Dear Parramatta

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Shhh..! No one say anything bad about Choc or we'll get attacked by his kind...

9TzAjiK.jpg

True - professional sport is not recreational. This is why he had to get insurance. The only time you can sue for damages is if there was a misconduct (where you would have to prove the act was intentional + intention to injure). With Jarrod McCracken, he was able to because Marcus Bai admitted they were trying to hurt him in the tackle (albeit not to **** up his spine), at which point the eyeballs of McCracken's barrister actually went from hazel to gold dollar signs...
I've got no legal expertise. But IMO the NRL and the clubs would be extremely foolish to simply assume they couldn't be sued for negligence depending on individual circumstances.

I've got no legal expertise. But IMO the NRL and the clubs would be extremely foolish to simply assume they couldn't be sued for negligence depending on individual circumstances.
Generally if you are talking negligence in sport, it would be a player getting injured during the course of the game. Each situation has to be judged on its own merits, but generally speaking, the players owe each other a duty of care, and during a game, they are the only ones that could inflict a negligent act that caused significant harm. If it's something outside the rules and deliberate, they'd be in trouble. The club - probably only with things like ground being **** and a player getting hurt because of that.

There is a rugby case where some guys who played for Warringah I think tried to sue the WRC because they were permanently disabled after a scrum collapsed but that failed...

Generally if you are talking negligence in sport, it would be a player getting injured during the course of the game. Each situation has to be judged on its own merits, but generally speaking, the players owe each other a duty of care, and during a game, they are the only ones that could inflict a negligent act that caused significant harm. If it's something outside the rules and deliberate, they'd be in trouble. The club - probably only with things like ground being **** and a player getting hurt because of that.

There is a rugby case where some guys who played for Warringah I think tried to sue the WRC because they were permanently disabled after a scrum collapsed but that failed...
If, say, the NRL were aware, or reasonably should have been aware, that players were receiving serious brain injuries from head high shots - and failed to take reasonable actions to prevent those brain injuries - then they would IMO be seriously exposed to being sued for negligence.

If, say, the NRL were aware, or reasonably should have been aware, that players were receiving serious brain injuries from head high shots - and failed to take reasonable actions to prevent those brain injuries - then they would IMO be seriously exposed to being sued for negligence.
Like the NFL? Possibly. But it's tough to prove a rugby league player has suffered a brain injury. Take Choc for example - at what point would you say its the brain injury and is no longer just Choc being Choc..?

As I said yesterday Parramatta are an absolute rabble. I still can't believe That chief f$ckwit and those other trolls actually came on here and were having a go at us when foran signed with them. We have won 3 premierships and played in 9 GF's to their 0 premierships and 1 gf since 1986. They also have 2 out of the last 3 spoons and may get a third this year.

Sure we are in a re building phase after being the most successful club over the last 10 years and sure our management has been average off the field however you can't even compare our management troubles to the circus that their club is off the field. As Paul Kent said I can't see foran lasting 4 years there. He will do two and realise what a basket case it is and the dogs or roosters will pick him up.

Watmough won't last long there either the way he is playing. They will give him next season as well before releasing him to England I reckon.

And won't it be sweet that they will have to pay $600k a year of his $950k a year contract with the Warrington Wolves, With the Wolves picking him up for $350k, the stuff of dreams!!

I think a lot of people that cried about the decision of the club to let him go have egg on their faces now! Same goes for gifty. Played well for a few weeks in new colours and then sits out 12 weeks injured. Not worth the roster spot. Love him but his body is failing him

Exactly, the club is copping a lot of crap but have been vindicated with the Stewart/Watmough decision. Really, though, it was just common sense.

Its backflip Month @:rolleyes:

BREAKING: Cronulla backflip on an agreement to release Michael Gordon to Parramatta on a mid-season release @TheParraEels @Cronulla_Sharks

Its backflip Month @:rolleyes:

BREAKING: Cronulla backflip on an agreement to release Michael Gordon to Parramatta on a mid-season release @TheParraEels @Cronulla_Sharks

Cronulla backflip on agreement, or Gordon saw how terrible the squeels are and went Stuff it, ill take my chances with the gummies.

Cronulla backflip on agreement, or Gordon saw how terrible the squeels are and went Stuff it, ill take my chances with the gummies.
Surely common sense has prevailed from Gordon. You would have to go play reggies or even park football before you would go there. Oh sorry playing with them would be like playing in a park footy team.

Like the NFL? Possibly. But it's tough to prove a rugby league player has suffered a brain injury. Take Choc for example - at what point would you say its the brain injury and is no longer just Choc being Choc..?
Brain scans might one day explain Choc being Choc.

My wish for Parramatta is that Ray Price is elected tot he board and allowed to run the show.

Anybody who heard him on radio yesterday ( or for the pas 30 years for that matter ) would have to agree he one of the biggest dribblers in the history of the planet earth.....I almost feel sorry for them.

So in summary....VOTE 1 RAY PRICE.

Ray Price.....good player, I won't deny that. But he was also a thug who was/is so full of his own self importance that it wasn't funny.

Watmough is starting to look like that American lady some years ago, the plastic surgery tragic who wound up looking like something out of Cat People.

Ray Price.....good player, I won't deny that. But he was also a thug who was/is so full of his own self importance that it wasn't funny.
I remember Ray sliding in with the knees on Tom Mooney, after the latter scored a try in the S-W corner at Brookvale back in '79. Ray certainly looked uncomfortable when Moose Mooney hopped up swinging as Ray cowered on the turf. Manly were awarded a 7-point try. Unfortunately John Gray could only convert the second kick from in front. Not that it really (Parra)mattered, as they won 28-13.

I still can't figure out how Price got exonerated for his wild swing at Wombat in the 1978 finals.

Probably had something to do with him being a certainty for the upcoming Kangaroo Tour. If Price was a nobody he would have been suspended for that.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8