

The way I have had it explained to me on this forum is, there is a cooling off period on the contract till round 13. Meaning either party can terminate the contract before then. Like Bulldogs and Fafita.

The way I have had it explained to me on this forum is, there is a cooling off period on the contract till round 13. Meaning either party can terminate the contract before then. Like Bulldogs and Fafita.
No, the LPA won this concession for the Players only.

Fifita had agreed to Terms, but did not sign the MOU when he saw that the TPA's were not guaranteed by the Dogs. Then he bad mouthed them, so they withdrew from the negotiations.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8